All Things 2nd Amendment

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 29, 2016
Kansas City, MO
Technically anything could be an “Assault Weapon”. If I stomped somebody’s head with my steeltoe boots then the police could charge me with assault with a deadly weapon...A kitchen knife or a hammer could be an assault weapon. Should they ban kitchen knives and hammers?
"Most" people with sound minds use steeltoe boots, hammers, and kitchen knives for the purpose with which they were intended. Every now and then, you'll have a crazy muthafucka who'll use said objects to assault or kill someone.

To answer your question, "no", they shouldn't ban kitchen knives and hammers.

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
If I say "yes", then I'm labeled a "square" or a "sucka". Not that any of that matters. Or because I just so happen to listen to (gangsta) rap, among other genres, someone is bound to hop on their computer and into this thread and pull the "well aren't you a fuck the police guy" card outta their ass. It's happened before. The police have killed people with less (i.e. Eric Garner, Philando Castile, Tamir Rice, Mike Brown, etc.)
The first amendment allows you to have any opinion you like. I didn't ask the question to call you names. I asked because if you say the police have a right to arm themselves with such weapons because the so-called bad guys have them, which is the reason the police will give you as to why they have them, then I too should lawfully be allowed to possess them to defend myself against said bad guys. If there is no reason for me to possess one, then the police equally have no reason to possess one either. Yes, you are right, the police kill people every day with much less and continue to get away with it, so why do we continue to allow them access to weaponry they are not using responsibly?

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
There is a war going on in this country whether you see it or not. You can't be on both sides. You may not want to fight it but you do have to choose. When you make your choice, you are choosing for your children, their children and so on too, remember that.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2018
"Most" people with sound minds use steeltoe boots, hammers, and kitchen knives for the purpose with which they were intended. Every now and then, you'll have a crazy muthafucka who'll use said objects to assault or kill someone.

To answer your question, "no", they shouldn't ban kitchen knives and hammers.
they should kill you because you're a gay

Jan 29, 2016
Kansas City, MO
Can’t believe this dude is from KC and he don’t even know exactly what HK is,LOL he thought HK was one type of rifle or some shit. It just proves that people who think guns should be banned don’t really know anything about guns.
I don't see what my being from Kansas City has to do with this discussion. Is KC "Gun Central" or some shit? I was made aware that Heckler & Koch was a gun manufacturer, as opposed to one type of rifle like I had originally thought. My mistake. I NEVER said guns should be banned! I just don't see point in civilians having access to assault weapons. That's all I was trying to say. Guns kill just like StillHustlin said. Why else would you need a gun, specifically an assault weapon of that capacity? I'm not against people protecting themselves or their property, but why does one need an assault weapon to do so?

Have fun killin' each other for whatever reason.

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
.....I just don't see point in civilians having access to assault weapons...Why else would you need a gun, specifically an assault weapon of that capacity? I'm not against people protecting themselves or their property...
Like Mobbin stated before, any time you assault another person with an object, that object becomes an assault weapon.

In DC vs. Heller, the Supreme Court specifically tied the right to self defense as a NATURAL right and protected by the Second Amendment.

In US vs Miller, they ruled in favor of the right to weapon protection of those "in common use." An "assault weapon" you speak of is only a semi-automatic weapon like a handgun, and happens to fall under common use. You have to have a Class III to possess an automatic.

Are you aware of the prohibitions of a felon or mentally ill person possessing a weapon? So, if they already have laws on the books that they are failing to uphold, then is that not the actual problem? Instead of fixing or utilizing the laws intact, you want them to create more laws? That is the definition of insanity.

Last edited:
May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
In one place you say people of sound mind use objects for their intended use. Then you say every so often a crazy uses it to kill someone. In another, you say people should have a right to protect themselves and their property (did you know it is unlawful to protect your property with a gun unless you fear for your life, meaning if I see you steal something out of my yard I have no right to shoot you....?)...... Is it not the crazed also using the gun to kill innocent people? That means most people aren't going around killing people, even though they have a gun......so the logic is not to target the crazies (the real problem). See, that's the thing about rights is they are not to be compromised. There are plenty of other things up for compromise, rights should never be one of them.

Last edited:
May 9, 2002
In one place you say people of sound mind use objects for their intended use. Then you say every so often a crazy uses it to kill someone. In another, you say people should have a right to protect themselves and their property (did you know it is unlawful to protect your property with a gun unless you fear for your life, meaning if I see you steal something out of my yard I have no right to shoot you....?)...... Is it not the crazed also using the gun to kill innocent people? That means most people aren't going around killing people, even though they have a gun......so the logic is not to target the crazies (the real problem). See, that's the thing about rights is they are not to be compromised. There are plenty of other things up for compromise, rights should never be one of them.
Except the problem is "the crazies" are fuckin it up for everyone else. Since no one seems to have any real answers for keeping guns out of the hands of these people, someone needs to come up with a band-aid until they CAN figure it out.

Gun violence is still a very big problem in the US, especially for being a fully developed, 1st world power house.

U.S. Has 31st Highest Rate Of Gun Violence In The World : Goats and Soda : NPR

The US has an infatuation with both guns and violence...it can be seen everywhere.