REVIEWS ON JAY TEE - A.K.A. JAIME TRAGO

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Jar

Sicc OG
May 22, 2002
I like the type of songs like "Running The Streets" and "So Clean So Saucy" featuring David Wade the most.

Apr 25, 2002
Sound-wise:
Half mobbed out
Half new & radio sounding

Lyrics:
80% - Go hard on them harder than ever
20% (or less) - Pro women

Do a song w/ Marty and let him control the beat that ends up on the song. That dude is sick! He's got a different vibe, but still Bay. That One Block album has been in my CD player since the day it came out. Get Bash on your shit with some non-bay sounding beat. I openly don't know shit about the music industry or what you're trying to do, but you got the lyrics man... don't be afraid to hop on some different production.

Apr 25, 2002
As far as this latest album: It's solid.

Best song on the album is #4 HANDS DOWN. That song KNOCKS.

2nd best song is "CADILLAC"

The rest i'm still soaking...

Nov 7, 2002
waiting...

Still waiting for mine Jay Tee.
I am dying over here.

Must be fire, your projects are always dope.
I don't know but you don't tell a person to change their production...
Keep the ball roling JAY TEE. Keep doing your thing.

Apr 25, 2002
Hey man I'm not saying current production is bad at all, just make half the next album some new shit. That OneBlockRadius album is back to back hits. Jay Tee got Marty on a song, but then it was over a bay/mob beat. Look at 40's album; he's got a few pop songs on there, but he still gives us real bay fans the "GOT RICH TWICE" cut.

What about a Jay Tee raggae song ?

Here's kind of a dumb idea but I'll say it anyway: Do a song called "ball hoggin" and have it be about women that try to get you to settle down....

Jun 12, 2003
i am feeling the new album..jus got it on sunday at rasputins..production sounds universal which is a good thing..sounds different then a lot bay shit latlely..i heard the push and it was a rap 4 me 2 cop it...one thing jay tee i think you should rapp faster on some songs but other then thats it slaps..

Nov 7, 2002
its heat

This is just a ridiculous CD.
Pure Non Stop Slap.
To me this is the tightest right now, i bump a lot of shit, but i can't think of a better cd right now.
You perfected it Jay Tee.
I put this in and just zone out.
They are back to back, but i do flip out to #2, 3, 10.
They are all major, with B-Legit, Mr. Kee.
You should do a whole album with B-Legit.
How is the new album coming? Keep them coming.
Thanks

Jul 13, 2002
^^^^^^^^^^^ Agree 100%, that track is tight as hell. I was bumpin the cd in my office today, my favorite track though is definitely The Push; clean beat, tight lyrics, smooth chorus......... Another hitter from the OG Playa!

Apr 25, 2002
Next mixtape w/ Insane Mixacan cover the song "Pimp Shit" by too short. That beat is HARD.

Collab with Too Short on a song (maybe this could be the "Ball Hoggin" idea)

Apr 25, 2002
What about a "Jay Tee Splash" song w/ the hook talking about "splashin it"
--> could be a summertime beat w/ a Golden State Album type feel....
--> or new school party/club song

OK I am thinking about this thread too much but CUT #4 on this new album is HARD and it gets me back to surfing this forum

Apr 25, 2002
No but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

And you forgot to tell me how great my ideas were. Hey at least the Too Short one should happen :/