Poster Question

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
Houston
I just found a bunch of rap posters I thought I had lost. I am looking for collectors opinions' on how best to preserve them because I don't want to keep putting them on my walls with push-pins and putting more holes in them and possibly tearing the corners. Should I take them to somewhere like Lakeshore and laminate them? Should I put them in frames? I don't know if laminating them will affect their value, especially if I fuck it up and it has a big bubble or wrinkle in the laminate. And frames sound expensive. Any suggestions/opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Sicc OG
Sep 22, 2007
i did a little research on this yesterday and theres a shortage of information. i was having trouble finding products mentioned also in the few articles i did find. a few things i learned though is apparently its important to have posters in acid free cover/sleeves. a lot of damage also comes from sun. so if you're displaying them you want something to reduce that with a frame or cover.

i think with a frame you can also have the poster stick to the glass and/or rub off.

Apr 4, 2006
www.myspace.com
collect posters - rap or politically related. IMO frame them if they're old... The Co2 can disintegrate them - I was picking and found a hoard - the problem is preservation.

60' or 70s stuff that deals with politics is worth a ton...

Apr 25, 2002
Houston
I just went to Target and walked by the frames aisle and remembered about the posters. I looked at the poster frames and they range from $15-$20 each. This will probably be a major investment if I go that route, but I'll probably just buy a couple of frames a month until I have them all in frames.

Apr 4, 2006
www.myspace.com
I just went to Target and walked by the frames aisle and remembered about the posters. I looked at the poster frames and they range from $15-$20 each. This will probably be a major investment if I go that route, but I'll probably just buy a couple of frames a month until I have them all in frames.
Yeah I only framed artwork with gloves for 2-years..

So I don't know what fucking talking about.

Yeah I'm sure 2-pac posters are different in your case.