HAVING COMPUTER ISSUES...VIRUSES,SPYWARE, ETC...INFO HERE

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 31, 2006
so a few weeks ago my hard drive crashed, lost everything. good thing i had it all backed up on my external.. i had to buy a new one from HP. anyway, i have a feeling my iPod caused this. it happened right when i plugged it in. my computer was runnin smooth as can be. i have a HP G70 with Windows Vista (yea i know.) my iPod is a 30gb with video, not exactly sure which generation it is. has anyone experienced that problem?

Feb 11, 2006
anyone know what windows defender is?? its popped up on my pc sayin it needs to scan my system,i googled it and theres a genuine and fake version of this boolchit...anyone know anything about this shit?

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
My windows security essentials said my malware was turned off and there was no way to fix it, now its missing from the taskbar on the bootom right altogether after I restarted my pc. It wouldn't let me do a scan either.

Edit: I just reinstalled it and it seems to be working, we'll see after this scan.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
The scan showed no results, which is the first time thats ever happened, not even any trojans or adware. I think my pc has aids :(. Should I switch from MSE?

May 4, 2002
my laptop has been fucked fora min, i finally got it to work. ran a avast scan and there was a virus in the mozilla add on tool bar on my wifes account. i deleted it. now i turn the laptop on and i cant connect to the internet throught my wireless router.

its a toshiba satellite a505

Jan 31, 2008
^did you run malwarebytes? if so, go to your control panel > internet options>connections and click on Lan settings
Make sure the "Use a proxy server for your LAN" checkbox is not checked and hit okay
Then click on the Advanced tab, and click the Reset button.

Jan 31, 2008
^no i dont think so.
ok now go to Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center>Change Adapter Settings
and make sure that there is a "Wireless Network Connection" adapter in there, and that its also enabled (not grayed out). If its not enabled, right click it and go to enable.

Jan 31, 2008
ok google your laptops model + Drivers , go to the manufacturers support and download page, download the wireless card driver again. Before you install it, go to start, right click on Computer>Properties.
In the system Settings that opens up, click on Device Manager on the top left.
Expand the "Network Adapters" tree, find the wireless card one, right click it and go to uninstall.
Once its uninstalled, run the setup software for the driver that you downloaded.