Carrier Settings Update (iPhone 6s - Sprint contract)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Hood Rat Matt

aka Goodfella (since '02)
Oct 19, 2009
East Oakland (Hills)
I think I'm just being paranoid, but I haven't been updating the carrier settings because I recently went to upgrade to an iPhone 7 and they said I have an expired plan and I'd lose it if I upgraded and end up paying an extra $30 a month for the new plan. I'm worried if I click "update" it might change the plan without my knowledge. I am probably trippin because I would think I need to sign a new contract or something, but I'm wondering if someone might be able to enlighten me. Thanks

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
I will be happy on Feb 6th when I am no longer bound to Verizon (17 years: went from Alltel to being gobbled up by Verizon and the costs have never stopped going up). These communication companies shady as hell in general. Google fi is the way to go, unless you are a data hog (I mostly WiFi), then roll with one of the others like Walmart (which uses Verizon towers) or Metro PCS (uses TMobile towers I think)...

My sprint phone is a work phone so its cost free but I only use it to stream music in the ride and don't answer calls on it (lol)...

the user agreements are always shady lawyer speak and would not surprise me if they are attempting to opt you out of something

Last edited:

Hood Rat Matt

Oct 19, 2009
East Oakland (Hills)
I have had some shitty experiences with Sprint, but overall they've been the best value for me. Stupid that I can't get an iPhone 7 and keep my contract. My screen was cracked and I was eligible for an upgrade, but the guy at the store said I could only get the 7 and keep my contract if I did the deal over the phone. When I got home, the gentleman in India I spoke to on the phone told me otherwise. So short story long I had to use my insurance and get a refurbished 6s

Hood Rat Matt

Oct 19, 2009
East Oakland (Hills)
Appears these updates are routine and have more to do with network functionality- no mention of phone plan changes impact or relation.
are you referring to the popup on your phone asking if you want to update your carrier settings? if so, this will not alter your account with sprint. it just updates the correct settings for your phone to access your carriers network.
even before I made this thread I researched it and saw that you both are correct. I was just being extra paranoid...I was also worried it might slow down my data or something...I use so much data since it's unlimited, so I figure at some point they're going to start punishing me for it. Thanks to all who replied. :siccness::siccness:

Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
I will be happy on Feb 6th when I am no longer bound to Verizon (17 years: went from Alltel to being gobbled up by Verizon and the costs have never stopped going up). These communication companies shady as hell in general. Google fi is the way to go, unless you are a data hog (I mostly WiFi), then roll with one of the others like Walmart (which uses Verizon towers) or Metro PCS (uses TMobile towers I think)...

My sprint phone is a work phone so its cost free but I only use it to stream music in the ride and don't answer calls on it (lol)...

the user agreements are always shady lawyer speak and would not surprise me if they are attempting to opt you out of something

Verizon now has an unlimited everything plan but speeds slow down after 22gb