Bitcoins

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
^where were you when this happened?

SINGAPORE (AP) — The American CEO of a virtual currency exchange was found dead near her home in Singapore.

A police spokesman said Thursday that initial investigations indicated there was no suspicion of "foul play" in the Feb. 26 death of 28-year-old Autumn Radtke, meaning officers do not suspect murder.

The spokesman said police found Radtke lying motionless near the apartment tower where she lived.

Police have so far classified the death as "unnatural," which can mean an accident, misadventure, or suicide.

Radtke's company, First Meta, said it was "shocked and saddened by the tragic loss."

First Meta allows users of virtual currencies such as bitcoin to trade and cash out the currencies. It is one of several such exchanges.

The future of bitcoin has been under scrutiny since the collapse of the Mt. Gox exchange in Tokyo last month.

Radtke had worked at other tech companies. A funeral for her was held Wednesday in Hales Corners, Wisconsin, according to Hartson Funeral Home.

Postings on her Facebook page showed her to be a believer in the potential of virtual currencies.

Last month, she linked to an article on entrepreneurs suffering depression, commenting above the link: everything has its price.
CEO of bitcoin exchange found dead in Singapore - SFGate

Arson

Long live the KING!!!!
May 7, 2002
But the feds are all over it, people should take there millions and disapear, crazy as fuck you can mail, or carry money on your phone memory card wherever you go.

Jazzo

Master of Debauchery
Aug 18, 2003
Off the Grid
Bitcoin has been moving in the right direction this year even though folks are still scared of it's unpredictable high volatility. First we started seeing Expedia, Overstock, Dish Network, Dell jump on board and now its Ebay/Paypal. I won't be surprised if Amazon starts accepting Bitcoin by the end of 2014.

Lately, here in the NW I have been seeing more micropreneurs embracing Bitcoin. Shit, we even have a strip club in downtown Portland that now accepts it. I am all for decentralized currency since it gives fiat some competition. It won't be long though before the governments starts controlling Bitcoin and getting their piece of the action.

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
Bitcoin recovers after Sunday flash-crash
The digital currency bitcoin saw its price fall by 15% in a selloff that played out Sunday night and ended in the early hours of the Asian trading day Monday.

Sunday’s sharp price drop marked one of the most significant declines in the digital currency since it shed $60 in one day back in mid-August.

In this instance, the currency lost $50, falling from about $340 to $290, before rising back to about $340, according to prices on the CoinDesk Bitcoin Price Index.

Why the sudden plunge? Market observers attribute the sudden volatility to a large sell order for 26,000 bitcoin that was placed on the Bitstamp exchange, according to a story on CoinDesk.

The average daily sales volume on any of the major bitcoin exchanges is about 8,000 to 10,000 bitcoin, said Michael Moro, a director at SecondMarket, which has a division that provides bitcoin-related services to institutional investors.

Moro said another catalyst of the flash crash was the number of exchanges that allow investors to take leveraged positions in bitcoin. Once the price started dropping, investors needed to sell to cover their positions, driving the price down even further.

Moro added that his firm remains long on the digital currency’s overall health.

read more

Mac Jesus

Girls send me your nudes
May 31, 2003
Nearly at 6,000. Damn.

RIP Ne Obliviscaris @Ne Obliviscaris
8192.50 as of two minutes ago.

I have over doubled my initial investment since I decided fuck it and got into cryptocurrencies.

I have been in and out of bitcoin, but mostly investing in altcoins while also holding Ethereum, and Litecoin.

You guys should be jumping on this. 2018 is going to be a huge year for this.

Mac Jesus

Girls send me your nudes
May 31, 2003
Bitcoin closing in on 9000 now.

The cme futures is an interesting thing (I didn't read your article yet) when the news came out it bumped the price of Bitcoin quite a bit. But, I know some investors who have a lot of money see it as a way they can make a lot of money by shorting Bitcoin.

I don't see Bitcoin falling though, barring some huge event like world governments banning bitcoin. We are now seeing major corporations starting to endorse blockchain technology. In a couple years time crypto will be insane. I just wish I got in sooner so I could have sold it all at 30 dollars a coin and kicked myself in the ass for not holding longer.

Apr 25, 2002
Bitcoin and the blockchain terchnology are two separate things.

The Fed and the US Govt are never going to back bitcoin (or any other crypto currency). Any threat against the dollar with be dealt with accordingly. Bitcoin’s bubble will burst.

Now the blockchain technology is a whole different thing.....

Mac Jesus

Girls send me your nudes
May 31, 2003
Bitcoin and the blockchain terchnology are two separate things.

The Fed and the US Govt are never going to back bitcoin (or any other crypto currency). Any threat against the dollar with be dealt with accordingly. Bitcoin’s bubble will burst.

Now the blockchain technology is a whole different thing.....
No doubt about bitcoin and blockchain lol.

10k coming soon