What do yall think was brotha lynch hung's best release?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 9, 2002
Lyrically? Lynch By Inch. People will disagree becuase many of the beats were "meh", but strip the out and listen to what he sayin...gas.

SODS is corny as fuck and sounds dated. 24 Deep and Loaded are about even in terms of all around projects. Loaded might nudge it just a bit more becuase he was ahead of his time on that shit and i STILL play that album to this day.

Sep 3, 2002
Lynch by inch?????

Sit the fuck down. (Kevin hart voice)

But serio holmes, I've always said Loaded, because 1 that was my introduction to brotha lynch hung, and two after hearing the others I would still say that lynch was in a zone creatively on loaded that he could never come to before or after that. " High enough to Write a whole carrer ffull of shit i mean blitzed" . D-dubb and phone beta also LACED that album, and made it funky enough.

I've changed my mind about this about a year ago and started saying season of the siccness, I think mainly due to becoming too familiar with things written on this site about first degree and sicx ( who played supporting roles on loaded) . I know it's lame, but it's hard to separate the artist from the music sometimes. (Nigga deep is unmentionable on this site for the same reason, but dope as fuck in its own rite)

24 deep is cool, but clearly in hindsight, or compared to sots or loaded, lynch was still developing.

Season of the siccness has some historical significance it seems. This website is testament to that. It's sacramentos premiere album obviously. It's the original chronic. Loaded being chronic 2001. As far as it being a concept album what with the skits and all, its better than loaded, which was just kind of trippy/ fragmented in its story line. and It debuted mr doctor, and was followed by my favorite sac album of all time Settippin Bloccstyle. I have to listen to season of the siccness every summer.

So there it is.

Last edited:

DaGrimProphet

English Gentleman
Dec 23, 2014
UK
Loaded being chronic 2001.
Only difference between loaded and 2001 is Loaded wasnt a fucking terrible disappointment and an insult to the first album... it also didnt mark one of the first major sellouts in hip hop helping the Jewish music execs to make a more commercial and marketable genre.

You also seem to be overlooking the quality of 24 deep a lil, but other than that I agree with what you are saying

Dec 19, 2008
North Sac
Loaded is the best album Lynch ever did. The beats are complex and layered with wonderful Phonk Beta production, the features are on point, and the atmosphere is quite intense. The only thing its missing is a verse from X-Raided. Imo, that would have made it the greatest rap album of all time. Even without that, its still one of the best albums from Sacramento ever made, next to If These Walls Could Talk and Unforgiven Vol. 1.