hollow tip or x raided

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 14, 2004
who fell off the hardest

because of their production

so basicly who did more damage

nikateezy or filthy phillip

Jan 18, 2006
Everyone forgets about about that Luni and Hollow album, that shit is damn near classic. Not his fault cuz of being locked up but its Raided, he hasnt had a solid album since the Nefarious release thats 15 years.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2002
Never doubt x-raided. He can hit a slump now and again (sometimes long ones)but lyrically there's not a Sac rapper that can fuck with x-Raided.

Somewhere back in the early 2000's I put Hollow Tip music down for good. I might take a listen again. But I'm pretty sure that nothing in his catalogue compared to taking no shorts, whereas x-raided still could make cuts like "use yo Nina" LONG after psychoactive.

In my opinion sac music has declined so drastically NOT because of beats/ production. But because of thoughtless, and lazy chorus'/ hooks.When did these rappers get this "do it yourself" motto? like having a talented voice sing the hook is not worth the bread, or is soft or played out or something? You gotta work your hooks til they're perfect cuz they make or break a song.

Jan 18, 2006
^^^ You trippen balls. Sac fell off so hard cuz of shitty production. Nothing compares to the Awol, Blackmarket, and High Side records days as far as production goes. I said it before i havent heard a good Sac album since Tay and Bo's group album and that shit came out in 2006. I tell it like it is, sorry if it offends people but im not gonna pretend i like something if i dont unlike how a lot people do on here cuz stanning for certain rappers.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2002
^^^ You trippen balls. Sac fell off so hard cuz of shitty production. Nothing compares to the Awol, Blackmarket, and High Side records days as far as production goes..
I don't disagree with that. But as far as saving the state of rap right now in 2014, these corny hooks got to go.

For example: this works for me..

Went with the sample instead some dumb ass monotone chorus..

Now, same album (not as good of a beat / production) but...

Sounds pretty good for a minute, but at about a 1:15 I've already decided that I won't be replaying this song much.
Same goes for for this...

It's not what a rappers saying as much as how they're saying it.

I can remember waiting for Lynch by Inch to come out, and first putting on spydies birth thinking " yea this will be cool, but then spidermaaaaaan......NO" pretty much ruined the album ( and lynch) with garbage hooks.

And I hear you cuz a lot of folks on this board swear by that album and still say Lynch bumps .

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2006
Lynch by Inch was failure of mass proportions lol. He literally had like 4 years to put together a good album since he was going through the label problems and i still cant believe thats the bullshit that was released. Sure theres like 3 good tracks but they werent even great. I did like the 1st Suspicion album though, that shit was solid and i wasnt crying about COS not rapping like he did in the 90's like some folks did on here

I see what your saying about the hooks, my issues these days rappers dont do there own hooks enough. Im so sick of hearing RNB singers do hooks for rappers. I remember back in the early 2000's/late 90's if i heard a singer on the hook on a song i would skip to the next track and sometimes never play it again.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2002
^^^ You trippen balls. Sac fell off so hard cuz of shitty production. Nothing compares to the Awol, Blackmarket, and High Side records days as far as production goes. I said it before i havent heard a good Sac album since Tay and Bo's group album and that shit came out in 2006. I tell it like it is, sorry if it offends people but im not gonna pretend i like something if i dont unlike how a lot people do on here cuz stanning for certain rappers.
G-Macc has put out some great albums. But yea, not too many to speak of.

I 100% agree - it has been a lack of production. N8 the GR8 was an awesome producer (Highside), Phonk Beta was bringing heat, and the AWOL producers were heat.

Sep 3, 2002
hollow is garbage now even with good beats he'll still suck...raided last few aint been the best but listen to assisted suicide or eterenally unforgiven...the flow and lyrics on those is some of his best
I'm realizing from this thread that I can't really speak on Hollow Tip til I give some of his projects a chance. Like I said I stopped listening at some point. I had a homeboy who I turned on to Taking no Shorts, then he copped another album (around 2001) and came to me like "wtf".

But x-raided still works his lyrics. Even with sub par releases the mic skill is evident. Similar to how crooked I never seems to hit the mark but is still regarded as one of the best mcs out. (In my book)

X-raided is the earl manigault of rap.

Jan 18, 2006
hollow is garbage now even with good beats he'll still suck...raided last few aint been the best but listen to assisted suicide or eterenally unforgiven...the flow and lyrics on those is some of his best
Fuck outta here with that. That Steady Flossen 2 and born a boss is dope. Just cuz you on Raideds nuts dont mean you have to talk shit about Hollow