Rasse Swedish siccnes from Malmö

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 15, 2015
Malmö, Sweden
Rasse Swedish siccness from Malmö

Hello 9-1 Siccness!

In this thread I will post some of my songs. My hope is to get some feedback from a knowledgeable rap audience. Even tough my lyrics is not in English the lack of proper rap forums in Sweden made me decide to try my luck here. I'll know that it's far from ideal when it comes to this type of music. Call it desperation. Hopefully some of you can appreciate it anyway.

Another big reason for me to post here is that I since way back been listening a lot to Sacramento rap. The fact that Sacramento rap isn't that well known in my home country also made think that maybe my music would in some way work better here.I wouldn't at all call my music a straight knock off, but I'm definitely influenced by the dark and moody sounds of northern California rap. If you despite the language barrier decides to listen to my music remember that this is not commercial or professional project. I'm just long time rap and hip-hop fan that after many years finally decided to make my own beats and write rhymes. In other words please be nice and constructive

Peace!

Skriva en rad:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fK725jzUfpw

Besviken:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf3QgcMU2XE

Djävulens lekplats:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tFINRz-mTI

Slutet är nära:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ34__t67GA

Hej!:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp52xfUO86w

Captain save a hoe:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRHtih_u2Fo

Instrumental:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hnToQaax5o

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2015
Malmö, Sweden
Thanks a lot for the feedback. I'm relieved that is was positive and I'm especially glad to hear that you without a understanding of the language found it worth listening to.

Jun 15, 2015
Malmö, Sweden
some of the beats are clean, some vocals are way too low. Since we dunno what u saying its hard 2 rate or suggest anything bro.
Thanks for commenting in the thread.
As I stated in the opening post, I know that the language barrier is a problem. Me myself hardly never listens to hip-hop where I don't understand the lyrics. I believe as hip-hop is an art form that has it's focus on lyrics to much of what the music is trying to communicate gets lost if you don't understand what the rapper is saying. As this probably sets pretty big limitations to my music here I don't have the expectations that this forum will make me their daily business. My purpose for this thread was to just find out if my music could be seen to hold any quality to an Sacramento audience, a city that in my opinion has made an unique contribution to the art form. So if you like some of my beats but that I need to do something about how I record my vocals that is more than enough for me.

Lu_

Sicc OG
Jun 14, 2005
I assume you produced both of the last 2 tracks? Definitely feelin it. As far as the language barrier, it's not much of an issue for me. I've grown up listening to rap from Europe to Latin America. Despite not understanding a lick of it, you can find quality music anywhere based on sound alone.

Jun 15, 2015
Malmö, Sweden
I assume you produced both of the last 2 tracks? Definitely feelin it. As far as the language barrier, it's not much of an issue for me. I've grown up listening to rap from Europe to Latin America. Despite not understanding a lick of it, you can find quality music anywhere based on sound alone.
Sorry for answering late, I've been away a couple days and tried to stay internet free. The 2 last tracks, as well all the all the other music, is my creation and l'm really glad you liken them. And I agree with you that as long sound good it's worth listening to. I sometimes listens to death and black metal and despite not hearing shit of what's being said, and not really caring either, I like the sound and the feeling. Basically I think that as creatures of habit it has to do whit what your comfortable with.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2015
Malmö, Sweden
i like your beats & flow, diffrent shit, you've got flavor even though i can't understand what your spraying, but yeah it drops, but like peeps said i can't really say anymore than that because of the language barrier
Thanks!
I haven't got that much outside response back home. I'm starting to suspect that I'm stylistically is a little bit hard to swallow for my fellow Swedes. But to get positive feedback in this environment really means a lot and more than make up for lack of response at home .

To say something about lyrical content I think that I'm in different ways deal with spiritual and mental struggles. The tone is kinda of harsh and I think I say things that I normally find hard to express and that people general necessarily is comfortable hearing. It is obviously not gangsta rap, but in a sense I think I borrow a lot of elements from genre. Mainly because it's what I like to listen but also because it is a form a music that I think allows me to express and explore things that are taboo and not that nice. I try to use a storytelling style where I don't just say things to make them sound cool but instead fits in a narrative. For example the track Spegel spegel or in English mirror mirror is a three part story of someone who sells his soul to the devil and in the end has to suffer for it.

Last edited:

Lu_

Sicc OG
Jun 14, 2005
There is a rapper out of Germany by the name of Teska One that was also, much like you, influenced by the Sactown sound. Check him out on Youtube, although his best tracks aren't even on there. He even did a track with E-Moe and on another one rapped over one of Phonk Beta's great beats "I Don't Want To Kill Younglinz".

Beta's beat

Cold187 @Cold187 should have more info on him.

Jun 15, 2015
Malmö, Sweden
There is a rapper out of Germany by the name of Teska One that was also, much like you, influenced by the Sactown sound. Check him out on Youtube, although his best tracks aren't even on there. He even did a track with E-Moe and on another one rapped over one of Phonk Beta's great beats "I Don't Want To Kill Younglinz".

Beta's beat

Cold187 @Cold187 should have more info on him.

Sounds cool. Not bad at all. You can definitely here the Sactown influence in his stylistic approach and I think that is done with much respect and understanding of the original source. As rap fan it's very pleasing to here that the Sactown sound have had this kind of influence, as I always thought that it deserved a much bigger recognition in hiphop. I checked out some other German stuff and from what heard it seems that different American underground sounds has had a big influence on their music, which is not the case in my home country. Swedish hiphop has in an technical aspect come pretty far and the music often sounds progressive, but at the same time we have a very conform culture where modern political correctness has had an big impact and that has in my opinion had an negative effect on our hiphop. Style wise and content wise things are often pretty bland, as much of the music is to concerned by the latest trends and not saying anything that could offend the culture elite. To but it in simple words it often sounds pretty gay.

Enough with the wining and back to German hiphop. I thought this shit was not to bad

If you have any tips on good European hiphop feel free to give to me.

Lu_

Sicc OG
Jun 14, 2005
If you have any tips on good European hiphop feel free to give to me.
How far back? I typically don't listen to anything out right now besides few exceptions

You certainly want to check out mid to late 90's French Hip-Hop if you haven't already (IAM, Fonky Family, Le 3eme Oeil, Faf Larage, etc). Germany also had some great albums drop in early '00 with Azad's debut for example. Stieber Twins in the 90's etc.

There were quite a few quality albums that dropped in my native tongue (Croatian) around that time as well. A couple of songs..

Depending on what you're looking for, I can narrow it down further. That's just some songs off top without saturating the thread with dozens of clips.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2015
Malmö, Sweden
How far back? I typically don't listen to anything out right now besides few exceptions

You certainly want to check out mid to late 90's French Hip-Hop if you haven't already (IAM, Fonky Family, Le 3eme Oeil, Faf Larage, etc). Germany also had some great albums drop in early '00 with Azad's debut for example. Stieber Twins in the 90's etc.

There were quite a few quality albums that dropped in my native tongue (Croatian) around that time as well. A couple of songs..

Depending on what you're looking for, I can narrow it down further. That's just some songs off top without saturating the thread with dozens of clips.
I don't know what I'm looking for really. I just got intrigued by that I never heard European hip-hop with that kind of influence. I've always been fascinated with different sounds of hip-hop and how the music mutate it self trough different styles and culture traditions. That was one of the reason I fell love with a lot of the American local underground sounds, where at least a lot of places use to have their own unique flavor. Now a days everything sounds like pretty much the same or a cheap knock off what use to be. I know that I sound like an old boring nostalgic, which I am, but sadly I don't think the local stuff that really blossomed in the 90's and made hip-hop great will probably never happen again, thanks to the internet, globalization and other big things.

But I haven't given up hope just yet. When I do look for new music, which still happens on occasion, I look for something that feels real, genuine and in the moment. And what that is probably impossible to pinpoint and a very subjective experience, but I think you know when hear it. So I guess after given it some thought that what I'm really asking of you, and this might be an hard question, is if their is any European Hip-hop that to you has been relevant on that level? In other words something great and that you would compare to the listening experience you probably have had with American hip-hop.

Sorry for the long exposition. I'm on holiday and got little to much time on my hands.

Last edited:

Lu_

Sicc OG
Jun 14, 2005
^ Great job on both of those beats. Sounds dope

I don't know what I'm looking for really. I just got intrigued by that I never heard European hip-hop with that kind of influence. I've always been fascinated with different sounds of hip-hop and how the music mutate it self trough different styles and culture traditions. That was one of the reason I fell love with a lot of the American local underground sounds, where at least a lot of places use to have their own unique flavor. Now a days everything sounds like pretty much the same or a cheap knock off what use to be. I know that I sound like an old boring nostalgic, which I am, but sadly I don't think the local stuff that really blossomed in the 90's and made hip-hop great will probably never happen again, thanks to the internet, globalization and other big things.

But I haven't given up hope just yet. When I do look for new music, which still happens on occasion, I look for something that feels real, genuine and in the moment. And what that is probably impossible to pinpoint and a very subjective experience, but I think you know when hear it. So I guess after given it some thought that what I'm really asking of you, and this might be an hard question, is if their is any European Hip-hop that to you has been relevant on that level? In other words something great and that you would compare to the listening experience you probably have had with American hip-hop.

Sorry for the long exposition. I'm on holiday and got little to much time on my hands.
I definitely know what you're talking about. You summed it up quite accurately in your second paragraph, and I feel the same way. In many ways my reaction is spontaneous and solely that when it comes to music. On a sports forum I've actually put on people from your neck of the woods to the likes of Gangsta Dre, X-Raided, etc. It wasn't intentional per se, but they felt an immediate connection to that type of sound when they heard it. You just have to know who you cater to lol.

To answer your question whether European Hip-Hop and their counterparts lived up to the Americans, they certainly did in that period I mentioned. Of course they were outnumbered lol, but the point stands. The French most definitely did and were acclaimed world wide for it. Speaking of Croatia, their Hip-Hop also lived up to expectations in many respects from my point of view. It's not that I am biased or anything like that, it's just that they really had a great scene during that short time. At least with them, I can also base that off lyrics/content in addition to production and so on. I don't have much experience outside of few other countries around Europe. I'm familiar with your countryman Petter, but his style never was my cup of tea. In any case, I hold no distinction between EU vs US rap if it is the type of sound I love/prefer. They'll both get equally play, it's just that the US has endless material

Last edited: