Sealed LiL Grim tapes (Memphis)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2011
Memphis, TN Louisville, KY
Those are all reprints/dubs..... At least the OG shit from the 90's that were released like 5-years ago on tape and cd are.
What are you talking about, did you even look at the sale?? Or the website.. I only have ORIGINAL tapes.. That's the whole point of my project, You got to be kidding me with that bullshit..

I've seen you post on here before in relation to Memphis rap and you have no idea what you're talking about!

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2006
www.myspace.com
What are you talking about, did you even look at the sale?? Or the website.. I only have ORIGINAL tapes.. That's the whole point of my project, You got to be kidding me with that bullshit..

I've seen you post on here before in relation to Memphis rap and you have no idea what you're talking about!
The originals were never sealed.

They're also easy to copy.

IMO, those tapes are so simple they're not even worth collecting. It's literally impossible to tell a fake from an OG.... They only have white labels that have been typed by a typewriter.

Apr 25, 2011
Are you from Memphis??? Obviously not because you're making less sense the more you say. Original tapes WERE sealed, they had covers, color colors, black/white covers, imprinted labels, sticker labels, color shells etc. They were repressed and booted afterwards by many places, Thats were all the white shell dot matrix labels come from... those were the first bootlegs and everybody had those for sale in the mid to late 90s, thats how you got tapes that were no longer available. Namely at Boss Ugly Bob's or TNT they booted like that for years. You could get the originals at Cats, Musicquarium, Pop Tunes, Ike's, Lady Bee's shop etc until they sold out. You have no idea what you're talking about. It wasn't until the late 90's that Tommy Wright started repressing his own tapes at Stuarts shop, He would sell represses in bulk to all the regional shops that would buy them and you could also order them directly, he had adverts on his album releases to order his "underground" tapes. That's how he made money for national releases. But then he started booting everyone's tapes and came up on Ebay in 2009 selling represses from Stuarts shop of everybody's tapes and he still sells them on ebay even after Stuarts shop closed down last year. You must be confused. Those are brand new bootlegs and represses, but its obvious they look nothing like the originals. I have bought out stores in Memphis and still have a lot of old stock still sealed. I have done work professionally mastering many producers original tapes. I have hundreds of original presses from my personal collection, and I also have tons of bootlegs. If you actually had any idea what you were talking about or took the time to look at what I posted you would have something relevant to say because the whole point of my project is to bring out the ORIGINALS.

I've seen your posts on here you talked about Memphis CDs that were never released on CD..except by fake CDrs done with mp3s by fans in the 00's. You said Memphis tapes never had covers.. Almost all Memphis underground tapes had covers. If you don't know what you're talking about you should just give up talking about it because the bootlegging game that went on in Memphis in the 90s and the new game that still goes on today is sickening to me and has and continues to piss me off by whats on youtube and on ebay, and you're not helping with the bullshit you are saying because I know for a fact you're talking right out your ass.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2006
www.myspace.com
Are you from Memphis??? Obviously not because you're making less sense the more you say. Original tapes WERE sealed, they had covers, color colors, black/white covers, imprinted labels, sticker labels, color shells etc. They were repressed and booted afterwards by many places, Thats were all the white shell dot matrix labels come from... those were the first bootlegs and everybody had those for sale in the mid to late 90s, thats how you got tapes that were no longer available. Namely at Boss Ugly Bob's or Stereo One they booted like that for years. You could get the originals at Cats, Musicquarium, Pop Tunes, Ike's, Lady Bee's shop etc until they sold out. You have no idea what you're talking about. It wasn't until the late 90's that Tommy Wright started repressing his own tapes at Stuarts shop, He would sell represses in bulk to all the regional shops that would buy them and you could also order them directly, he had adverts on his album releases to order his "underground" tapes. That's how he made money for national releases. But then he started booting everyone's tapes and came up on Ebay in 2009 selling represses from Stuarts shop of everybody's tapes and he still sells them on ebay even after Stuarts shop closed down last year. You must be confused. Those are brand new bootlegs and represses, but its obvious they look nothing like the originals. I have bought out stores in Memphis and still have a lot of old stock still sealed. I have done work professionally mastering many producers original tapes. I have hundreds of original presses from my personal collection, and I also have tons of bootlegs. If you actually had any idea what you were talking about or took the time to look at what I posted you would have something relevant to say because the whole point of my project is to bring out the ORIGINALS.

I've seen your posts on here you talked about Memphis CDs that were never released on CD..except by fake CDrs done with mp3s by fans in the 00's. You said Memphis tapes never had covers.. Almost all Memphis underground tapes had covers. If you don't know what you're talking about you should just give up talking about it because the bootlegging game that went on in Memphis in the 90s and the new game that still goes on today is sickening to me and has and continues to piss me off by whats on youtube and on ebay, and you're not helping with the bullshit you are saying because I know for a fact you're talking right out your ass.
I used to collect all the underground Memphis shit, I sold quite a bit of it as well.

The thing is back in 2008 they reprinted all the underground Memphis tapes and released them with full artwork.... Those reprints are not the OG's... They're worth something. Hell, I almost bought 2000 of them - Rivaside Clique, Tommy Wright III, Primo, Fraser Clique, Lil Fly (playa fly), DJ Paul volumes, Koopsta etc..

Apr 25, 2011
What exactly did you collect??

But I know exactly what you're talking about, you're talking about all the "Memphis Undaground Inc" CD-rs that were made in 2008 with artwork. THOSE are all bootlegs and the worse kind because they were made from mp3 collections which were ripped from badly bootlegged tapes. That game was ran by a guy who called himself Pistol Creep and would sell "remastered" mp3s and CDs all over the place online where all the netbangers and phony collectors dwelled. He bought all the mp3s from a guy called Medicine Man (William Blanco of Georgia) who sold them all on DVD-ROM, then Pistol Creep (Andres Herrera of Florida) thought to himself hey I could sell these so he made a Myspace and stared Kunaki'ing up CD-Rs with artwork and called them professionally remastered. They were not authorized, nor were they barely even good quality half the time, the vast majority coming from bootleg tapes that were made in 2000 that were sold by B-low (white rapper) on the website "M-Town Bound" which Medicine Man had bought the bootlegs from and then converted them and cleaned them up....

That's how that went. From bootlegged tapes made in 2000, sold to a guy in Georgia who converted them and cleaned them up, then sold as a DVD-ROM of Mp3s to a guy in Florida, who then made up artwork and had them packaged up in CD-R format and also sold back in mp3 format to whoever would pay for them. That was the new age of bootlegging, the 2000+ nerd age of bootlegging which was by far the WORSE age of bootlegging. And worse part is all those shitty mp3s are what still gets passed around and uploaded to youtube daily.

I could go on all day about bootlegging in Memphis, bootlegging outside of Memphis, Bootlegging in the 90's, bootlegging in the 00's, bootlegging nowadays. It's all bullshit especially when folks go and package it up all nice like that and try to sell it. That guy had no connection to Memphis, just a guy who bought some mp3s and wanted to make money on other folks work. Ridiculous.

Anyway i could show you everything going back to 1994, what the first bootlegs looked like, which shops sold them, to the late 90's bootlegs where they came from (stuarts), to the MTownBound bootlegs made by Beelow and what those look like, to the TWIII bootlegs being sold by Tommy Wright III on ebay today where he does not even mention that they are repressings, to the bootlegs that are made in Germany today to look like what the German bootleggers think the originals look like. It's ridiculous.. There's somebody in Germany who makes bootlegs of Memphis tapes to try to make them look like originals.. I swear to god is ridiculous, and they aren't even sure what the originals even look like. I can show you side by side by side all the different bootlegs made thru all the years, and I can show you the originals because I still have the originals, the original artwork, even some stilled sealed and priced and I know exactly what they look like. And when I see what people sell and buy today in regards to Memphis rap it makes me sick. Whether it's shitty ass "remastered" mp3s or its some faked original from Germany based on a snapshot on youtube where they try to match the font , or it's Pistol Creeps bullshit "Memphis Undaground Inc" or it's Tommy Wright's broke ass still bootlegging other folks tapes in 2014!!! All that shit is SADD SHITT for an original collector. My extreme suggestion is if you don't know what you're buying just stay the hell away from it, and if you have any questions about authenticity or origins you hit me up, I will give you the real 411 these Net folks don't have a clue what they are talking about, I'm not meaning to down you, but you have bad information and I can't blame you with almost all that is on the internet is false, fake, and/or fraudulent.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2011
Also i would appreciate if you edited your first post here so folks don't just browse thru and assume that I'm selling bootlegs... you have no idea how bad that pissed me off.

Also if you have any questions about the original Lil Grim tapes I just sold on ebay you can hit up the producer himself, he'll let you know the score - Montreal "Grim" Jamison, I already know the deal so if you don't want to hear it from me, you can ask the guy who made it. He's on FB and twitter and he don't even have his tapes no more but he sure as hell would let you know. Wordemup, and spread the news cus I will keep it 100 or it's a no show. That's my whole purpose of my project

Last edited:
May 3, 2002
aye homie do u have pics of what the OG press of Koopsta Knicca's Devils Playground tape looks like? I got some shit years back from King JC, but it was around 99' and I want to see if what I have is the OG.

I used to rap with J back in the late 90's and spent a lot of time talkin to him about the history of memphis rap and ow he always hold me that the releases from Memph were very rarely pressed up with covers, I heard about stuarts time and time again and how the tapes floated around.

I don't disregard your knowledge from the Memphis scene as you seem like the most knowledgeable collector I have came across.

I do however take JC as reputable as well being that he was heavy in the game during that era, but the time I copped the tapes from him was later than the releases dropped.

Also, I copped a Kool Daddy Fresh-It's all true tape like them memphis tapes with no covers, do u know anything about that?

Apr 25, 2011
aye homie do u have pics of what the OG press of Koopsta Knicca's Devils Playground tape looks like? I got some shit years back from King JC, but it was around 99' and I want to see if what I have is the OG.
JC repressed tapes himself in the late 90s, you probably already know that he had the "basement tape distribution co." But he didn't get into Memphis scene really till 96 and that's when all the 94 tapes only bootlegs were available. DJ Paul sure wasn't pressing more tapes from 1994 with covers in 1996 or later, so you weren't going to find originals on the earlier tapes that late. But I can assure you Paul's tapes especially had covers and you will even hear him say it on many tapes, "don't buy the bootlegs, get the originals with color covers etc" I do have the original Koopsta and the repress, no cover tho. But to answer your question about covers almost all tapes had covers on the original presses, usually black & white occasionally colored, thats how you got em sold, it's the bootlegs that didn't so I could easily see that if you were looking for tapes in the mid to late 90s in Memphis and all you saw were repressings and bootlegs next to brand new tapes from the late 90s then you would just assume the older tapes didn't have covers. But really it's just you got there too late, they gone.

Attachments

Last edited: