MC Mack - Pimpin As A Mack (Memphis)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2011
Memphis, TN Louisville, KY
Original underground cassette for sale, priced for best offers
Produced by Juicy J, DJ Paul, and MC Mack for Devil Shit Productions/666 Mafia.

First Solo tape by MC Mack right before Killa Klan (Kaze) was coined in 1995 with K-Rock and Scan Man, before Spring Mix '95, and before Mystic Styles by Three 6 Mafia. Some very classic and bumpin underground tracks with the usual lyricism from MC Mack's fast twistin'. Also features Ou7Law Da Masque Mane & Capt'n Dre of Split Personality, Lil Corb (who just passed away), Pimp Teddy, and The Joker of the Gimi Sum Family.

[ame=http://www.ebay.com/itm/301215875213]MC Mack Pimpin' as A Mack DJ Paul Juicy J Triple 6 Mafia Memphis Rap G Funk OG | eBay[/ame] SOLD $425

Also for sale a sealed copy of Lil Grim's "Children of the Corn - The Last Chapter" that was never paid for twice now by two buyers. Features the Coro Lake Posse, with plenty of dark and trippin tracks as well as smooth sampled tracks.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2006
www.myspace.com
Original underground cassette for sale, priced for best offers
Produced by Juicy J, DJ Paul, and MC Mack for Devil Shit Productions/666 Mafia.

First Solo tape by MC Mack right before Killa Klan (Kaze) was coined in 1995 with K-Rock and Scan Man, before Spring Mix '95, and before Mystic Styles by Three 6 Mafia. Some very classic and bumpin underground tracks with the usual lyricism from MC Mack's fast twistin'. Also features Ou7Law Da Masque Mane & Capt'n Dre of Split Personality, Lil Corb (who just passed away), Pimp Teddy, and The Joker of the Gimi Sum Family.

MC Mack Pimpin' as A Mack DJ Paul Juicy J Triple 6 Mafia Memphis Rap G Funk OG | eBay

Also for sale a sealed copy of Lil Grim's "Children of the Corn - The Last Chapter" that was never paid for twice now by two buyers. Features the Coro Lake Posse, with plenty of dark and trippin tracks as well as smooth sampled tracks.

I'm also looking for a few specific titles on CD for myself if anyone here has a copy available:

Lil Pen - Shock Tha World
Keeno - Behind Enemy Lines
Dubb Smoke - Doshia Demons (Nationwide SOH Version)
V-Dog - 23 Hourz

Damn man - I just sold my Lil Pen - Shock the World like 2 days ago. BTW the track "trees" is dope. Also it says "volume 1" however they never made a volume 2 which I think is strange.

I can sell you a lil Pig Pen tho lol....

Apr 4, 2006
www.myspace.com
Sorry that was a little misleading, The original underground version on Broken Records was on cassette, like the rest of II Black's underground tapes, then properly issued in 1998 by SOH on CD. The original was tape only.
The problem with those damn memphis tapes is that anyone can make them. Almost all are simple white tape labels.

I'm not calling you a bootlegger, I'm just saying that is a problem with those memphis tapes.

I have several that I'm pretty sure are OG's but you can never be certain.

Also, around 1996-1997 there was a website that had literally ALL the memphis tapes uploaded and available for stream or download (which took about a half hour to DL one song on a 28.8 modem lol). This dude had everything from A to Z... That's how I got into Memphis underground rap, and IMO - I think it was that site that actually blew up the Memphis underground scene.

Apr 25, 2011
I've already talked to you before about this, if you have any questions as to what is original and what isn't, I would be the guy to tell you. I don't need to repeat myself all over again but I guess you have to hear everything multiple times before it sticks. I have been personally collecting, archiving, engineering, selling, trading and directly dealing from the sources for 2 decades now. I've also worked with distributors and local shops, artists and producers personally. It is immediately apparent to me what I am looking at. I understand the typesetting methods, I know where they were pressed, I know the equipment used, I know exactly how they were made, where they were ordered from. That said, I have also been following bootlegs for just as long as I have been working and I could tell just by looking at the style of bootleg, when and where it was done and name the names associated with them. Running from the original bootlegs, to the different shop's boots, to TWIII & Stuart's represses, all the way to Player 1's recent mp3-to-cassette boots, to the modern German counterfeits which attempt to mimic what are thought to be the original pressings. There has always been bootleg prevalence in Memphis since day 1 due to the scarcity of original pressings, and it has only gotten worse due to folks as yourself that have no idea what you're talking about, and just continue to spread misinformation. I'm not from Chicago, I'll let you talk all day about whatever you got to say and I could care little to throw in my uneducated opinion. But Memphis on the other hand, I will make you sound like damn fool in about 5 minutes if I let you talk by yourself and then I have to come in and clean up. Honestly it seems that you rarely know what you're talking about, so you just make things up out of thin air 50% of the time, and the rest of the time you just wing it. You also get numerous things wrong, it's like you hear what actually happened, it goes into your head, and when it comes time to say it out loud again, you have it flipped backwards and upside down. It would be best if you just didn't comment.

There was never a Memphis rap website in 1996-1997, i don't know what you are talking about. Who the hell was on the internet downloading Memphis rap in 1996?? That's my first question... The first Memphis site MTownBound was created in 2000 & ran by B-Low, the same guy to also dropped numerous compilation CDs and also later ran Down-South.com. He sold bootleg tapes that were clearly sold as bootlegs. His tapes looked nothing like the originals. They were squared white sticker labels & big printed font, many of which have their images used all over youtube videos today. Those were not meant to be counterfeit, they were sold as cassette copies, and usually copies of old bootlegs. King JC's site came up next MTownRap and with Basement Tape Distribution's represses that he also sold on Southwest-Connection forum. At the same time, TWIII was also booting all sorts of tapes at Stuarts and selling in huge bulk to stores outside Memphis, & thats where plain cassette & sticker tapes came from.. THOSE were the bootleg floods of the early 00's.. THOSE are not the originals.. all just brand new bootlegs of old tapes and sometimes boots of boots.. Somewhere along the line in the mid 00's, the internet, (I'm guessing yourself included since you were apparently downloading underground Memphis Rap in 1996) decided that anything you saw online was the original tape. And folks like Medicine Man who ripped all those poor quality bootlegs to digital, and folks like Pistol Creep who bought those low qualilty bootlegged mp3s and packaged them up as "remastered" CD's, and folks like yourself who are interested in buying up all those shit quality CD-R's in bulk to resell them, are all continuing the cycle of garbage that makes up Memphis Rap's online presence of "Remastered" this and "OG Tape Rip" that... All the while the folks who actually still have the original tapes have to deal with you all and all the mess you made and/or contributed to online.

Like I've told you before if you don't KNOW *key word* KNOW what you're talking about, please stay the hell away from it, you only make it worse. The truth is the original tapes have excellent sound quality, not ridiculous amounts of tape noise and distortion. Not the crap you hear on youtube. They were mixed down to master tapes from 4 track, taken to professional duplicators, typsetted, preloaded, and pressed at quantity then sold as either bulk to the Mom & Pop shops, as consignment to the Car Stereo Shops, or out the trunk. After the tape started selling out, either they were reordered and pressed again or that was it. Once they were gone, they were gone. If you missed your chance to buy a copy or your tape got lost/stolen, you'd run over to Cat's or Pop Tunes, or Ikes and hope they still had a copy. And if they didn't then you know you could just stop over at Boss Uglys and just get a bootleg for a buck or two. That was it, and that was the old game. And like I also told you before, the majority of original tapes were imprinted, color shells, colored ink, special artwork, special typesetting, color covers etc, and NOT just a tape with a white sticker. Please STOP saying that. In reality, hardly any tapes were released as just a tape with a sticker label. Almost all original tapes had covers and/or some sort of unique trait to protect itself from the original bootleggers. The goal was always to make tapes unique so that any bootlegs were obvious, and they have always been obvious. And you knew you were buying a bootleg when you did. If you were there in that time, you would know. You're on the outside looking in years later and all you have to go by is whatever you can see on the net. Today very little original pressings come up, I happen to still have hundreds which I have acquired over decades of working with numerous ends of the music business, trading, my personal collection, & leftover stock. It's been my personal project in recent years to archive everything, old bootlegs and all. If you have questions, ask.. don't just spread your assumptions.

Apr 4, 2006
www.myspace.com
I've already talked to you before about this, if you have any questions as to what is original and what isn't, I would be the guy to tell you. I don't need to repeat myself all over again but I guess you have to hear everything multiple times before it sticks. I have been personally collecting, archiving, engineering, selling, trading and directly dealing from the sources for 2 decades now. I've also worked with distributors and local shops, artists and producers personally. It is immediately apparent to me what I am looking at. I understand the typesetting methods, I know where they were pressed, I know the equipment used, I know exactly how they were made, where they were ordered from. That said, I have also been following bootlegs for just as long as I have been working and I could tell just by looking at the style of bootleg, when and where it was done and name the names associated with them. Running from the original bootlegs, to the different shop's boots, to TWIII & Stuart's represses, all the way to Player 1's recent mp3-to-cassette boots, to the modern German counterfeits which attempt to mimic what are thought to be the original pressings. There has always been bootleg prevalence in Memphis since day 1 due to the scarcity of original pressings, and it has only gotten worse due to folks as yourself that have no idea what you're talking about, and just continue to spread misinformation. I'm not from Chicago, I'll let you talk all day about whatever you got to say and I could care little to throw in my uneducated opinion. But Memphis on the other hand, I will make you sound like damn fool in about 5 minutes if I let you talk by yourself and then I have to come in and clean up. Honestly it seems that you rarely know what you're talking about, so you just make things up out of thin air 50% of the time, and the rest of the time you just wing it. You also get numerous things wrong, it's like you hear what actually happened, it goes into your head, and when it comes time to say it out loud again, you have it flipped backwards and upside down. It would be best if you just didn't comment.

There was never a Memphis rap website in 1996-1997, i don't know what you are talking about. Who the hell was on the internet downloading Memphis rap in 1996?? That's my first question... The first Memphis site MTownBound was created in 2000 & ran by B-Low, the same guy to also dropped numerous compilation CDs and also later ran Down-South.com. He sold bootleg tapes that were clearly sold as bootlegs. His tapes looked nothing like the originals. They were squared white sticker labels & big printed font, many of which have their images used all over youtube videos today. Those were not meant to be counterfeit, they were sold as cassette copies, and usually copies of old bootlegs. King JC's site came up next MTownRap and with Basement Tape Distribution's represses that he also sold on Southwest-Connection forum. At the same time, TWIII was also booting all sorts of tapes at Stuarts and selling in huge bulk to stores outside Memphis, & thats where plain cassette & sticker tapes came from.. THOSE were the bootleg floods of the early 00's.. THOSE are not the originals.. all just brand new bootlegs of old tapes and sometimes boots of boots.. Somewhere along the line in the mid 00's, the internet, (I'm guessing yourself included since you were apparently downloading underground Memphis Rap in 1996) decided that anything you saw online was the original tape. And folks like Medicine Man who ripped all those poor quality bootlegs to digital, and folks like Pistol Creep who bought those low qualilty bootlegged mp3s and packaged them up as "remastered" CD's, and folks like yourself who are interested in buying up all those shit quality CD-R's in bulk to resell them, are all continuing the cycle of garbage that makes up Memphis Rap's online presence of "Remastered" this and "OG Tape Rip" that... All the while the folks who actually still have the original tapes have to deal with you all and all the mess you made and/or contributed to online.

