Young Trey ‎– Wha Cha Need (1998) what is the OG 1st pressing?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 12, 2012
I've seen two front covers slightly different from each other:

Does anyone know which one belongs to the original 1st pressing? Does ringcodes of the CD's of both versions?

Note: Disregard that respecta.net logo at the bottom of the 1st front cover.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2003
I have been wondering about the same thing too. I've got the one with the second cover art. the two PA signs are both different and slightly placed differently on the cover. on the first cover the PA sign is the generic one while the second one has a white frame and was typically used around the late 90s. However, both were used around the same time. if you check the upper cover it looks like the right hand of dude in the chair holds something that has been blurred due to it being a gun or something else. My guess is that the first one is the OG while they made small adjustments to the second pressing below, to cover whatever was held in that hand. I have the lower version and the cover is sharp and clean, no pixelated pictures or blurry borders so it's definitely an authorized pressing. also, because the PA sign on the second cover is one that was not commonly used for many years after the late 90s this one could just as well have been released in 1998. It's actually impossible to say which one is the OG of these two. I've only had it for a couple of years so I can't tell. all I can do is guess and do some logical thinking haha

anybody else has any ideas besides "I've owned this for so many years and my edition is the OG"?

Last edited:
Props: ThaIgk
Dec 8, 2006
I got the one in the second pic, on Mo Money Records with the MOMONEY ringcode.
According to cduniverse about the rerelease... "Wha Cha Need album for sale by Young Trey was released Jan 01, 2003 on the Mombo Music label"
I don't see any credits for the Mombo Music Label on my copy.

Props: ThaIgk
Feb 12, 2012
if you check the upper cover it looks like the right hand of dude in the chair holds something that has been blurred due to it being a gun or something else. My guess is that the first one is the OG while they made small adjustments to the second pressing below, to cover whatever was held in that hand.
^^ This thing also makes me believe that the 1st cover belongs to the OG release, however, I might be wrong.

Feb 12, 2012
I just spoke to Young Trey and he advised to me that the CD with the below front cover is the 1st press... This is FYI ya'll...