How many times a week do you go to the gym?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

How often do you work-out?

• 1-2 times a week

Votes: 9 9.5%
  • 2-3 times a week

• 3-5 times a week

Votes: 34 35.8%
  • 5+ times a week

• Every day

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • None.....who cares?

Votes: 32 33.7%

• Total voters
Oct 28, 2005
www.myspace.com
I "heard" it's OK to do Abs 'every other day or third day', and other muscles around once a week. Cardio, I hear more than about 45 minutes at a time will make you catabolize (lose muscle). Other than that I'm just trying not to over-do it....

Aug 8, 2003
i dont have gym membership but i do excersies every weekday...

yeah your right about working your abs once every other day or so..

Oct 13, 2004
I use to fuck wit 24hr fitness but since i've been going to college and work,I ain't got that much time. I use to work out 4 days a week. i needa go back ASAP

Stealth

May 8, 2002
I only work out once or twice a week to stay in shape anymore. A game of basketball, some pull ups and push ups, stuff like that.

I used to workout hardcore in high school when I played football though. Running, 2 hours in the weight room, calisthenics, stretching, shit like that. I got a lot stronger and a lot bigger. I like doing legs and backs one day, the next day I'll do different leg excercises that work out other muscles and chest, and then the last day bring it all together with some squats and clean and jerks and shit.

Its been a long time since I've been on a regular schedule, but everytime I do it I still remember the technique and form which I think is important.

I've seen too many dumbasses try to put up 250 pounds the wrong way instead of doing 225 the right way, just so they can say they put up 250. Fuck em

FDS

RIP DUKE BROTHERS
Jan 29, 2006
i go to the gym pretty tough, but then i got sick a couple months back and lost 10lbs from not eating. that set me back hella far and i cant lift as much as i used too.

May 2, 2002
Dirty Shoez said:
For 3 days I do Back/Biceps, Chest/Triceps and Legs/Shoulders, and the other 2 I do Abs/Cardio.
Just a suggestion...but you may want to do Shoulders with your Chest/Triceps day. When you work your chest, you're also working out your shoulders...so it makes sense to do it all in the same day.

Then on Leg day, you just focus on your legs.

But if what you're doing is working for you...then I would stick with it.

Sep 29, 2003
you guys are discussing working out, how about diet? isnt the diet like 75% of your results?

gimpypimp, if u have time, can u explain the different schedules/workouts you would use for the different results u are looking for? example, how many reps/sets for strength training, how many sets/reps for just toning up?

May 2, 2002
It's all diet.

This is what I do.

Monday:
Chest, Shoulders, Tri's, Abs

Wednesday:
Legs and Abs

Friday:
Back and Bi's, Abs

Of course there is cardio and switching things around, but that's the basics right there.

Some people might work the same area twice in the same week, but I don't think it's necessary. Rest is very important, but everyone is different.

May 2, 2002
As for sets/reps...I found that this works best for me. I started using this routine when I first started lifting. I went from 165lbs. to 205lbs. Of course, everyone is different.

2 Warm Up Sets: 8 Reps.
Set 1: 6-8 Reps.
Set 2: 4-6 Reps.
Set 3: 2-4 Reps.
Set 4: 1-2 Reps.
Set 5: Burnout, 6-12 Reps.
Set 6: Superset 8-12 Reps.

Tempo is 3/0/1 with a 2-3 minute break between sets.

Note: Set 5, the burnout set, is with no rest after set 4. Only enough time to change the weight.

Set 6, the superset, is also with no rest, and is a different excercise. For example, Sets 1-5 I'll do Bench Press, flat (Barbell)...and then for my superset I'll do Flyes, flat (Dumbbell).

When cutting...I just do a higher rep range.

2 Warm Up Sets: 12 Reps.
Set 1: 12 Reps.
Set 2: 10-12 Reps.
Set 3: 8-10 Reps.
Set 4: 6-8 Reps.
Set 5: Burnout, 6-12 Reps.
Set 6: Superset 6-12 Reps.

Again, you change things around...but this is the basic set/rep range. I can post the actual excercises later if anyone is interested. Just let me know.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
i try to go 3-4 times a week but I've been slackin this month cuz I'm trying to find a new place to live and been looking at houses some days when i'm supposed to go. I think I'd be pretty cut up if I ate a whole lot better and cut down on the drinking but fuck it I feel good and got some yolks so I'm straight. I try to eat well but damn they throw that fast food in your face everywhere you do.

Oct 28, 2005
www.myspace.com
MaKaVeLi_420 said:
you guys are discussing working out, how about diet? isnt the diet like 75% of your results?
I'm on Low Carb right now. Grabbed up some of those Ketostix to test and my piss is overflowing with Ketones right now, my body is basically running on body fat. I'm totally stoked right now (no skateboarder)