Bank'dup ent and associates

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 8, 2006
I'm from the bay so am most on sac politics. I know y'all got to much talent in your city for it to be wasted on prison. I heard some youngstas on internet called subgqng or subtae. Their shit knocked. Do the have a #cd or are they on spotify. Everyone came hard on that drillteam shit and king cholo shit stay in rotation.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2017
Cali
My perspective being from Sac;

These dudes go so far for acceptance that they risk their music career for their street rep. An artist from the bay, or La will never be marginalized the way that Sac cats are. Their music is accepted at face value, even if they never been to the hood in their life. Its pretty dissapointing that Tim and Lav D never truly got accepted outside of Sac until like 20 ppl got shot behind it. I feel like its the same way in most "non industry" cities. Thats why Kansas City is so turnt the fuck up. Dudes literally gotta shoot someone or get shot to be taken seriously.

Maybe im making an excuse for stupid actions. But Sac has always had an inferiority complex to the bay and La. Unjust or not. To be honest, we are making better music than both (minority opinion, i know) so I wish the artists would let their music speak for itself without having to wildout to let their music persona match their street cred

Feb 14, 2004
I hope when lav gets out he posts up somewhere lavish and tries to get his shit straight street shit can wait till after parole

Feb 8, 2006
The internet is not the place to give the explanation butkc is not turnt up cuz of rap and the kc/bay affiliation wasn't cuz of rap. But i don't know much about nothing so maybe u right.

Jan 13, 2017
Cali
Never said kc and bay had anything to do with rap.
And Kansas City has clearly existed before a music form. But the KC dudes wild out on their music, cuz if they didnt....no one would care. 99% of the world never heard of yung cat before he started dissing west coast people. And im sure half the dope artists in KC are currently locked up.

Thats the new underground right now. Memphis and the Chiraq dudes really started this. In the last 5 years, how many music vids have you seen featuring;
A warning that guns are props
50-100 dudes jumping around
Most have firearms
It highlights the main areas of their hood
If its a diss, they recorded in an enemy hood, and were clear to include street signs

This is the new underground for hood dudes that have no chance, or interest, in being Drake

Apr 11, 2003
Broadbeach, AUSTRALIA
Speaking from the point of view as strictly a fan of the genre of music - i have high hopes that when Lav gets out and links up with A-Wax and gets some proper production and guidance he will bless us with some classic material.

Like someone said here before, I think Lav has that Mac Dreish energy/character where he is a slick, funny, pimp rap dude with crazy bars and has a lot more potential in him than we've heard to date.

Jan 13, 2017
Cali
Honestly a few years ago, lav couldnt rap for shit. He was just a funny persona. He obviously has alot of time to work on his shit, cuz basically the last year he really stepped the bars up. Hes still that funny asshole persona, but actually has some verses now

Nov 4, 2005
Honestly a few years ago, lav couldnt rap for shit. He was just a funny persona. He obviously has alot of time to work on his shit, cuz basically the last year he really stepped the bars up. Hes still that funny asshole persona, but actually has some verses now

i have to disagree on this one because i feel like in the past all lavish d had was bars but didnt know how to really put a song together..

Seems he's grasping that now..he actually has songs now that i can play with people who arent underground rap fans etc

Jan 13, 2017
Cali
You might be right about bars/song. I guess ive never hated his bars per se, but some of his songs werent great. And it lacked good production. That Project Nigga song had a fruit loops beat lol.
That said, he still wasnt gonna be confused with like Crooked I or anything barwise (not that anyone else in sac is)

Feb 14, 2004
I've heard songs with four verses so yea I'd say prior to lfingaz he didn't know how to put together a song very well

Jul 18, 2014
T @TANK locc imo raided got crooked.he's still lyrically numero uno, beats just lacks at Times.But I gotta agree with everyone, lav got bars and has stepped the quality up when everyone was counting dude out