Who Put Sac on the Map? My top 10

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
I am taking about Rappers that made the most contributions and put the spotlight on the Sacramento Rap scene, not who I feel is the best. Add your lists so we can compare. 1) X-Raided Loc 2) C-Bo 3) Brotha Lynch Hung 4)Mozzy/Lil Tim 5) T-Nutty 6) Luni Coleone 7) Hollow Tip 8) Gangsta Dre 9) Mr. Doctor 10) Marvaless - Honorable mention: C-Dubb

Sep 3, 2002
The rappers on that list seem well enough, maybe not the order of the names, but they're all accounted for...'cept for Blackalicious.

Big Hollis definitely, and Phonk Beta possibly need to be mentioned and accredited for the sounds that drove these rappers to national recognition. (Other producers too I'm sure)

....and G-Idez---just playing.

Nov 4, 2005
Unfortunately nobody really put sac on the map, mozzy could of but he ran off to la and before that he was basically a bay artist, he could of put sac on the map the way snoop put long beach on etc, or how chief keef or whoever put chicago on the map

I wanted Homicide R.I.P on my list but this list is for Sacramento Rappers that made the most impact Nationwide & Worldwide. Homicide is barely known outside of the Nor Cal Underground Rap scene. I actually met Homicide at the Old Florin Mall and I Copped his Plantation cd and we chopped it up for 10-Minutes, Hella cool O.G. That will be missed. As far as X-Raided being my first choice that was a tough decision. If you follow X-Raided's career like I do, you would know that he was the first Rapper from Sacramento to be in an article in the Source Magazine and he has said himself that he put Sac on the Map in many interviews. Plus I believe that he has the Siccest lyrics out of the group. If you do not agree with my list add your list so we can find out Who officially Put Sac on the Map.

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
I wanted Homicide R.I.P on my list but this list is for Sacramento Rappers that made the most impact Nationwide & Worldwide. Homicide is barely known outside of the Nor Cal Underground Rap scene. I actually met Homicide at the Old Florin Mall and I Copped his Plantation cd and we chopped it up for 10-Minutes, Hella cool O.G. That will be missed. As far as X-Raided being my first choice that was a tough decision. If you follow X-Raided's career like I do, you would know that he was the first Rapper from Sacramento to be in an article in the Source Magazine and he has said himself that he put Sac on the Map in many interviews. Plus I believe that he has the Siccest lyrics out of the group. If you do not agree with my list add your list so we can find out Who officially Put Sac on the Map.
You entitled to your list breh, I ain't from Sac. X Raided original shit dope af still to this day but he wasn't on no national shit breh..... Nationwide distribution comps had C Bo Brotha Lynch Homicide C.O.S....... to me music reaching the masses is what puts you musically on the map. Everybody got they own opinion tho.... C Bo was on Pacs shit- how many records of that been sold- the others ain't seen those type of numbers (Lynch would be second I would think)..... Could X Raided have been that dude? Doesn't matter now....

How many albums we're C Bo presents or WCM stamped.....that's saying something

Sep 3, 2002
Brotha Lynch is the first Sacramento rap I heard as a kid from Denver, Snoop has said Season of the Siccness caught his attention, Lebron James’ rapping Rest in Piss, his music was blamed for murders, he was on a talk show and this very website is inspired by it as well—I’d put him as number 1.

I can see how the argument could be made for X-raided, however I would say that A home invasion, and recording music from prison— his lifestyle may have got more attention than the music. Like Homicide—I wouldn’t give x-Raided more credit for going first. You wouldn’t give Gangsta Pat a higher rank for putting Memphis on than you would DJ Paul and 3-6 mafia.

And I don’t listen to Mozzy one single bit, but won’t deny that he’s that dude right now, and has brought massive attention to the scene.

Sep 3, 2002
Troubled Mind is like top five sac albums to me homie.

But as far as 'Putting on the map' goes I don't think the midnight creeper could bump Hollowtip or even Marvaless off that list.

That was a Sicc track off The Who Put Sac on the Map? 2 Comp, C-Bo's verse is Fire on that. I just bought that last week off eBay because I lost my original copy, that album will be Slapped in the car until I get my hands on T-Nutty's - Return of the Floheakin album. I do have much respect for Young Dre D, he is in my top 15 best Sacramento Rappers for sure. Troubled Mind & The Late Bloomer still get Bumped a lot. I got my first introduction to T-Nutty on the Late Bloomer album, then X-Raided had him on the Initiation Compilation. I felt like X-Raided was passing T-Nutty the torch at that point and the rest is 916 history.