? I NeedAny Gun Owners On The SICCNESS? I Need Some Advise

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
How much are you looking to spend and how much are you planning to use it?

If it is solely for home defense, get a .40 or .45. But if you plan on going to the range with that gun a lot, you'll go broke shooting real quick. If you want range use and home defense, I'd prob go with a 9mm and save some $$ on ammo.

A .22 is real cheap to shoot, but there's a good chance you'll die during a home invasion.

Sep 16, 2002
I just sold my M9 last Tuesday for $550 was quick and painless, went to Jackson Arms in South City. .

But yeah like Shea said go to the range and test em out, hold em , shoot em if u can.. whatever feels comfortable for u..

I had an XD 9 but not anymore , it was a solid gun

I currently have a Sig P229 and that's my shit with custom hogue grip

my bad I'm trippin.. it's a P226

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2006
east bay
I just sold my M9 last Tuesday for $550 was quick and painless, went to Jackson Arms in South City. .

But yeah like Shea said go to the range and test em out, hold em , shoot em if u can.. whatever feels comfortable for u..

I had an XD 9 but not anymore , it was a solid gun

I currently have a Sig P229 and that's my shit with custom hogue grip
That's crazy I didn't even know Jackson arms was still around, they must of just moved to a different location?

Sep 16, 2002
^^ yeah never been there, it was a coo lil spot.. it was off South Airport n Utah i think? I just met dude there to do the transfer took like 20 min...

Ne Obliviscaris

RIP Cut-Throat and SoCo
Dec 30, 2004
i gotta c/s erryone saying go with a shotgun for home defense. I got a mossberg 590, and its a great gun. Aside from the aim benefit from a shotty, you also get the "rack effect" everyone knows what that sound is, and most of them will try and depart as promptly ass possible when they hear it. I dunno what the laws are in cali, but up here in washifas you can get charged for shooting a home invader and id much rather scare one of then kill one and deal with catching a case over protecting my house.

Props: reo and reo

Legman

پراید آش
Nov 5, 2002
i steer clear of Taurus, and also, i know you didnt ask but stay from TulAmmo...its a garbage shot and ive had 7/10 misfire in my S&W .380...

i know a few people that swear by Taurus but ive had nothin but malfunctions when handled their products, mainly their 9mm lineups

Feb 14, 2004
Oh yeah, any info on ammo is good, too. Best ammo to get and ammo to stay away from. Or better yet, best inexpensive ammo to get lol

I've yet to get my first firearm as well. I don't want to purchase one and end up not being satisfied with the purchase, especially since I know it'll cost a pretty penny.