Sacramento Classics pre 2003

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 22, 2003
Listening to the DJ Daryl Interview made me go back and listen to a lot of old Bo stuff. Which made me listen to more of my Sacramento rap. I realized that I to get up on more Sac music. I need some suggestions.

This is the sound I am into:

Hollow Tip "Taking No Shorts" is probley my favorite Sacramento album
C-Bo "Gas Chamber" to "Till My Casket Drops"
Brotha Lynch "SOFS" and "Loaded" and other siccmade

What are some classic Sacramento albums with this sound?

Jun 21, 2006
J-mack - Crime Rate (1996)
Young Dre D - troubled Mind

If you like Gangsta Dre - Gang Banging Poetry (which is a Sacramento classic in my opinion) you might also enjoy Marv, Mitch & Lemay - Livin In Tha Strange and one of the most slepped on albums from SAC: Lil Pig Penn - Hogg in Me.

Jul 22, 2003
J-mack - Crime Rate (1996)
Young Dre D - troubled Mind

If you like Gangsta Dre - Gang Banging Poetry (which is a Sacramento classic in my opinion) you might also enjoy Marv, Mitch & Lemay - Livin In Tha Strange and one of the most slepped on albums from SAC: Lil Pig Penn - Hogg in Me.
I actually have Crime Rate and Hogg in Me. I thought J-Mack was from San Francisco for some reason

Anyway I will check Dre and Living in the Strange. Thanks

Jun 11, 2004
Second that Young Dre D "troubled mind" N8 the Gr8, who produced Takin no shorts, also did most the songs on Troubled mind. Classic beats.

Try MC2 and J-Dog "killers and dealers in violent areas". Classic south sac album

Try G-Idez "Organized rhyme". Another classic. Damn the 90s had some good albums

Feb 10, 2009
South Sacramento
Vamp Dogg - "Gotta Keep It Real"......one of the songs on it called 'They Should've Known' is one of the dopest 90s songs from South Sac.

BeGee "Ya Gotta Be G" and Young Joker "Who's Laughin At You Now" is also dope south sac shit.

Kreep "I Think They're Watchin Me" is a classic North Sac album.

Who Put Sac On The Map volume 1 is also a heater.

May 12, 2002
www.glmc.gemm.com
Similar discussion came about under this thread:

http://siccness.net/vb/f4/favorite-sac-album-379650.html

Most of what was added is pre-2003. Check my list on there.

Can't think of many other besides some resurrected studio recordings that were bunged together as albums and pressed up recently, like Young Bread - 91-Skitzo, G-Side - Maniac, Munchine - Prepare Yourself, Ice Water (Of Outlaw Prophet) - Dead Soldier, Straight Game (Straight Game Ent.) - Gotta Get Paid, E. Klips - Kritical Thinkin, SMG - Strawberry Manor Gangstas, H-Wood - Sactown Is The Name Of My City, Various Artists - Street Stories, Philliated Click - can't remember the name maybe Hogg In Me, Mayjor Playahz - 1990 PlayaHa8te (there's a reissue with full cover art, it was only a promo orig.)

If Chill Bola- Hellraiser hasn't been mentioned, Caine In A World So COld? Villa Capone - Sins Of The Father?.. Sounds like somethin id've mentioned.

Tre - Reality Check, Aguny Ase - Consumption (I know he's originally from Mobile AL but hey it's a Sac scene album).. Shorty Pimpish - Fantasy II Reality. Mel Chauvinist - The Chauvinist 1 (The cd-r 1st version is best), Stackhouse Records Presents Legal Drug Money. Thumpa Ace - Incognito, Straight Game Enterainment - From The Ground Up,

Dope tapes too would be the BRC, Ill Fated - Cali Funk, Thumpa Ace - Try'na Get My Grip$$, both of Teardrop's tapes - Death Threat & Da Manslaughter. Kontrast - Cruize Control, Unknown - 19916, Sick Pack - Hell Hole, 4 Tray Block & Da Drifta - Up In The Pocket, Bumpin Muzic Presents The Slumpilation, S.A.C. - Freedom Or Death.

Last edited:

RM211

Sicc OG
Feb 10, 2006
I've said it many times on here and i'll say it again, Skanless- In The End We Shall Repent is an all time classic!

If you wanna go the compilation route then I'd go with Who Put Sac On The Map, Murder Dog Presents Sac Kingz, Blacc Markets Desperado's.

X-Raided- Unforgiven

Jul 22, 2003
Good shit to everyone on this thread.

I was looking for some education on Sac rap and I got exactly what I was looking for.

Smoking some good and checking out all these albums that I have never heard. Sac got beats for sure...

Thanks to everyone who contributed