A few questions about "Back to the Hotel"

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

infinity

( o )( o )
May 4, 2005
UOENO, CA
Jay Tee -

After hearing that Jay-Z song "Show My What You Got" ( http://youtube.com/watch?v=qopwiGItevI )
with the same horns from "Back to the Hotel" I was wondering did they sample N2Deep? Or did they just use the same sample you guys did?

Also, Wreckx-n-effect's song "Rump Shaker" dropped at about the same time "Back to the Hotel" did in '92 & used the same horns. Did you guys have any beef over that?

If everyone just used the same sample, what is the original sample from?

Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse

Thanks

Jazzo

Master of Debauchery
Aug 18, 2003
Off the Grid
"Back 2 The Hotel" came out before "Rump Shaker" in about 1991. The first time I heard that horns sample was on Public Enemy's "It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back" album in 1988. I'm not sure where Public Enemy sampled it from before that.

infinity

( o )( o )
May 4, 2005
UOENO, CA
found it!

Lafayette Afro Rock Band - Darkest Light

Kid Capri for "The Apollo"; N2Deep for "Back to the Hotel"; Tuff Crew for "Soul Food"; Heavy D for "You Can't See What I Can See"; MGP ft X-Caliber for "X Caliber .44 (Blax 8 Trax)"; Ice Cube for "Friday"; Public Enemy for "Show 'em What'cha Got"; and Wreckx-N-Effect for "Rump Shaker"

Jazzo

Master of Debauchery
Aug 18, 2003
Off the Grid
found it!

Lafayette Afro Rock Band - Darkest Light

Kid Capri for "The Apollo"; N2Deep for "Back to the Hotel"; Tuff Crew for "Soul Food"; Heavy D for "You Can't See What I Can See"; MGP ft X-Caliber for "X Caliber .44 (Blax 8 Trax)"; Ice Cube for "Friday"; Public Enemy for "Show 'em What'cha Got"; and Wreckx-N-Effect for "Rump Shaker"
Nice find infinity, it's been a long time.....