Like I've told you before if you don't KNOW *key word* KNOW what you're talking about, please stay the hell away from it, you only make it worse. The truth is the original tapes have excellent sound quality, not ridiculous amounts of tape noise and distortion. Not the crap you hear on youtube. They were mixed down to master tapes from 4 track, taken to professional duplicators, typsetted, preloaded, and pressed at quantity then sold as either bulk to the Mom & Pop shops, as consignment to the Car Stereo Shops, or out the trunk. After the tape started selling out, either they were reordered and pressed again or that was it. Once they were gone, they were gone. If you missed your chance to buy a copy or your tape got lost/stolen, you'd run over to Cat's or Pop Tunes, or Ikes and hope they still had a copy. And if they didn't then you know you could just stop over at Boss Uglys and just get a bootleg for a buck or two. That was it, and that was the old game. And like I also told you before, the majority of original tapes were imprinted, color shells, colored ink, special artwork, special typesetting, color covers etc, and NOT just a tape with a white sticker. Please STOP saying that. In reality, hardly any tapes were released as just a tape with a sticker label. Almost all original tapes had covers and/or some sort of unique trait to protect itself from the original bootleggers. The goal was always to make tapes unique so that any bootlegs were obvious, and they have always been obvious. And you knew you were buying a bootleg when you did. If you were there in that time, you would know. You're on the outside looking in years later and all you have to go by is whatever you can see on the net. Today very little original pressings come up, I happen to still have hundreds which I have acquired over decades of working with numerous ends of the music business, trading, my personal collection, & leftover stock. It's been my personal project in recent years to archive everything, old bootlegs and all. If you have questions, ask.. don't just spread your assumptions.
I like your passion, but do you realize I was one of the rappers EightBall & MJG tried to sign to Suave House Records along with Psycho Drama and a slew of other Chicago rappers?

I know a little bit about production and the industry and why Suave House went basically bankrupt.

They signed us all and then couldn't fund us...

I only signed the fucking deal because Suave was taking us as a group..

That's why you got Eightball and MJG on a track with Psychodrama on a bonus CD - Suave House would have been a Mecca of Chicago artists. Eightball was trying to buy Chicago.

The funny part about that fiasco was that I could have produced my own album but insisted 50k in my contract for production costs, both Eightball & MJG. Psychodrama and Mr. Mike on my record and no shows unless I sold over 100k units...

Too bad none of that worked out.

Everything got fucked.... Universal had no interest in any of us. Suave wanted to build an empire of underground rappers from Chicago, Memphis and Texas.

The only one that got a taste was Psycho Drama.

Apr 4, 2006
www.myspace.com
Is this Children Of The Corn tape the first press or is there a version with artwork? And is there other Children Of The Corn tapes with artwork?
Few Memphis cds have artwork.

Later they released 2nd versions with artwork but the true OG's don't generally - there are exceptions like Lil Pen, 8 ball etc....

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2006
www.myspace.com
Apr 25, 2011
I was asking because VJ just had told me most Memphis tapes originally came with artwork while i always assumed most came as the sticker tapes we know in the web.
http://www.siccness.net/vb/f37/new-inhoe-bootleg-idea-374819-7.html#post6164445

And you wrong the og first presses of most Memphis CDs have artwork.
This Guy Swoop187 has absolutely NO IDEA what the hell he is talking about. I swear he can't read either. He is straight talking right out of his ass and just keeps on going. If it were up to me I would just kick him off these boards for being a dumbass wanting to make a name for himself. He just said he was downloading Memphis rap in 1996, which is just straight up BS, clear as day. Ain't a damn person even had a CD burner or MP3 player in 1996!! Who the hell was hosting and streaming underground Memphis rap in 1996 from cassette tapes?? Earlier he was talking about DJ Zirk and "2 Tight Productions," the guy can't even get that right, It's 2 THICK Productions. This guy Swoop187 is just another one of those fools that downloads mp3s, browses youtube, and now thinks he knows what he's talking about. Now he's talking about he almost got signed to Suave House, I could give a shit what this guy says. I never heard of this guy and there's a reason why nobody else has either. Why should I believe anything he says. Guy also said he just sold a Lil Pen CD two days ago. Sure you did.

I just wrote this man like three times now to stop yapping about things he DOES NOT KNOW. He's not from Memphis, He was not buying underground tapes in the 90s, He can't even name artists and producers correctly, and his selfmade reputation he keeps trying to push on here is paper thin. DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS GUY, HE IS FULL OF IT. I can't be nice about this anymore. He is just straight up WRONG. If you want to talk about Chicago, I already told you, have at it. If somebody asks a question about Memphis, you need to be the DEAD LAST PERSON to answer them.

The large majority of Memphis underground TAPES originally had artwork, all the big names such as Squeeky tapes, Paul's tapes, Juicy's tapes, Skinny's tapes, they almost all came with artwork on the original presses in 94-95 and you will also hear them state that on the tapes themselves "buy the color cover originals." And from 96-98 almost everybody's tape releases had covers and/or special pressing traits such as imprinted ink on shell labels, color tapes, covers, colored ink etc. That was how they sold. You had to stand out to sell, and it was cheaper to produce them then. Anyone would buy a new tape that came packaged up, over a tape that didn't. This guy Swoop187 is also talking about underground Memphis tapes and CDs like they are the same thing. None of these original underground tapes were ever on CD when they were released, this guy is again just talking out of his ass and I will continue to call him out. All this fanmade artwork you see on the net today with all these bootlegged mp3s are all FANMADE as we discussed before. All these CD-Rs this guy Swoop187 was just planning to buy up on his other thread about 5 minutes ago are all fake late 00's bootlegs of bootlegs made by netbangers decades later. And yet this guy is spittin out his "knowledge" on original tapes?? They have absolutely NOTHING to do with the original tapes or releases. This guy just needs to shut up, as others have said over and over. I don't know why feels the need to talk about anything other than his own self. I have already explained in depth where all the different bootleg tapes came from and how TWIII especially, blew up the white sticker tape game that Swoop187 keeps referring to as originals. Those are not originals, those are mass produced bulk copies and he still sells them today.

To your question, Lil Grim tapes didn't have covers, I have most of his original tapes, and you can look me up I have plenty of pictures posted on FB, I'm not some guy just making things up as I go like somebody else on here. You can also ask Grim (Montreal Jamison) himself as he's on FB and Twitter, he no longer has any of his tapes. Grim was extremely low budget producing just for his HS and Coro Lake. However he did use color labels and color tapes etc, as did most everyone else even the lowest budget productions by producers. Actually You can ask just about any old producer anything as they are almost all online, they can answer any question you want, I have worked with many of them personally. You dont need to listen to what some wannabe i think i know everything fool has to say. Call up the source.

All this being said, plenty of original pressings if you take them away their cases and covers will just be a tape with a sticker. That is true. That doesn't mean it is a bootleg because somebody just has the tape and no cover. You can easily tell an original from a boot or imitation even if you only had the tape itself. Typesetting, font spacing, type of cassette, and font type cannot all be duplicated years later to match the original pressings. They can be imitated but not matched. Not to mention the sound quality. One major thing to mention is the sound quality. A bootleg will never have anywhere near as good sound quality as the original pressing. Old bootlegs may come close, but they are again obvious bootlegs sold in shops after originals were gone. Tommy Wright bootlegs & others booted tapes made in recent times have horrible sound quality versus the originals as they were repressed and redubbed repeatedly. People just assume online that the audio ripped and uploaded from these horrible bootlegs and "remastered" mp3s are what the originals sound like, and that is just not true. It's folks that have no idea about anything that continue to recycle the same misinformation about all of this.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2004
I noticed swoop can not stay on topic either. He always rambles on about something else anyways. Like saying do you realize I almost got signed to suave house. What the fuck does that have to do with this topic? Nothing at all. And second if you were gonna get signed to suave you would have to be making big noise locally selling thousands of units. Who is this guy? What group is he from? They just don't sign people to labels unless indepently you are moving serious units!!

