The Home Gym Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 15, 2003
Of the SENIC CITY
Who Here Trains In A Home Gym Instead Of A Local Gym? If You Ain't Got A Machine To Do A Workout What Do You Do Instead? Do You Get Chicks To Come Over To Your Gym? Do You Train For A Sport? Is Their More Focus In The Home Gym Or Is It Just A Cheaper Way Of Pounding Out Frustration? Let Me Know About The Whole Home Gym You Guys Got Because I'm Trying To Get Mine About As Best As It Can Be?

VERSACERO

smoking meth with steve
Mar 14, 2004
I have a dope home gym set up even spent $100's of dollars on dumbbells lol but I have a bad back and am in the gym cause the machines are so much better then free weights on the back!

You don't need a machine just a couple dumbbells!! Chest press, shoulder press, curls, bent over one arm rows for back, dumbbell squats

Apr 25, 2002
Houston
you can't effectively train in your garage.
You need an actual gym.
That's inaccurate. I workout in my garage. I can't stand all of the people at the gym, the wait time for certain pieces of equipment, people monopolizing a piece of equipment because they are playing on their cellphone, and the 30-45 minutes of roundtrip drive time. I turned a 2-2 1/2 hour workout into a 1-1 1/2 hour workout. And I can spend the time with my child or supervise her playing outside while I'm working out.

You can create a decent home gym by just gradually adding to it year after year. Within the past year, I've added a Concept II rower ($400), a set of 50 pound dumbbells ($90), and an adjustable bench ($90), in addition to everything else I already had.

Nov 27, 2014
You can get a full work out with just a weight bench and some dumb bells. I skip the gym and hit that all the time just don't watch TV that's the main thing. The gym you do more because you have to move from spot to spot and others motivate your workout. Also it's like 80% diet if you trying to get in shape and that's real

Aug 15, 2003
Of the SENIC CITY
My HomeBoy From My Old Neighborhood Got Me Back Into Lifting, He Was Running His Small Hill By His House Back And Forth And Barely Had Any Weights And Was Going Ham, Lol. I Could Never Get That Out My Mind, Having Barely Anything But Still Doing The Damn Thang. But For That I Need To Get My Boy Some 40lb Dumbbells But He Moved To Boston Before I Could.

Aug 15, 2003
Of the SENIC CITY
If I Had To Start From Nothing I Would Have A Deck Of Cards, A Jump Rope, A Pull Up Bar, A Set Of 50lb Dumbbells, And A Bag. I Would Probably Take In A Good Diet And Just Try To Stay Fit Because Being Healthy Is Worthy More Than Wealth Itself.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2014
I was benching 200 with the bar and 80's with the dumb bells and curling 40's before my car accident I just got my cast off but still can't put weight on my leg. I just started going back to the gym started doing 25 pound curls but HELLA reps and hitting the machines light but hella reps and it feels better then when I was going heavy with less. I actually think it's better going light

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
I have a gym at work and I belong to a gym. If I had the space for a real home gym I would do it but my house that I live in is only 1800 sq ft and I just don't have the space for the pieces of equipment I would want to own. You can lift the same amount of weight at home as you can at someone else's gym lol. Treadmill? Go running or walking. Stationary bike? Buy the stand. Oh, and the best place to get equipment? Auctions- we are talking pennies on the dollar for even sometimes high end equipment, treadmills, ellipticals and the like.

May 6, 2002
Rumpelstiltskin is mad because he doesnt understand the importance of being fat in terms of it being better for ones health.
Haha.
Probably true.
I'm not healthy. I just look healthy.
That is pretty much true for anyone who trains harder than they should.

I have torn ligiments in my left shoulder that are taking forever to heal.
My right knee gives out from time to time and it feels like there is water in there.
My right elbow has occassional pain from an over extension.

I haven't carbed up for 5 days now (carbing up tonight).

My body is a wreck.
I'm stylin though.

VERSACERO

smoking meth with steve
Mar 14, 2004
I had back surgery in 06 for a pinched nerve and have two herniated discs, I workout everyday I just don't go too heavy, I feel good every once in a while my back will go out like a few weeks ago I sneezed and it paralyzed me lol I was on my cane walking like a 90 year old