What do you like about INNER CITY POET?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Lu_

Sicc OG
Jun 14, 2005
Not really a fan of the album, but What A Tangled Web We Weave, Dedication To All Hogg Niggas, If U Fuckin U Suckin, and Raw Deal were all dope tracks.

Jun 11, 2004
Been a long time since I popped that cd in but I remember dre's flows were amazing, beats were just okay, and production and mixing was horrible

Sep 3, 2002
Interesting...

@ Lu_ , Me and you usually have similar taste in these Sac threads, but not so much for this album.

To me the album is unique to for Sacramento rap and the album itself is a mixed bag as well.

I don't really know shit about production and mixing. But on the title track, I could say yeah there's a lot of layers to that beat that might be fucking up the way it sounds on some peoples CD players.

See below:

Sep 3, 2002
For me, this album came at the right time in my life. When I got the album I could get stuck on some old teenage feeling sorry for myself bullshit so I could relate, I was listening to it steadily. Plus I usually gravitate towards more of a mellow, player sound --even depressing type rap moreso than live party music. I liked " Close to da end" "sittin by the edge of the curb" and "let it rain" . I might say I value honesty in lyrics more than sensationalism.

I'd say C.O.S takes a page from this album to inspire his style of music, as far as the lyrical content goes and bringing light to struggle and pain, and I fuck with that.

And to reiterate my point about honest lyrics.
I liked this song off My crazy Life

It's rare for dudes especially rappers to talk about a girl playing them. Seems more REAL to me.

Apr 25, 2002
Interesting...

@ Lu_ , Me and you usually have similar taste in these Sac threads, but not so much for this album.

To me the album is unique to for Sacramento rap and the album itself is a mixed bag as well.

I don't really know shit about production and mixing. But on the title track, I could say yeah there's a lot of layers to that beat that might be fucking up the way it sounds on some peoples CD players.

See below:

Fuck I use to bump that song everyday. Classic.