Does Mozzy suck or am I missing something?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 17, 2008
New York City
So, a disclaimer: I'm not from the West Coast but love a lot of the classic and newer Sac rappers. From Lynch to X-Raided, Sicx, Gangsta Dre/Nonfiktion, P-Folks, Dubb Sak to newer cats like T-Nutty, G-Macc and especially Sav and Bleezo and the whole C-Way Camp (when they actually put out music).

Now I'm glad Sac is getting the respect it deserves on a national scale as a result of Mozzy's success (dudes out in NYC where I live who love rap and listen to current artists definitely know who Mozzy is), but I just can't believe that it's this cat, rather than say T-Nutty, who is blowing up. I listened to his record "Mandatory Check" but his flow just seems so lazy and flat throughout, wacker than a lot of the more basic trap rappers without any of that rhythmic flair I always associate with Sactown rappers. The beats are okay, but with so many talented cats from out your way, why the fuck is he stealing all the limelight? Am I missing something? Maybe his earlier mixtapes are better than his new record? Any thoughts?

I bought the new T-Nutty "Blue Venom" record and it absolutely destroys that Mozzy record, in my opinion. Why have all those other cats gotten overlooked? Do dudes in Sac bump Mozzy's shit like that?

May 9, 2002
So, a disclaimer: I'm not from the West Coast but love a lot of the classic and newer Sac rappers. From Lynch to X-Raided, Sicx, Gangsta Dre/Nonfiktion, P-Folks, Dubb Sak to newer cats like T-Nutty, G-Macc and especially Sav and Bleezo and the whole C-Way Camp (when they actually put out music).

Now I'm glad Sac is getting the respect it deserves on a national scale as a result of Mozzy's success (dudes out in NYC where I live who love rap and listen to current artists definitely know who Mozzy is), but I just can't believe that it's this cat, rather than say T-Nutty, who is blowing up. I listened to his record "Mandatory Check" but his flow just seems so lazy and flat throughout, wacker than a lot of the more basic trap rappers without any of that rhythmic flair I always associate with Sactown rappers. The beats are okay, but with so many talented cats from out your way, why the fuck is he stealing all the limelight? Am I missing something? Maybe his earlier mixtapes are better than his new record? Any thoughts?

I bought the new T-Nutty "Blue Venom" record and it absolutely destroys that Mozzy record, in my opinion. Why have all those other cats gotten overlooked? Do dudes in Sac bump Mozzy's shit like that?
Highlighted answers your question. Thats pretty much the end of the inquiry.

Dec 11, 2006
I'm from sac and listen to T-nutty and thought blue venom wasn't good. I only fucked with the intro on that whole project.

You say mozzys flow sounds lazy but that's been his style the whole time. He talks/raps slow but he's got bars. He's "stealing" the limelight cuz he's consistent and you know he's going to put out another project within a few months. Most sac rappers get comfortable or actually work real jobs so they put out 1 project every few years

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California

Its all about timing. Mozzy came in at the right time and he is relatable to a broad audience. Chris Brown even slaps mozzy. Dude is on the rise.

mouth_my_nuts

🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻
Feb 16, 2006
Mozzys energy sets him apart from t-nutty. Both dope but mozzy caught a big buzz and ran with it. He put in the work to build himself up, I never seen that Same work ethic from nutty.

Mar 11, 2013
u obiously didnt listen that new Nutty cd, its not about trappin yeah but he got some real topics on it...way more interesting than new Mozzy cd...

Mar 26, 2014
If T-nutty had the production from June that all these dudes are getting now throughout his career he would be bigger then what Mozzy is now. Nutty is twice the rapper. June is the unsung hero right now
Exactly..... Seems like philthy and all of one mobs music got a whole lot better when they started fuckin with June on the beat