Mozzy’s 1 Up Top Ahk vs C-Bo’s The Problem

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 4, 2015
I feel these 2017 releases were the most major albums for Sacramento rap in a while because of the buzz around Mozzy and also the beef between them. What made the albums interesting to me when considered together is how they represent two sides. Of course the red and blue but also the young and melancholic but assuming violence of Mozzy’s lyrics versus the more mature/reflecting on his legacy and OG status for C-Bo. Just curious which one y’all think was the best album? I just mean music-wise.

I personally liked and picked up both. Mozzy definitely had the best singles with “Sleep Walkin”, “Afraid”, “Take It Up With God”. Maybe it would have been different if C-Bo had put out “Rep My City” and supported it with a video. But overall I still think C-Bo had a better album, his sounds put together better, has maybe only one track I would skip and he is solo on all songs if you exclude the hooks. There are several songs with limited replay value on Mozzy’s I think plus on some of them I would have liked to hear him spit more than one or two verses.

Wdyt?

Mar 25, 2005
EVEN THOUGH I LIKED A COUPLE SONGS, I DONT THINK THE ALBUM MATCHED THE ANTICIPATION FOR MOZZY...THINK EVERYTHING BEFORE WAS WAY BETTER...I DIDNT LIKE ANYTHING ON THE CBO ALBUM....

Feb 14, 2004
I relistened to that bo locc because of this thread... it is doper than that mozzy just wish bo would’ve responded quicker and in sac to capitalize off the situation