May 27, 2006
yea his posts are nonsense.

and VJ i must've read your post wrong then. i read it like also all the no name tapes, tapes from people not as big as the top5-10 Memphis camps from this time originally had artwork. also on your facebook page most of the tapes don't have artwork. i read your post for example like also a tape like N9 would have artwork as first press and of course stuff like Playa Fly's tapes etc

Apr 25, 2011
yea his posts are nonsense.

and VJ i must've read your post wrong then. i read it like also all the no name tapes, tapes from people not as big as the top5-10 Memphis camps from this time originally had artwork. also on your facebook page most of the tapes don't have artwork. i read your post for example like also a tape like N9 would have artwork as first press and of course stuff like Playa Fly's tapes etc
Most of the high selling tapes from the big names were pressed up with covers, but also many of the "no-names" as well. Especially if it was a group's first release and with a local studio. It all depended on the project. Not everybody had constant funding like Paul and Juicy and it was expensive to go that route. For example if you wanted to sell off the shelve in a Pop Tunes location, you had to have a cover to move it; If you were planning to just sell out the trunk, it wasn't necessary. I just depended on the funding, the producer, and the goal of the project. Many folks would just print up covers in bulk, order tapes, and package them themselves to save money. You would run out of covers first, so the full packages went on the shelf and the leftover tapes get pushed out the trunk/club. It was all case by case, it's not like there was rules to follow. And it's all underground, but there was different levels to it too. It really all comes down to the money. Many groups saved up for just one proper release on tape and then you never hear from them again. A the same time other groups were pushing new tapes all year and none of them hit the store, just on the street. It's all case by case. I ofcourse don't have covers for everything in my possession, mainly just my personals I bought myself and old stock inventory versus what I acquired from family, friends, artists/producers, and associates over many years. But yes, most original pressings in general that were sold in stores, were sold with covers; whether it was a big name or not. At the same time, high school tapes and hood mixtapes strictly pushed on the street usually did not. So there is a difference there. It's all still underground, but to say that all Memphis underground tapes were just cassette with white stickers is completely false and far from the reality. Many of these tapes were high quality independent and talented projects. A lot of folks spent good money pressing up units on the highest grade tapes available, had custom imprinting designed, there own underground label and logo, and designed there own covers for each tape. To say that everybody making music in Memphis went over the same person's house to get the same white sticker labels is ridiculous. Could you imagine going into a record shop and there was shelves of everybody's underground tapes for sale, and they all looked exactly the same... how the hell would you know one from another. Apparently Mr. Swoop187 thinks that was the case, & it's obvious he's never set foot inside anywhere near a shop in Memphis.

Last edited:
May 27, 2006
Guess i would have to ask for each tape on his own, like now for Children Of The Corn. Btw loved to see the Carmike cover on your facebook, never seen that before. For example do you know if this tape had a cover?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTq2unNwEj0

Track is incredible hard hittin, i remember when all the Memphis tape leakin in the web you talkin about above became popular a homie sent me a burned cd-r with Memphis tape tracks he liked and this track was on it. I couldn't get enough of this track and till today it's one of my favorites out of those (plenty) sinister dark creepin, terrorizing typical Memphis tape only tracks. He told me he had just downloaded those tracks and no clue where they was on. Later i found out it was on a tape produced by DJ Sound. This tape meanwhile got rereleased/bootlegged on CD-R by DJ Sound, Playa 1 or whoever. Still i have never seen a picture of the og tape. Since lately i saw on Ebay some of the other DJ Sound tapes, i always was sure came with no artwork, with superdope artwork (i think was some Playa 1 & Bloody Bones tapes not sure at moment tho) and with the discussion here i remembered to be sure wether this tape had a cover and if so how it looked was always one of my most important questions about Memphis tapes in particular.

