40 Ounce Records - Ugly Nigga Project

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 18, 2008
I got an album that I'm working on entitled, "I Put That On My Life" and I'm interested in having a viable record label push the project. What I have to offer is a vast amount of resources that aren't available to most artists just coming onto the scene. I have invested in my own promotional campaign for the past 4 years through the selling of t-shirts. In that amount of time I have managed to get my brand recognized by, on or around, 1 million people. My stage name "Ugly Nigga" is strongest in Oakland where I began selling my Ugly Nigga t-shirts. The objective was to flood the city with a name no one would forget. Then follow behind that with my album. After the first year I began to see the effect of my street hustle paying off. Fast forward to now and I have to say to any perspective record company that may be in consideration with taking me on as an artists is that you will be saving yourselves tens of thousands if not hundreds of campaign money. I have marketed my name throughout the Bay Area in Oakland, San Jose, San Francisco, Sacramento, Modesto, Fresno, Oregon, Las Vegas, Texas and New York. Obviously they further you travel away from Oakland the less visablility I have but consider this, my brand has been worn on stage by performers like San Quinn, Hoodstarz, Keak, Kaz Kyzah, Drew Down and scores of lower level artists. There is no other artists other than Mac Dre and Tupac that can have their brand on another rapper and they rock it like they repin for themselves.

The concept of Ugly Nigga has a 3 part marketing scheme that consists of: politics, vanity, and life style. Ugly Nigga from a political, fight the power movement that defies the past and is reminiscent of the Black Panthers. In regards to vanity I've heard hundreds of stories from dudes who have went to clubs and have had women come up to them while he is wareing an Ugly Nigga shirt and say, "Baby you know you not ugly." Then there are the cats who live life ugly and it's just plain and simply the way they get down. These 3 points of marketing is a safe guard so that my product will not become pigeon hold into one section and eventualy become stale. I have the ability to be flexable and fresh with my approach.

Finaly what this is all culminating to is Ugly Nigga the rapper. I have 2 songs Iv'e completed which are "Ugly Nigga T's" and the radio version "Ugly T's", Plus the song, "What Type Of Nigga Are You". I have 2 other songs near completion, "I'm Hot" and "I Put That On My Life", which is also the name of the ablum. When the situation calls for it my name can be abreviated to Ugly, Ugly N. I. G., or UN for the purpose of any song, radio, print or presentation. My style of music and delivery is hip hop influenced as one will hear if one has taken the time to listen. I consider myself an exceptional performer on stage as many have told me. My motto before any show is to promote like Don King and fight like young Mike.

I have been a promoter and still am and have organized shows for other artists. I have created and run an open mic contest called the "HUSTLE @ FLOW AWARDS" which has been copied by recent open mic factions. Iv'e thrown over 20 shows which include my banner show "UGLY NIGGA ALL ACCESS the OFFICIAL PARTY" along with the "HUSTLE @ FLOW AWARDS" scince October 15th 2008 to the present. To any record company considering taking my project I also deal with venus that are of different capacities and can book my own shows. I have the most extensive distribution route that consists of 150 stops for Oakland (Hayward-Berkeley), 235 for stops San Francisco (San Fran-Foster City-Half MoonBay),300 stops San Jose (San J-Campbell-Santa Clara). I use this distribution system for flyer and poster drop offs. This will also include cd promos added to the distribution route.

In closing, I am looking for a records company that has the push, the amount of money that is needed to fund the studio time, flyers, posters, shows and traveling expense. Inturn I offer a ready made reconizable image that has unlimited potential that litteraly goes beyond the borders of rap music. I can travel farther than 99.9% of the rappers that are in the Bay Area. It just takes a sharp executive mind to understand the reward of taking on this project. I am a potential revolution that has already started to fester.

UGLY NIGGA...I PUT THAT ON MY LIFE. View attachment 86097