Ah Lil Late But R.I.P.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

RAVAGE

-DaBadGuy-
Apr 25, 2002
FUBU Outlet
www.dogpile.com
Joan Sebastian Ah TRU music artist/legend, I grew up with his music and have a lot of good memories of family get togethers and parties with his music blaring in the backround. I know this aint ah popular genre of music on the SICCNESS but I just wanted to pay homage/respect to a great artist of his time and type of music. :beard:

Last edited:

RAVAGE

-DaBadGuy-
Apr 25, 2002
FUBU Outlet
www.dogpile.com
7/13/2015
Joan Sebastian Figueroa, the popular Mexican award winning singer and songwriter, died Monday night, according to several news reports. He was 64.
Sebastian had battled bone cancer in recent months and had been hospitalized while undergoing treatment. He died at his ranch in Juliantla, Guerrero, according to the Latin Times.
The popular, multi-Grammy award winning singer made several visits to the Rio Grande Valley throughout his career, most recently appearing with Ramon Ayala in Hidalgo in 2013.
Sebastian wrote hundreds of songs, typically a mix of Mexican pop, ranchera and grupera music since his career began in 1977.
He won seven Latin Grammy Awards and four Grammy Awards.
Sebastian's son, Trigo Figueroa, died as his father performed at a bullring near Mission in 2006. Years after that fatal attack, he remained critical of local investigators.
“I was not present at the time of the shooting,” Joan Sebastian said in 2010. “But I had him 50 minutes in my arms dying, suffering and shouting for a policeman, and none appeared. In the United States and in many places, you get flatulence from a fly and the police are there immediately. But when there is something shady, no police, no armies, no ambulances appear. That was how I was left with the frustration of my dead son and the murderer loose in there.”

Mexican singer Joan Sebastian dead at 64 - KFOX - Breaking News, Weather, and Traffic