Heald College close all remaining campuses.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 28, 2011
The for-profit Corinthian Colleges network will shutter its remaining 28 campuses effective Monday.

The closures include 13 Everest and WyoTech campuses in California, Everest College Phoenix and Everest Online Tempe in Arizona, the Everest Institute in New York, and Heald College, along with its 10 satellite campuses across the U.S., according to a notice on the organization's website.

Corinthian's network of for-profit schools once included 100 campuses across the country, where about 74,000 students were enrolled. But since last July, the U.S. Department of Education has forced the company to close or sell off its locations over concerns about its high-interest loans and misleading information.

Even before the shutdown plan was announced, Corinthian had already spent years in court defending itself against charges it had allegedly preyed on low-income people with expensive loans. Over the past year, things haven't gotten better for the embattled education company, which faces a slew of lawsuits brought by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, and attorneys general in California, Massachusetts and Wisconsin.

Just this month, Corinthian was fined $30 million by the Department of Education for overstating job placement rates for graduates.

"Instead of providing clear and accurate information to help students choose which college to attend, Corinthian violated students' and taxpayers' trust," Department of Education Under Secretary Ted Mitchell said earlier in a statement.

And in February, the government struck a deal with ECMC Group, allowing the student debt guarantor to acquire some of Corinthian's campuses. ECMC agreed to wipe out $480 million in debt to avoid any liability for Corinthian's alleged illegal activity.

Once a cash cow industry, for-profit education companies have struggled to overcome criticism of their costs and the quality of instruction. The University of Phoenix has lost more than half of its students in the past five years.

Source

Jul 12, 2002
I bet University of Phoenix or a similar school works something out to pick up the students that have not completed their program yet. I would rather see that happen then see taxpayers have to forgive all their student loan debt.

Nov 27, 2014
I went to Heald for a year and transferred to Silicon Valley College both are now closed that sucks what a waist of money

Feb 25, 2006
These type of schools have always been scams I attended bryman when it was around total joke teachers were horrible and the work was high school like students all junior college rejects. Finished my shitty program went to a community then transferred to a university. They just closed wyotech here in long beach my bro was attending for the plumbing program.

fuck college and debt. Everyone knows you get rich by bettings and investing.
Nobody ever got rich by breaking their fucking back!
school trains you to be a nice slave to make someone else rich!
fuck them all.. it's all about Me and me getting rich...

fuck the world
fuck a bitch..
get rich !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cpcbsnhAjo

Props: BUTCHER 206
Jun 6, 2014
Earth
a lot of fields will not hire people who went to these for profit school.

my neighbor has a computer degree from heald. he works as a intake worker for social services.

I have completed a bit of junior college courses in computers. I already have a job lined up doing IT work with the local school district.

fuck those places

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
Its all how you sell yourself, and who you know. I work with fools that went to Hi Tech Institute, another scam school (had a homeboy who used to scam succas into going there). Why did these people get hired though? Because they were able to convince their interviewers that they had the right skill set and were capable of performing the job duties.

A key to landing interviews is how well you can write a cover letter and a resume (and ensuring you are communicating your knowledge and experience). A key to landing the job is selling the decision makers on that you can fulfill their need. A lesson taught to me early on was when a question asks for years of experience doing a specific task, remember, it does not ask how long you have done that task in your employment history- its asking generally (i.e. maybe you have built your own computers for years which gives you that many years in hardware experience, etc.- you do not have to tell them it was outside of your employment).

Stop blaming others and where you went to school or or didn't go. Take some pride in yourself, look yourself in the mirror, have some drive and build your confidence - you are your worst enemy and best friend. Moving forward, if you want to further your education, self-study for certifications and/or professional licenses (cheapest) which are required or highly sought after for your field, or take community college classes (cheapest instructor led and transferable).

School IS NOT the only route to success. Throwing in the towel is not an option.

Last edited: