GREAT BOOKS YOU HAVE READ...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
I am a text book reader, not so much other types of books. My favorite book of all time was The People's Almanac (1975)by David Wallechinsky and his father Irving Wallace (which I haven't read in well over 20 years, still my favorite though). I just recently purchased Vol 2 (1978) and The People's Almanac Presents The 20th Century: History With The Boring Parts Left Out (1999), but haven't had time to read them.

To keep my hs aged daughter focused on being successful and goal oriented on her path to college though, I bought her Aaron Clarey's Worthless: The Young Person's Indispensable Guide to Choosing the Right Major (2011). I also provided her a pdf from the US Government which shows the growth and decline rates for job sectors in the US, but just like a teenager she won't read that lol, which is why I basically gave her 4 majors to choose from: medical (e.g. Nurse Practitioner), engineering, pre-law, or finance.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2006
I am a text book reader, not so much other types of books. My favorite book of all time was The People's Almanac (1975)by David Wallechinsky and his father Irving Wallace (which I haven't read in well over 20 years, still my favorite though). I just recently purchased Vol 2 (1978) and The People's Almanac Presents The 20th Century: History With The Boring Parts Left Out (1999), but haven't had time to read them.

To keep my hs aged daughter focused on being successful and goal oriented on her path to college though, I bought her Aaron Clarey's Worthless: The Young Person's Indispensable Guide to Choosing the Right Major (2011). I also provided her a pdf from the US Government which shows the growth and decline rates for job sectors in the US, but just like a teenager she won't read that lol, which is why I basically gave her 4 majors to choose from: medical (e.g. Nurse Practitioner), engineering, pre-law, or finance.
i'm not sure why schools don't actually show you what jobs are available for what majors and how much you make etc

T.C

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003

Worthless is such a good book. I really wish someone would have written something like that when I was a kid.

Sounds like you are a parent who actually cares about their kid's future. I almost thought those didn't exist anymore. lol Honestly, I would replace pre-law and finance with Accounting and/or IT Security (They are literally begging for females to go into IT. Seen that shit first hand).

My book list would be:

Thick Face, Black Heart (Must read for Black Males, IMO; written by an asian female)
Lead the Field (Probably the best business book ever made)
The Four Hour Workweek
Unlimited Power (Tony Robbins!)

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2009
ANY OF YOU GANGSTA ASS MUTHAFUKKAS EVER PICK UP A BOOK? IF SO, NAME SOME GREAT BOOKS YOU HAVE READ.

FOR ME ID HAVE TO SAY..

MONSTER CODY SCOTT, SOME MICHEAL JACKSON AUTOBIOGRAPHY I READ BACK IN THE DAY, 48 LAWS OF POWER, AND THE ART OF SEDUCTION
Man I read that monster Scott Cody didn't overstand it thought it sucked. I read white Rasta pasta 1 and 2 recently they were perty good

My fav books are Goosebumps anything by R L Stine. Stephen King. Anything about ghosts horror. Ouija Board the most dangerous game was great.
I used to love reading and trying out stuff in black magick books until I got haunted and had to stop.

But my fav books of all The Master Key, and Richest Man and Babylon.

oh yeah and... ah aha ha aha ha ah ah ahhaaha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaa
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !

May 2, 2009
My oldest brother's been locked up for a few years now. But a couple years ago we started reading books together, averaging about 5-7 a year depending on the length. I usually buy 2 books on amazon: one for me and the other I have sent to him, and we parse out sections to read each week or every other week depending on how busy I am. So when he calls me we discuss that week's reading in depth. It's pretty cool - I enjoy it a lot, especially since neither of us were into books when we were young. The last three we read were fiction titles and pretty long but all were great books - though vastly different in style and content.

11-22-63 - Stephen King
Infinite Jest - David Foster Wallace
Aztec - Garry Jennings

The first is your typical Stephen King. About a guy whose friend finds a worm hole into the past and recruits him stop the JFK assassination and hopefully change the future for the better. Good read, easy read. I recommend it if you haven't tackled a long novel before.

Infinite Jest was no joke, had to read it with my phone on hand so that I could follow along with a page-by-page wiki that listed out the obscure references and words. Weird and confusing at first, but when you move along through it, all the story-lines start to connect and make sense and it becomes a crazy ass roller coaster. Took about 3 months for me to finish. I would try to explain the plot, but it's hard to explain; look it up on Amazon if you're interested. Long difficult read, not for everyone.

Aztec was about a poor Aztec peasant named Mixtli who goes from being a commoner to being a Noble and decorated warrior. The book is about his rise in Aztec society and how it all changes when the Spanish come in. It's a good story that incorporates a lot of historical details if you're into that.

Up next is a book called Underworld by Don Delillo, another long one.

Last edited:
May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
I believe public education should require cultural history and education far beyond white history and white immigrants allegedly having a friendly Thanksgiving with a group of Indians. The truth is this country isn't anything without everyone's story.

One book I think should be required for all high school students is Foreigners in Their Native Land by David Weber. If you aren't hip to the real history of Mexican Americans, this book will truly enlighten you.

Aug 15, 2003
Of the SENIC CITY

A World War II autobiography of a Dutch youth during the years 1940-1947. An extraordinary account that follows the author through the invasion of the Netherlands, home life under the Nazis, Buchenwald death camp and escape, the French Underground, D-Day with the American 101st Airborne Division, the liberation of France and service in the Dutch Marines in the Asian campaign. A book that would not have been written if some had not been teaching the Holocaust had not occurred.

Just Like The Movie, But A Lot More Detailed And Captivating.

First Book I've Ever Read Twice, Three Times, And Just By Myself.