All Things 2nd Amendment

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
Shoppers Stock Up On Rifles, Shotguns Before California Long Gun Registry Begins

SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — A new gun law coming in 2014 has gun owners stocking up on long guns before a new registry begins.

Even though the law is at least temporarily boosting his bottom line, Just Guns owner John Deaser isn’t a fan. He says requiring people to register their rifles and shotguns is an unnecessary invasion of privacy.

In the last week of 2013, he says sales of long guns are up 30 to 50 percent.
The registry goes into effect on Jan. 1, and would require long gun owners to register their weapons like handgun owners already do. It would track the make, model and serial number of the gun, as well as the person who owns it.

Previously dealers would destroy personal information on long gun owners after a background check had been completed. Now they’ll register those purchases with the state.

Supporters of the new law say it will improve public safety and help keep guns out of the wrong hands.

Deaser says many of his customers are stocking up on long guns now rather than waiting until 2014 when they would have to register.

“These are law-abiding citizens,” he said. “They’re not trying to beat the system or anything like that. They just don’t want to be tracked.”

Avid hunter Jason Gudgel bought a shotgun for his son on Thursday, but he says it has nothing to do with the new law. He says the timing is because of the holidays.

“I teach my son hunter safety,” he said. “We do it as a sport. We hunt pheasant and deer, and that’s what they’re supposed to be meant for.”

Shoppers Stock Up On Rifles, Shotguns Before Long Gun Registry Begins « CBS Sacramento

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
Which law is this article speaking on?
AB 809 Assembly Bill - CHAPTERED

2011's AB 809 introduced long gun registration via DROS and self-reporting for new residents and Curio and Relic license holders. The bill has an effective date of January 1, 2014.
-----

Did I say fuq Jerry Brown?

Last edited:
May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
Why is damn near every politician against guns? Is it because they have their own security and never had to defend themselves or faced that risk? bunch of faggots

and dont tell me about some conspiracy to ban all guns
None of them are against guns, its like you said, they ALL have armed security as well as being 100% for law enforcement having guns. They are against all of us every day people having guns, they fear that we are going to get tired of all their bullshit and do what we used to do when they went against the people, kill THEM.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2006
None of them are against guns, its like you said, they ALL have armed security as well as being 100% for law enforcement having guns. They are against all of us every day people having guns, they fear that we are going to get tired of all their bullshit and do what we used to do when they went against the people, kill THEM.
There are some instances where they need to step back and see that guns are helpful when in the hands of properly trained civilians. I'm against guns in the hands of idiots... and that's vague because idiots come in all shapes, sizes and forms of power.

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
There are some instances where they need to step back and see that guns are helpful when in the hands of properly trained civilians. I'm against guns in the hands of idiots... and that's vague because idiots come in all shapes, sizes and forms of power.
How does having to register a rifle prevent guns from being in the hands of properly trained civilians? I don't get what the big deal is to register a rifle? Big whoop.

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
How does having to register a rifle prevent guns from being in the hands of properly trained civilians? I don't get what the big deal is to register a rifle? Big whoop.
Registration leads to confiscation. Wait for it...

Criminals do not register guns, law abiding citizens do, therefore, this law is intended to regulate and restrict law abiding citizens 2nd Amendment rights and does nothing to quell crime.

To be 100% honest, I think its bullshit that certain felons are banned from their right to self defense given by the 2nd Amendment. I have homeboys that legally cannot possess a firearm, under the eyes of the US govt will never legally be allowed to possess a firearm, some for being young and dumb, some for self defense while being non-white. I believe the right to protection of life and property is a right of all beyond the 2nd Amend., but that is a separate discussion.

Last edited:

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
Registration leads to confiscation. Wait for it...

Criminals do not register guns, law abiding citizens do, therefore, this law is intended to regulate and restrict law abiding citizens 2nd Amendment rights and does nothing to quell crime.

To be 100% honest, I think its bullshit that certain felons are banned from their right to self defense given by the 2nd Amendment. I have homeboys that legally cannot possess a firearm, under the eyes of the US govt will never legally be allowed to possess a firearm, some for being young and dumb, some for self defense while being non-white. I believe the right to protection of life and property is a right of all beyond the 2nd Amend., but that is a separate discussion.
I'll come back and prop you when they go door to door and confiscate all the registered rifles. See you soon.

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
Lol, you serious? Most of those every day people would kill their neighbor over a parking dispute, before they would join forces to kill politicians/the government...