Extra Legal Streams of Income

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
For the ones that do the ebay/craigslist hustle, what are your tips for success? I've been at it for a few months but haven't netted anything yet
What are you trying to sell?

For instance what I am selling right now on eBay are video games, systems, amps, clothes, books, and memorabilia. I am no eBay expert though. What I am selling on Craigslist right now is a new in the box water softener that retails for $400 I bought for $35, a brand new $250 high end barstool I bought for $15 and gallons of paint and water proof membrane left over from upgrading a property of mine. I will also be throwing on a stove microwave and fridge deal. I already sold the used carpet for $200 that I pulled up to lay 1700 + sq feet of tile. I've sold various electronics on Craigslist too (amps, stereos, cell phones, beats headphones, video games and systems) and rims lol. The only thing I never sold that I listed on Craigslist was grow lights, but that was about 7 years ago and people were prob sketched. The thing with Craigslist is ppl are posting ads all the time, you have to repost to stay on the first couple pages to stay seen sometimes, depending what you are selling. I try to keep the packaging for everything possible. If it's going to be a gift, people want that box. It works for me is all I can say, I'm sure others on here are more successful than me.

Last edited:
May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
Mainly just electronics but just get bs requests for trades or low ballers.
You will always get that. To reduce that type of traffic, I put my price as firm and non-negotiable. That way I'm not wasting my time with those types. If my product is not moving in the timeframe I anticipated then I repost with a lower price. Another term I always use, to protect the sale of an item is *SOLD AS IS WHERE IS*

That way they have no case to sue me or recourse. For eBay I also place an additional disclaimer that seller is not responsible for item once shipped. These are terms the buyer is agreeing to when they make a purchase as long as they are stated.

Aug 31, 2003
www.ebay.com
I buy at auctions. I have only gone to a couple storage auctions, not really my thing, but I do look for deals at any auction where I can flip for profit. I am almost always just looking for a double up minimum but as I start building an online store, I may delve more into volume, depending if its the right products. Often times my profits range from 300-1000% I do most of my auction purchases online through specific auction houses, which means I am paying ~20.6% on top of the settle price, so I have to make sure my margins are spot on. In the future I plan to expand solely into selling lots at auction houses, but that is some time in the future when I have the right things in place to make it happen.
My cousin used to be a store manager at a Napa auto parts. Bought 2 properties at auction that were in rough shape but in decent areas and started renting them out. Eventually quit Napa now all he does he buy/flip houses from auction.

I got a duplex last June that I've been airbnb'ing/vrbo renting both sides for a bit now with plans of grabbing something at auction by the end of this year. There's definitely good money in it if you get the right property.

May 22, 2006
More power to you breh. I don't work a 9-5 per se, I only work 14 days a month on average not including PTO, PA and floating holidays and my boss hasn't been there for 3 months. Plus, I moved 10 miles further about 2 months ago yet my commute is less lol. I really can't complain. At that yob I am on pace for $140k this year not to mention they already paid $7k in education and will be paying another $50k over two years that I don't have to pay for at all. Though, with that all said, I do look forward to working for myself full time.
I didn't mean to come off like that. What I mean to say is fuck being complacent and not hustlin! A 9-5, a 8-6 or an 8-8 can be a real hustle. As long as ur getting after it and getting ahead I'm all for it and I salute that.

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
I didn't mean to come off like that. What I mean to say is fuck being complacent and not hustlin! A 9-5, a 8-6 or an 8-8 can be a real hustle. As long as ur getting after it and getting ahead I'm all for it and I salute that.
You didn't come off any type of way, I salute you and I agree with everything you said in the other post. Working for a corporation as an employee with a fraction of a stake is not ideal, I am expendable there. The ideal situation is building my own, just like you have done/ are doing. Much respect.

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLr-nby5jcA[/video]

I HELLA RESPECT THIS DUDES HUSTLE....I WANT TO DO THE SAME SHIT.....I GOT 2 WHIPS, SO ONE CAN GO.....JUST "SCARED" TO JUMP OFF THAT LEDGE.
I didn't watch the vid yet but in AZ the max amt of cars you can sell w/o a dealers license is 5 per year. There is a way around that though (someone gamed me out). They don't register their vehicles normally. The only time they will actually register a vehicle is if they get a no registration pop by the whop. The system in AZ is not time based, only date based. This means if you get pulled over and get popped, as long as you register it that day you can get it dismissed. You also keep the title as is from when you bought it, that way you already have it notarized, and it does not count against you in the state's system when you sell it. Good way to keep it off the books.

Last edited:

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
I aint got time for side hustles.

I work way more than 9-5. Many times its 8-6 with an after work or weekend event mixed in. And have plenty of bosses to report to.

