munchie - prepare yourself OG version, how much you think ?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 27, 2006
I think nobody ever saw the OG version, only Calstate has it and all the one's circulating in the web are represses he made from his OG.
Maybe i'm wrong and an OG version popped up the last years since i don't follow this release much but i doubt it, atleast i only know 1 version of it (the Calstate version..oh and Calstate used to say those are OGs and no repress/bootleg of this CD ever was made that is why we only know 1 version. I don't think that is true but as long as i haven't seen another version i can't say 100%)

May 12, 2002
www.glmc.gemm.com
I think nobody ever saw the OG version, only Calstate has it and all the one's circulating in the web are represses he made from his OG.
Maybe i'm wrong and an OG version popped up the last years since i don't follow this release much but i doubt it, atleast i only know 1 version of it (the Calstate version..oh and Calstate used to say those are OGs and no repress/bootleg of this CD ever was made that is why we only know 1 version. I don't think that is true but as long as i haven't seen another version i can't say 100%)
Yeap, another cd release that's smells funny. This is one i think could be legit, cause the North Highlands cassette.. Just point blank this rapper was never mentioned online until Calstate resurrected him. Still, Lambo gives you all a question you need to ask yourself. How much do you want to spend on something unclear?

May 27, 2006
Dmn!! I never thought about Munchie Prepare Yourself maybe a totally "made up" release and never existed in the 90s.

I always thought it was released and Calstate has the OG version and used it to make represses/bootlegs. But now when you say it....no proof it ever existed in the 90s as long as nobody saw another version of it. Maybe it's totally made up and never existed in the 90s like the Ice Water Slaughter CD from Calstate.

Only 2 things that could give a hint it really existed is first: Lokbatan who bought one of the first copies, maybe the first at all, of Munchie CD when Calstate put it up and we all saw it for the first time said in the picture of the auction the color of the artwork was much brighter as on the CD he received. So he was assuming Calstate had another version as the one he sent him which Calstate used to make the version Lokbatan and all others who bought it later received.
Second: If i'm not confusing when he started selling Munchie CDs he was str8 into repressing, bootlegging stuff. Those releases where we have proof they never existed in the 90s and he just took unreleased music, compilation tracks etc, made a 90s looking artwork and "created" a never existing release like Ice Water, Young Bread or his "mid90s" H-Wood CDs came a few years later. Munchie was in the time of B.O.M. or C.W.H. bootlegs. But then we knew those releases before and Munchie not..so it maybe the first of those "made up" releases..idk just guessing but after your post started realizing it's tru what you say and it's not even 100% sure if Munchie Prepare Yourself was released before Calstate around 2010. Would be dope to find out one day what's really up with that release.

May 27, 2006
And the funny thing is, there is still a possibilty all those Munchie CDs he sold are OGs. He just came up on an old stock of a release nobody had knew before because it never got sold much that's also why the big stock existed. Like you say the Munchie tape is pretty much real so maybe he had a CD too and maybe calstate didn't even repress it just found an old stock. Lol fuck all the confusion coming from those bootleggers.

Apr 5, 2014
And the funny thing is, there is still a possibilty all those Munchie CDs he sold are OGs. He just came up on an old stock of a release nobody had knew before because it never got sold much that's also why the big stock existed. Like you say the Munchie tape is pretty much real so maybe he had a CD too and maybe calstate didn't even repress it just found an old stock. Lol fuck all the confusion coming from those bootleggers.
Thats possible, munchie & calstate are from the same hood.

May 27, 2006
Yes but it could also explain why Calstate had some unreleased Munchie tracks..

I see 3 possibilities.

First: Munchie Prepare Yourself CD was released in the 90s, was just pressed in a very small batch (like Calstate wrote in his first auction descriptions, didn't he even write something about 20 copies lol ok that must ve been a lie then) that is why nobody in the web knew about it, Calstate comin from the same hood had an og copy tho which he repressed/bootlegged and sold on ebay as og.

Second: Munchie Prepare Yourself CD was released in the 90s, never got sold much that is why nobody in the web knew it exists, but Calstate coming from the same hood could find a stock of unsold CDs.

Third: Munchie Prepare Yourself CD didn't existed in the 90s, Calstate just had some unreleased Munchie tracks which he pressed on CD with a 90s looking artwork when he realized about the crazy prices people pay for oop/unseen 90s g-rap.

Would be dope one day to find out the full story behind this CD!!

Apr 5, 2014
But the cover really look like 90's artwork.how he can get a picture of munchie in this position for make the cover? Maybe unrealised album with cover and he press it.he got also lot of unheard sactown cds for sell.

May 27, 2006
No clue to be honest. I guess it was released and calstate repressed/bootlegged it but i'm just guessing and i don't know which of the 3 possibilites is the truth (or if there is even some more...)

Apr 5, 2014
Few days ago i saw a man on ebay who sold munchie cd, only cd no artwork. He said he bought it some years ago like this with no cover and he said its not the ace92784 ringcode bootleg.
I think it was a scammer.
Also munchie cover (by calstate) was made by jeremy scott, pixelized designs.thers the crushite records adress too.i really think thers no 90's press.

Insert say mp3.com lol

Last edited: