Kendrick Lamar "DAMN."

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 21, 2016
I wonder if it's linked to the average American's attention span decreasing. The average American had an attention span of 15 seconds in 1990, 12 seconds in 2000, and only 8 seconds in 2016. Maybe the teenagers/young adults of today like that retarded rap more than lyrical rap because they actually have to kind of pay attention to lyrical rap.

Even me, I find myself liking some of them retarded rap songs like 21 Savage, I wouldn't have been caught dead listening to that shit a few years ago.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
What about Stevie Ray Vaughn, Hendrix ect.. America has such deep history in Rock, yet it gets ignored because they are fed retard rap constantly. That is all they listen too, no other genres.

They need to break free from the matrix.

Oct 16, 2002
Gilroy
Only kendrick lamar songs Ive heard are the ones that get played on the radio. Other than that never cared to check out his music.On another note the new rick ross is fire tho..

Apr 25, 2002
As a result, the vast majority of this so-called music being produced today, particularly that which is aimed at young [& stupid] people, is cooked up with a very short expiration date. Of course, the artistry suffers as a direct result, but who needs creativity when you have flashy internet clicks?

Party Just Begun by Freestyle. Stick'em by Fat Boys. Reckless by "Ice T". all old ass early 80's hip hop. instruments, concepts, "not singing". a lot of them old ass hip hop songs sounded crazy to "disco rap" fans and especially to people who didnt like any kind of rap. the shit "wasnt music". these youngsters are just doin what hip hop been known for.

i think England/UK's music scene is dope as fuck, very influential, and very underrated. that's cus they dont try to be cool to american's and they just do their thing and let it grow. and it seems like they are always ahead of the US in terms of pop music and style. they aint trippin off what sounds cool or what somethins "supposed to" sound like.

thats how these younger rappers are. its a very good thing but everybody aint gotta like it.

Apr 11, 2003
Broadbeach, AUSTRALIA
If you don't fuck with Kendrick Lamar, you a hater. straight up. I know folks who bumped him hella tough on those old The Game mixtapes back when he was signed to Game's Black wallstreet Label. And all of a sudden when he got with Dre and changed his name from K-Dot to Kendrick Lamar, people hella switched up and nitpicked everything about dude. Like I don't like his voice, he's too mainstream, etc. people who were on that Black Wallstreet hype acted like they don't recognize K-Dot. So basically Kendick is dope, and if you don't like his music, you're a hater
Man not true - I have seriously never heard a song I liked from him. I have heard songs that are okay and I can tolerate them but I find them BORING and they leave me completely uninterested.

And I'm very happy to change my mind - I dug through Mozzy's catalogue and found a gang of shit I really like even though I fel the same way about him when I first heard him. The songs I didn't like when I first heard Mozzy I still don't like though.

So post up Kednricks top 10 songs I should listen to and I will give them a spin.

recklessofgilaz

Im Gay until I log back in
Oct 30, 2008
Gilaz with Track Killa and Vince
Man not true - I have seriously never heard a song I liked from him. I have heard songs that are okay and I can tolerate them but I find them BORING and they leave me completely uninterested.

And I'm very happy to change my mind - I dug through Mozzy's catalogue and found a gang of shit I really like even though I fel the same way about him when I first heard him. The songs I didn't like when I first heard Mozzy I still don't like though.

So post up Kednricks top 10 songs I should listen to and I will give them a spin.
will do yo. I'll post some links right now

Dec 13, 2003

Last edited: