CHARGEBACKS

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

DuceTheTruth

No Flexxin No Fakin
Apr 1, 2003
IM TRYIN TO SEE IF ANYONE OF YOU SICCNESS LAWYERS FEEL I HAVE A VALID CLAIM FOR DOING A CHARGEBACK.

I TOOK MY CAR IN TO THE SHOP FOR A RADIATOR REPLACEMENT. CAR WAS IN THE SHOP FOR ABOUT 6 HOURS. WHEN I WENT TO GO PICK THE CAR UP I WAS TOLD IT WAS GOOD TO GO. LONG STORY SHORT....CAR DAMN NEAR OVERHEATED ON THE TRIP BACK HOME....I LOOKED UNDER THE HOOD AND NOTICED THE FANS WERENT ON WHEN THEY SHOULD'VE BEEN......CALL THE SHOP BACK AND TELL THEM WHAT HAPPENED AND ONE OF THE GUYS SAYS "OH, I THINK I FORGOT TO PLUG IN THE FANS"....NONCHALANT AS FUCK......"CAN YOU JUST BRING IT BACK?"....WTF???!!!.....NO BITCH, MY SHIT IS DAMN NEAR OVERHEATED RIGHT NOW AND YOU WANT ME TO DRIVE IT BACK??!!......HE DRIVES TO MY LOCATION AND DISCOVERS HE CANT CONNECT THE PLUG BECAUSE HE DOESNT HAVE THE PROPER TOOLS TO TAKE THE FRONT FRAME PIECE OFF(2000 DODGE INTREPID).....THEN HE WANTS ME TO DRIVE THE CAR BACK TO THE SHOP....MIND YOU ITS STILL HOT OUTSIDE...AND I GOT MY 3 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER IN THE CAR SLEEP....I REFUSED.....SO NOW I HAVE TO TAKE THE CAR THERE IN THE MORNING...MISS TIME OFF OF WORK SO THEY CAN FIX THEIR MISTAKE.....

IS THIS A VALID CHARGEBACK CLAIM?....I WANT A REFUND....AM I ENTITLED SOMETHING OR NOTHING?

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
No you're not entitled to a refund. The work is (or will be in the morning) completed. You would never be able to justify having both the completed work and the money.

Think of it like buying something at a store. If you don't like the item you can get a refund, but you have to take the item back. You don't get to keep both the item and still get your money back. Vehicle work is an item in this case, you don't get both.

Could the place be cool and give you a discount or something? Sure....do they have to? No.

DuceTheTruth

No Flexxin No Fakin
Apr 1, 2003
Is it worth your time to get worked up about it? Make em pay for the tow there to fix it .... shit happens fucking with cars is it worth your energy?

something i didnt think about(the tow)....

as far as " shit happens fucking with cars is it worth your energy?".....in this case yea cause how the hell you gonna be nonchalant about forgetting to hook up the fans on a damn radiator job.....that shit goes hand in hand imo.....my uncle told me to take it on a test drive....i shoulda did that.

Jul 12, 2002
Just ask respectfully for a discount. Tell them how their error inconvenienced you and that you deserve a discount for it. If you’re a regular customer there, mention that. Just don’t get too pissed or be an asshole and they will probably work with you.

DuceTheTruth

No Flexxin No Fakin
Apr 1, 2003
No you're not entitled to a refund. The work is (or will be in the morning) completed. You would never be able to justify having both the completed work and the money.

Think of it like buying something at a store. If you don't like the item you can get a refund, but you have to take the item back. You don't get to keep both the item and still get your money back. Vehicle work is an item in this case, you don't get both.

Could the place be cool and give you a discount or something? Sure....do they have to? No.
ok.....so not even on the grounds of damn near blowing up the engine(headgasket, warping the heads, pistons) because they FORGOT to hook up the cooling fans on a simple radiator service? Wouldnt that be negligence on their part?

DuceTheTruth

No Flexxin No Fakin
Apr 1, 2003
Just ask respectfully for a discount. Tell them how their error inconvenienced you and that you deserve a discount for it. If you’re a regular customer there, mention that. Just don’t get too pissed or be an asshole and they will probably work with you.

im going to read this in the morning before i walk in.

i am going to be RESPECTFUL. i digg that.

Jul 12, 2002
Niggaaaa......

Bans in el cajon/santee.....im never going there again after this.....since I'll be off tomorrow I'll take some time to copy and paste this rant to yelp.
Pretend like you’ll go there again when you’re asking for the discount. Also wait until after everything is over with tomorrow before you leave a yelp review.

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
Niggaaaa......

Bans in el cajon/santee.....im never going there again after this.....since I'll be off tomorrow I'll take some time to copy and paste this rant to yelp.
Go to Henry's off of el cajon blvd, 3035 el cajon blvd. My family has been going there for 30 years. ZERO problems, fair prices, and they only fix what is needed.

Before you do a chargeback or consider a lawsuit, read the fine print of the receipt you received. Mechanics make mistakes, it happens. I had one put my battery in wrong, which in turn damaged the battery. But like D @DJ Coma said, give them a chance to fix the issue and or give you a credit of some sort. If not, charge it to the game my brotha and never go there again.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
ok.....so not even on the grounds of damn near blowing up the engine(headgasket, warping the heads, pistons) because they FORGOT to hook up the cooling fans on a simple radiator service? Wouldnt that be negligence on their part?
You would have grounds if they actually did cause it to blow up the engine. You can't get paid for "damn near".

You might be able to go to small claims court for the day you missed from work, but if you lose you might end up paying court costs and shit like that.