HAVING COMPUTER ISSUES...VIRUSES,SPYWARE, ETC...INFO HERE

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 3, 2006
i hope sumone can help....awhile ago i switched out motherboards on a comp, she said she cant open her e-mails.....i checked her security setting and they look good, but it says 0-bit encryption settings and i know it should be 128...right.......do i have to download the same or newer version of IE...i think she IE 5 or 6.....right on yall

May 4, 2002
i dont recall the exact message but it was something like, cannot perform cd burning click this microsoft link. the link didnt have any helpful information. as soon as i downgraded back to WMP 10 it could burn cds.

May 4, 2002
the computer im working on is a dell Dimension 310, 2.8ghz, 1gb of ram. windows xp media edition service pack 2.

the drive im having trouble with is a, philips dvd+rw 8801
when i go into the system hardware and click on the philips properties it lists the dvd drive as

"location 0 (0)" under that i get this message. {windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged} (code 19)

now i tryed to uninstall the drive itself and reinstall with the hardware wizard and that didnt do anything. what are my options? i cant find a driver on the philips website for this dvd+rw8801 or through google.

this isnt my computer and i dont have any discs at all. so if i need to reformat am i shit outta luck?

tweeze

East 27 mack e$O...
Jun 8, 2005
oaKlanD u.S.spray
Click Here and download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.24.

1. Make sure you run the update to get the latest definitions.
2. Run scan (not full scan).
3. Click show results.
4. Click remove selected.
5. Reboot if/when it tells you.

I have had great success using this program to fix other peoples computers, especially when they get that fake "spyware" program trojan installed on their computer that tells them to purchase it. What ever you do, do not comply with that virus/trojan it will only make matters worse.
thax dog that program took off this dam pop up that said i have to download some bogus spyware protection and it keep poping up for 40 bucks

right on that shit is gone now lol

Jan 31, 2008
the computer im working on is a dell Dimension 310, 2.8ghz, 1gb of ram. windows xp media edition service pack 2.

the drive im having trouble with is a, philips dvd+rw 8801
when i go into the system hardware and click on the philips properties it lists the dvd drive as

"location 0 (0)" under that i get this message. {windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged} (code 19)

now i tryed to uninstall the drive itself and reinstall with the hardware wizard and that didnt do anything. what are my options? i cant find a driver on the philips website for this dvd+rw8801 or through google.

this isnt my computer and i dont have any discs at all. so if i need to reformat am i shit outta luck?

ok so ive gotten several results that attempt to give a registry fix, in which you would have to delete some keys, and i also found out about the "firmware or driver" issue.
ive never done this before so i will leave it to other ppl who have experience in whats called "cross flashing":

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f92/bqflasher-liteon-dw1650-8801-benq-dw1650-problem-207616/

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f44/info-about-liteon-dw1650-488-dvd-rw-model-204825/

the WinDWFlash application can be found at :
http://support.us.dell.com/support/...eid=R144661&formatcnt=1&libid=0&fileid=192787

and the cvt files :
http://dvd-rw.hoppy.tk/modules/wfdownloads/viewcat.php?list=B

now again, they claim that Benq 1650 = Philips DVD8801 & 1660P1, but ive never done this before and neither should you . Im posting these as resources for other computer nerds who have had experience with crossflashing before.

Feb 7, 2008
Have this Virus TROJ_AGENT.ANMX. In this file WINDOWS\system32\__c00F1AEC.dat
My Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security says,The Delete action was unsuccessful. Manually delete the file.When i try to delete it says file is in use,Can somebody give me some advise.

Jan 31, 2008
you can either end tree for Explorer.exe in the task manager under the Processes tab, then go to File>Run and click browse, find the file manually and try deleting it then, then you go back to File>Run and type in Explorer and hit Ok to get your desktop showing again.

but rather than try to do so and waste your time, you might as well restart the computer in safe mode by restarting the computer and keep hittin the F8 key on the keyboard, a menu will load that will say something to similar to "Start Safe-Mode" with another one saying "safe-mode with command prompt", but you need to choose the first one instead of the command prompt one, the computer will start up lookin like the graphics are shitty but this is because in safe mode the computer loads only the basic components that are needed to start windows and in return will not load the file you cannot delete . So go find the file and manually delete it or Run your antivirus again. Then restart normally.

a third way you can try to do so is by running Hijackthis which will remove things from startup , then try to remove it.

you should go with the second option i posted tho, everything else was to fill u in on some things.

Jan 31, 2008
^ sounds like a hardware problem to me.
you would be better off taking into a computer place to fix it because the last thing you want to do is take a laptop apart.

this is my advice tho, so wait on other computer peeps to give their advice n then you can decide

May 5, 2006
Im having a weird ass GB problem with my hard drive for the Dell e520. I used to have around 150 GB of free space and when I uninstalled the program lavasoft adaware se, my free GB space went up to atleast 180. Then I started uninstalling a couple more programs I didn't need, and the free space went up to 205. When I refreshed the 'my computer' page after uninstalling all the software, it went back down to 190 in a matter of seconds. Its been around 190 for some time now, but how can get it back up to 205? Has anybody ever had this problem before?

I got my restore checkpoints turned off because it eats your hard drive up. I disk clean my drive and erase the checkpoints everyday.

I dont have any virus programs installed except the McAfee Security Center that was installed when I bought this computer. But i need a really good program that can remove this virus thats killing my drive.

Other than this GB shit, Im having no other problems with my pc.

Jan 31, 2008
lolol, trust me, 195 gb, 205 gb, nothing to worry about or really call a problem.
you are better off saving the restore points instead of trading 10 gb of a 200 gb HD for the ability to back-track incase something does happen.

im currently on 150gb HD, but with windows 98 hardware and XP installed.

Dont worry about that shit because it aint like you gonna end up using all 200 gb anyway.

ThornCity503

Rest In Peace
May 19, 2008
I used to use VSO convertX to concvert my movies and burn them but it has been giving me alot of trouble. What is another good simple converting software for DVDS?.I was going to go with NERO but i dont know which version to use ,thank you