COPWATCH

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
According to statements from Department spokesman Capt. Rod Light, Yakima Police Officer Casey Gilette observed a “suspicious” vehicle parked outside a local car wash while on a 3 a.m. routine patrol.

After reportedly surveying the situation for one hour, Gilette decided to approach the vehicle, occupied by 23-year-old Rocendo Arias.

“Approached on foot on the driver’s side, moved around the vehicle to the passenger side of the vehicle,” Light explained to the KNDU News.

Instead of knocking on Rocendo’s window to further investigate the situation, Light admits the officer swung the passenger side door open without informing the driver. After noticing the disassembled gun, Gilette fired four shots, striking Rocendo once in the head.

“It appeared that he had some accessories to the handgun that he was trying to install on it or put pieces of this gun together,” Capt. Light said.

The airsoft gun, which shoots plastic pellets, reportedly had a bright orange plastic tip as well, used to clearly define the item as a toy.

“I believe this particular handgun had an orange tip. But based on our investigation I don’t want to go into particulars and details of the position of the gun and where the officer was,” Light said.

Despite the toy being partially disassembled, Light appeared to defend the officer’s actions, claiming that Rocendo had his hand on the section containing the trigger.

“The deceased had the weapon not only in his hand, but he also had his finger on the trigger,” Light said.

According to Light, Gilette declined to be interviewed for 48 hours after the shooting, a right given to officers by the local police union contract.

Shortly after an investigation was opened by Gilette’s own department, Police Chief Dominic Rizzi Jr. spoke out in support of the officer’s actions as well.

“Based on the preliminary investigation, I absolutely stand behind the officer and his actions in the shooting that occurred,” Rizzi said.

Gilette was placed on administrative leave for the duration of the investigation.

Despite children peacefully playing with toy firearms for generations, a recent string of officer-involved shootings involving toy guns has sparked debate.

Following last year’s fatal shooting of a 13-year-old California boy carrying a replica rifle, gun control groups have attempted to pass tightening regulations on similar toys, in what some see as an attempt to shift blame.

Read more: Man With Dissasembled Airsoft Gun Shot In The Head By Police

Man killed by Yakima police was holding an airsoft gun | Local & Regional | KIMA CBS 29 - News, Weather and Sports - Yakima, WA

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
Police officers arrested in car impound scheme

Associated PressTue Feb 25, 2014 8:59 PM

Police officers in a Central California town took part in a scheme in which more than 200 cars belonging to poor Hispanic people were impounded, towed and later sold when the car owners couldn’t pay the fees, authorities said Tuesday.

Four officers — including the recently retired police chief and the acting chief — have been arrested, and two other officers were also arrested Tuesday on unrelated charges, Monterey County District Attorney Dean Flippo said.

The six officers account for more than a third of the 17-member force in King City, an agricultural town of 13,000 people about 150 miles (240 kilometers) southeast of San Francisco.

Authorities said that, in some cases, officers simply kept the cars for their own use.

———

Associated Press writers Paul Elias and Sudhin Thanawala contributed to this story

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA

Jail Officer Beats Tiny Inmate to Death

Dec 13 • A Paradigm Shift, Government Watch, Videos • 106 Views • 10 Comments
Share1.1K 0 Tweet22 Share1 2 Share1.2K

NORTH CAROLINA Wake County detention officer Markeith Council is being charged with voluntary manslaughter after killing an inmate. The departed, Shon Demetrius McClain had been in custody just over two weeks due to the misdemeanor charges: possession of drug paraphernalia and drinking alcohol in public. McClain was 40-years-old and a mere 119 lbs.

The footage deptics the 290 lb officer repeatedly slamming McClain onto the floor like a rag doll. McClain passed away 13 days after the altercation from blunt force trauma to the head and neck.

McClain reportedly confronted Council accusing him of nearly crushing his hand in the cell door. Council testified that McClain struck him in the jaw, although the footage clearly depicts Council acting first when he shoves the inmate off his feet prior to any other physical contact.

During his cross-examination Wednesday, Wake County District Attorney Colon Willoughby focused on the physical differences between the men. Willoughby asked Council whether he considered subduing McClain by sitting on him, rather than slamming him to the ground.

“Why did you throw him down the second time?” the prosecutor asked. “You know that at that point, throwing him down was going to hurt him.”

Council replied: “I didn’t think to hurt him. I was thinking about getting him off of me.”
Lol

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
Florida police used a cell phone tracking device at least 200 times without a warrant because they conspired with the device manufacturer to keep its use a secret, according to the ACLU.

The stingray cell tracking device works by mimicking a real cell phone tower.

Through a recent motion for public access (https://www.aclu.org/blog/national-...ce-hide-use-cell-phone-tracker-courts-because), the ACLU determined that at least one Florida police department never told judges about its use of the cell phone tracking device, known as a “stingray,” because the department signed a non-disclosure agreement with the stingray’s manufacturer to keep its use from being publicly known.

The manufacturer, which the ACLU said was likely a Florida-based company, also retained ownership of its stingrays and only let the department borrow them, further aiding in its secrecy.

The stingray, also called a “cell tower simulator,” determines the location of a targeted cell phone by impersonating a cell tower, which tricks the targeted phone – and non-targeted cell phones in the same range – into transmitting its precise location and phone records to the stingray.

“When in use, stingrays sweep up information about innocent people and criminal suspects alike,” Nathan Freed Wessler, an ACLU attorney, reported.

The ACLU learned about the department’s use of the stingray through an ongoing court case entitled Florida v. Thomas, in which police used the device to track a stolen cell phone to the suspect’s apartment.

After forcing their way inside the apartment, the police conducted a search of the residence, found the stolen phone and arrested the suspect.

Yet the police never obtained a warrant for the search or for its use of the stingray.

“This was apparently because they had signed a non-disclosure agreement with the company that gave them the device,” Wessler wrote. “The police seem to have interpreted the agreement to bar them even from revealing their use of stingrays to judges, who we usually rely on to provide oversight of police investigations.”

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
Teenager receives $700,000 to settle suit over shooting by cop
published by Tom Sullivan on Sat, 2014-04-12 20:14

South suburban Country Club Hills will pay $700,000 to settle a federal lawsuit claiming a police officer wrongfully shot a teenager who then spent 14 months in jail before he was found not guilty of attempted murder.

Abeid Armour was 17 when a Country Club Hills police officer shot into a car Armour was driving on July 24, 2010, the lawsuit said. Armour was struck with two bullets.

The officer, John Silas, stopped to investigate a group of young men — including Armour — who were gathered in a parking lot near Pulaski and 183rd. Silas shot Armour when he tried to drive away in a Monte Carlo, said Armour’s attorney Brendan Shiller.

Silas falsely claimed Armour tried to run over him, Shiller said.

On Sept. 15, 2011, Armour was found not guilty of attempted murder of a police officer.

Source and full story: South Town Star (Chicago Sun-Times), 9 April 2014

Nov 18, 2010
CO was literally 2.5x the size of the inmate. No threat whatsoever. Ol roid rage mufucka lost his cool. Now throw him to the wolves and see what happens.

Watch him get off or get a light ass sentence though
Wake corrections officer to return to jail as inmate - WNCN: News, Weather

A jury found Markeith Council, 27, guilty of involuntary manslaughter Thursday in the June 4 death of Shon Demetrius McClain. He is sentenced to 90 days in the Wake County Jail followed by 12 to 24 montha suspended, supervised probation.

Council will serve his sentence at the jail where he engaged in a fight with McClain, who died from blunt force trauma to the head and neck resulting in spinal and brain damage. McClain died 13 days after the incident.

Yeah 90 days at a jail he worked at, you know he will be in PC and receive great treatment from his ex coworkers.

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
Police officers arrested in car impound scheme

Associated PressTue Feb 25, 2014 8:59 PM

Police officers in a Central California town took part in a scheme in which more than 200 cars belonging to poor Hispanic people were impounded, towed and later sold when the car owners couldn’t pay the fees, authorities said Tuesday.

Four officers — including the recently retired police chief and the acting chief — have been arrested, and two other officers were also arrested Tuesday on unrelated charges, Monterey County District Attorney Dean Flippo said.

The six officers account for more than a third of the 17-member force in King City, an agricultural town of 13,000 people about 150 miles (240 kilometers) southeast of San Francisco.

Authorities said that, in some cases, officers simply kept the cars for their own use.

———

Associated Press writers Paul Elias and Sudhin Thanawala contributed to this story
something very similar to this happened to me in fresno around 1999 or so. literally backed out of my apt parking spot about two feet before cops were at my passenger side door. one cop was about to just move my car fwd into the spot and leave it there, second cop insisted that my car get towed (first cop was in disbelief but complied w second cop and called a tow). cost me 180 bucks that I had to borrow to get my car back, bet that second cop was getting kick backs from the tow yard pieces of shit

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
Why don't you tell us, sounds like you know him.
I was joking. I was referring to Dennis Rodmans' media outburst when he was visiting North Korea and was asked about the captive Kenneth Bae.

These are both heartbreaking serious topics that shouldn't be taken lightly. I apoligize for my insensitivity and may Shon McClain find the peace he was never able to find in this earths, and pray that Great Leader allows Kenneth Bae to returned home unharms. Thank you for reading, and God Bless.