I'm starting to learn to make beats

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 15, 2008
Thanks everyone for your help, feedback, and suggestions, which helped quite a bit to improve this new hobby of mine. I began to look up music theory, even though it's complicated and somewhat hard to understand, I believe I'm getting the hang of it.

Let me know what you think of my latest track.

There's no cut samples in this track, just 2 pianos, synth, and drums.

Jan 29, 2016
East Palo Alto
www.youtube.com
Alright everyone, its been 3 months since I last posted for opinions. How do you think i'm doing so far with my beats?

They sound good man. Make sure you change it up after every 8 bars or so to keep the rhythm going.

I change my beats every 4 bars to give it a rising effect or a chill effect. Like after 4 bars take the bass out and let it hit hard 4 bars after. Adding high hats until the 8th bar and so on. but theyre cool, good job man

Props: Mr G and Mr G
Oct 15, 2008

At the beginning of learning music, I struggled, shrugged criticism, and at times wanting to give up. All your opinions, good and bad, helped me out a lot to get better and not give up. It may seem like I have been ignoring all of you, but I have been implementing all of your input by going to the places you’ve recommended, websites, YouTube videos, and even your own techniques. I appreciate all your help. To me, this is just a hobby, a hobby that I’ve enjoyed.

In the beginning, I believe I posted a Halloween song, but I decided to go back to it, remaking it, starting from scratch, and remixing it.

Thanks again for all of your help.

Jan 31, 2008

At the beginning of learning music, I struggled, shrugged criticism, and at times wanting to give up. All your opinions, good and bad, helped me out a lot to get better and not give up. It may seem like I have been ignoring all of you, but I have been implementing all of your input by going to the places you’ve recommended, websites, YouTube videos, and even your own techniques. I appreciate all your help. To me, this is just a hobby, a hobby that I’ve enjoyed.

In the beginning, I believe I posted a Halloween song, but I decided to go back to it, remaking it, starting from scratch, and remixing it.

Thanks again for all of your help.
Not bad! I can see you are improving.
my advice would be to play a little with the amplitude(volume) of the different tracks. It seems like there was a lot of ceiling space with nothing filling it.

An example of good use of amplitude that I can think of from the top of my head is