But I am at $250,000 cash compensation with another $55,000 put into my retirement accounts. I also get my country club membership paid for and a $450 car allowance.

Stop worrying about the side hustle and put more effort into your main hustle. In addition to the $55,000, I put $18,000 of my cash compensation into my 401-K. At that rate, I will have about $5MM around 62 with the mortgage paid off and no debt.
what kind of work do you do,? if you don't mind me asking

Apr 25, 2002
I work in Commercial Banking - I worked my ass off to get here. Then worked even harder and have climbed the ladder.

When I say I worked hard to get here - I mean it. I fucked off a lot growing up. Graduating high school with like a 2.8 gpa. Went to junior college and fucked off even more. Ran with a crazy group around the streets of Stockton - and life could've gone a bunch of different ways.

However around 22 or 23 - I got serious and finished college from a State School. Got some BS job in Sac making $32K a year.

Knew I wanted more for myself - so after about 2 years - took on a SHIT TON of student loans and got my MBA from an unranked but reputable private school. No funny online school BS. But it wasn't Harvard.

Taking on an accelerated graduate school schedule - I atarted interning at a Bank and worked part time with a full time school load.

Graduated and was offered to come on to the Bank as a trainee - my full time offer was $48K a year - that was January 2010. Since then, I didn't worry about side hustles or not liking a boss or two get in my way. I focused on my main hustle, remained humble, worked my fucking ass off - and here I am.

Ain't no easy way to climb the ladder in this corporate game. Takes a lot of hard work and sacrifices (and in my case - $65K of student loans from grad school which have now been paid back).

Good luck with the side hustles.

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
In my field, if I create a circuit or design a product on company time, my employer owns it and they give me an atta boy. If I design and create something on my own time with my own resources, I own it and have full rights to do as I choose with it. I would rather sell it to someone who can bring it to market and still get wealthy from it than let a multibillion dollar corporation reap the proceeds and give me peanuts from what's proprietary and rightfully mine. Side Hustle Siccness.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2008
I buy at auctions. I have only gone to a couple storage auctions, not really my thing, but I do look for deals at any auction where I can flip for profit. I am almost always just looking for a double up minimum but as I start building an online store, I may delve more into volume, depending if its the right products. Often times my profits range from 300-1000% I do most of my auction purchases online through specific auction houses, which means I am paying ~20.6% on top of the settle price, so I have to make sure my margins are spot on. In the future I plan to expand solely into selling lots at auction houses, but that is some time in the future when I have the right things in place to make it happen.

I also participate in what I call real estate derivatives, which I will not elaborate on at the moment. Profits in that for me range anywhere from 5% to astronomical. For instance I am on the verge of flipping 2k into 100k on one deal. The downside on this investment strategy is it can take up to 3.5 years to see minimal to maximum profit, but I only invest money I can live without for that period of time. This is what a portion of my small business is based on foundation wise.

Of course I also day trade and purchase/ sell commodities from time to time.
"I do most of my auction purchases online through specific auction houses, which means I am paying ~20.6%" Hey Stillhustlen Im pretty successful with ebay criaglist and letgo but could u lace me to where are these auctions houses that u are getting stuff nice enough to pay them a extra 20%?? I get most of my stuff to sell on ebay CL letgo from aliexpress alibaba yardsales and even sometime I buy on amazon/ali and just resell on CL ebay ( streets) for double what I paid. However I can also use another hook up!!! oh yeah I also still sell the boot china NBA jerseys where u can still double your profit if u by in bulk.

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
could u lace me to where are these auctions houses that u are getting stuff nice enough to pay them a extra 20%??.
95% of my purchasing at auctions occurs with two companies here locally (AZ). They both have live, in person, auctions and online. The 20.6% tax I pay is online only (12% u online fee and 8.6% state tax). . I avoid the online fee when I physically go to the auctions, but some are online only. I suggest you search out the reputable ones in your area. One online company I also bid through from time to time is GWS (not local), but it has been a minute since I used them. When I do auctions I already have figured what my Max price is because at the end of the day I have to remember I am doing this for profit. If I don't win I don't care because I refuse to risk my margins.

T.C

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
I didn't watch the vid yet but in AZ the max amt of cars you can sell w/o a dealers license is 5 per year. There is a way around that though (someone gamed me out). They don't register their vehicles normally. The only time they will actually register a vehicle is if they get a no registration pop by the whop. The system in AZ is not time based, only date based. This means if you get pulled over and get popped, as long as you register it that day you can get it dismissed. You also keep the title as is from when you bought it, that way you already have it notarized, and it does not count against you in the state's system when you sell it. Good way to keep it off the books.
Thanks bruh. Just moved out to AZ last week. I was already planning on obtaining a dealer's license to start flipping cars out here...but I may hold off on the license now.