CAR AUDIO THRIZZEAD

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

DuceTheTruth

No Flexxin No Fakin
Apr 1, 2003
Got That 1200 installed but thinking I have a dead cell in my battery going to pick one up today. Anybody can back me up that could what is causing the trip light to flicker? Did a check on the alternator, ground, connections, & RCA's already - this is it before I take it to a professional.

What does it do when the light flashes?....do you have the big 3 upgrade?

how high is the volume/bass when the light flashes?....also where are your gains set?.....does it happen if you turn the gains down?

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2003
Of the SENIC CITY
What does it do when the light flashes?....do you have the big 3 upgrade?

how high is the volume/bass when the light flashes?....also where are your gains set?.....does it happen if you turn the gains down?
I Turn Up The Gain To Far Like Past 250 watts and it starts to flicker, I don't have the big 3 upgrade bc my alternator is below and hard to get to. Yeah I turn down the gains and everything stays green and not elmo.

DuceTheTruth

No Flexxin No Fakin
Apr 1, 2003
I Turn Up The Gain To Far Like Past 250 watts and it starts to flicker, I don't have the big 3 upgrade bc my alternator is below and hard to get to. Yeah I turn down the gains and everything stays green and not elmo.
What gauge is your power wire? Seems like your amp might not be getting enough power. If you don't have it I'd suggest running 0 gauge power and ground wires. And eventually doing the big 3.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2017
Cali
A termlab with a clamp function can clamp your amp inside the car.

I think SSA was working on some software for their meter to clamp in real time.

Music is dymamic tho, so if you clamp in real time, the # will jump all around.

The blue guages Meade uses are real time voltage readouts

DuceTheTruth

No Flexxin No Fakin
Apr 1, 2003
A termlab with a clamp function can clamp your amp inside the car.

I think SSA was working on some software for their meter to clamp in real time.

Music is dymamic tho, so if you clamp in real time, the # will jump all around.

The blue guages Meade uses are real time voltage readouts

Thats cool to see that its possible. I do wish tho that there was something you could hook up and have in the dash area showing watts being pushed....fluctuations....peak......almost like an rpm gauge......but digital.

Jan 13, 2017
Cali
Its possible, and wouldnt be all that hard for a company to make.

Music causes peaked spiked readings tho. So it wouldnt be an accurate true rms reading.

There is a music class i know of in the Meca competition org in which you get a :30 music run, clamped by Termlab. So its definately viable

Jan 13, 2017
Cali
My personal opinion about Skar is that the owner is a piece of shit, and the product is going downhill. I was sponsored by them in 2011 and 2012 and since then, theyve cut every corner they can.

Tnat said, thats an *ok* amp. Its pretty strong for the price, but reliability will be very hit and miss. Which is typical of those Chinese boards. That amp slots in with Hifonics, Audiopipe, Massive etc when it comes to quality.

I personally wouldnt run one. But if you arent going to abuse it, or wire below 1ohm, it will do ok for the price

DuceTheTruth

No Flexxin No Fakin
Apr 1, 2003
My personal opinion about Skar is that the owner is a piece of shit, and the product is going downhill. I was sponsored by them in 2011 and 2012 and since then, theyve cut every corner they can.

Tnat said, thats an *ok* amp. Its pretty strong for the price, but reliability will be very hit and miss. Which is typical of those Chinese boards. That amp slots in with Hifonics, Audiopipe, Massive etc when it comes to quality.

I personally wouldnt run one. But if you arent going to abuse it, or wire below 1ohm, it will do ok for the price
I was wondering about reliability at that price point for 2k. The Dyno numbers look great but it's like how long could you run it before it starts to run hot. Probably not too long I'm guessing. Seeing this shit pisses me off because I've paid more for way less watts so it does look tempting.

You still running that same setup from that video you posted a few months back?

Jan 13, 2017
Cali
Theres always a tradeoff. That amp legitimately makes 2k. But id rather have a 12-1500w korean that will be way more reliable and run ice cold at 1ohm.

If you have good electrical, and wire at or above 1ohm, it will be fine. If not, youll be lucky to get a year or 2 out of it.

Ive switched many times since then. Right now its 2 Incriminator Warden 15s on rd3250.1