Twin Evil 2

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 19, 2005
After really letting this album soak in, it feels more like a mixtape than an actual album. The Ac3beats promo at the beginning of some tracks and mixing gives it that effect.

Rather than Bleezo flashing up that stack of money on the cover I would've invested that shit in some Phonk Beta production. That fool knows how to lay down some classics.

It's a heated album when it comes to the flows, but some of those beats are gonna age worse than John Claude Van Damme.

With all that said, it's still worth the purchase. I doubt it'll stand the test of time like the original Twin Evil did though.

Apr 17, 2008
New York City
Man you guys are trippin'. This record is straight fire all the way through and I LOVE the beats, a fusion between newer trap/drill-era sounds, modern West Coast street funk, and the darker, moodier horror beats perfected by the likes of Lynch/G-Macc and co. Lyrically, these guys are just off the fucking charts, their rhyme patterns are even better than on the first Twin Evil, which I also dug a ton. I'm not saying this is a better record from beginning to end and I'm not saying its an absolute masterpiece, but it gives the original a run for its money (the original Twin Evil had plenty of weaker beats and moments, it was far from a straight masterpiece). The rap game has changed a whole lot since the first Twin Evil dropped in '07, but these guys have refused to tone their delivery down, haven't dumbed their flow down for the masses at all...if anything, their rhyme patterns have gotten more complex. The beats do reflect a far more modern take on that classic GBC sound than last time around, but it's a welcome update. Honestly, I dug 1 Up Top Ahk, but to these ears, Twin Evil 2 fucking eviscerates Mozzy and co. Mozzy's a good storyteller and June's beats are on point, but Sav and Bleezo can outrap those Oak Park boys any day, and the beats on this one are nothing to sneeze at. It's the best full length effort I've heard from anyone in many months. The production quality is fine too, no major complaints, definitely not as polished or slick as Mozzy's full length, but it sounds good enough from beginning to end. All in all, a killer effort. And I'm not even from Cali, I'm on the East Coast.

Last edited: