Jury Duty Bitches

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 25, 2005
I just got released from jury duty. My case was a guy who originally studied law enforcement at UW, but went on to firebomb police vehicles at a facility, was on the run, and then came across a couple officers parked and shot one of them point blank in the dome, killing one and injuring the partner. Then he was on the run again, and a few days later they caught him and he was shot at rendering him paraplegic. His lawyers were arguing for insanity plea. This case is the most current case to possibly overturn the capital punishment moratorium in Washington state, as it is a superior court case.

Murder of Timothy Brenton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They got a bunch of us in a room and we watched a Tim and Eric style video about how important it is to do our duty as citizens on jury duty. There was maybe 200-300 people there. Then we had a briefing of the case.

This is what I get for voting to legalize pot.

They told us not to say anything about the case to anyone, including our friends or family, unless you want to get charged with contempt of the court. If you see a webpage or newspaper article about hte case you need to bounce out. We had to fill out a 10 page questionnaire asking questions about what you think about guns, police, death penalty, military, etc etc etc.

I think I got released because I said the murder of an "officer of the law" as they kept referring to it, should be weighted the same as the murder of a citizen.

The details of the case were not in question, it was the punishment that the jurors were to determine. Life in prison without the possibility of parole, or the death sentence. Dude is paraplegic so who knows whether he'd rather die than serve life, or if that is even a factor, what he'd rather do.

Anyways, I just got a check for $20 from the court for doing my due diligence as an upstanding citizen of this United States. Weird thing it said is was a "warrant" for $20 i guess that some legal language.

Have you ever done jury duty or been tried by a jury? I get the impression it's never a "jury of your peers" because it always gets whittled down to some motherfuckers that 1. Dont have a job, 2. Don't have the internets 3. Vote,

Which means a bunch of grannys and shit. Not a jury of your "peers". How in the fuck did anyone on the Martin/Zimmerman case quarantine themselves from the media?

S.SAVAGE

SICCNESS MOTHERFUCKER
Oct 25, 2011
EAST SAN JOSE
just mark the box that says u dont read or write english on the front. how can they prove you dont?
because you read the question that asked you if you could or not, & you answered with a checkmark, in a box, that was designated in english, to mark if you did or did not read in english.

double edged sword.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Been selected twice. Got kicked off both times.

I don't want to decide your fate unless your shit has directly impacted my life, my families life, etc. And then, unless there is some older family member pulling rank (mom's is the only one who can pull it with me now) then it ain't gettin to the courts anyway.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
fucking gay ass jury duty said I don't gotta go in the morning, but I gotta call tomorrow to see if I need to go in the afternoon

and I just noticed its in hayward.....fuck this shit