Apr 25, 2011
Guess i would have to ask for each tape on his own, like now for Children Of The Corn. Btw loved to see the Carmike cover on your facebook, never seen that before. For example do you know if this tape had a cover?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTq2unNwEj0

Track is incredible hard hittin, i remember when all the Memphis tape leakin in the web you talkin about above became popular a homie sent me a burned cd-r with Memphis tape tracks he liked and this track was on it. I couldn't get enough of this track and till today it's one of my favorites out of those (plenty) sinister dark creepin, terrorizing typical Memphis tape only tracks. He told me he had just downloaded those tracks and no clue where they was on. Later i found out it was on a tape produced by DJ Sound. This tape meanwhile got rereleased/bootlegged on CD-R by DJ Sound, Playa 1 or whoever. Still i have never seen a picture of the og tape. Since lately i saw on Ebay some of the other DJ Sound tapes, i always was sure came with no artwork, with superdope artwork (i think was some Playa 1 & Bloody Bones tapes not sure at moment tho) and with the discussion here i remembered to be sure wether this tape had a cover and if so how it looked was always one of my most important questions about Memphis tapes in particular.
There is no actual "Nigga Creep - Demons Takin Over Me" tape. That was just an mp3 compilation made by "Glock Mane" with random tracks that Nigga Creep was featured in. Glock Mane who calls himself a 'promoter' is responsible for a ton of incorrect information and also fake releases. He put together a lot of those "compilation" tapes that never actually existed in the first place. He really was the start of the whole mp3 tape trading thing online, which took off to what it is today, & he still does it. He used to be all over the place online doing th same shit. There's a whole website called Land of G-Funk and that's all they do all day. They still passing around the same recycled mp3s from a decade ago. He still bootlegs anything the minute it comes out for sale so nobody has to buy it. That is just a mess and then it all goes straight to youtube. But back to your question, that specific track is from DJ Sound's "Frayser Click - Broken Halo" (Volume 11) and was not featured on any other title.

Last edited:
May 27, 2006
Thx manne. I always thought it was originally on this tape and then they used it on the Broken Halo release again. It's such a mess with all those memphis tape rips i totally agree can say it over and over. Those mp3 dudes who put together whatever tracks and those who shared, traded, whatever without asking 1 second what it is or listening it closely caused a confusion that sucks for everybody else.
Didn't knew about Glock Mane i just remember the name Medicine Mane i think he remastered a lot of tapes but then i'm not deep enough into the Memphis tape mp3 scene to really know who did what and when. Just always hated the confusion with those "tapes" that perhaps never existed, had a totally different name as what you got when u searched for em in the web and nearly nobody of all those people who are responsible for search results in the web even had og or atleast saw. That's why i made those threads back then about some Memphis camps ..but it was only the tip of the iceberg i could have asked for nearly every Memphis tape named in the web :(
The Broken Halo release doesn't exist as factory pressed CD right? I seen 2 different CD-R versions of it but never a factory pressed version. The og must be tape only? And does it have artwork?

Apr 25, 2011
Thx manne. I always thought it was originally on this tape and then they used it on the Broken Halo release again. It's such a mess with all those memphis tape rips i totally agree can say it over and over. Those mp3 dudes who put together whatever tracks and those who shared, traded, whatever without asking 1 second what it is or listening it closely caused a confusion that sucks for everybody else.
Didn't knew about Glock Mane i just remember the name Medicine Mane i think he remastered a lot of tapes but then i'm not deep enough into the Memphis tape mp3 scene to really know who did what and when. Just always hated the confusion with those "tapes" that perhaps never existed, had a totally different name as what you got when u searched for em in the web and nearly nobody of all those people who are responsible for search results in the web even had og or atleast saw. That's why i made those threads back then about some Memphis camps ..but it was only the tip of the iceberg i could have asked for nearly every Memphis tape named in the web :(
The Broken Halo release doesn't exist as factory pressed CD right? I seen 2 different CD-R versions of it but never a factory pressed version. The og must be tape only? And does it have artwork?
Yes, Medicine Man originally ripped all the bootlegs from MTownbound site and Glock Mane bought em and later Pistol Creep as well. To put it simply, Glock Mane just put everything on the net from Medicine Man on Myspace etc and on all those mp3 forums, which started all that trading. And years later, Pistol Creep that bought DVD-ROMs from Medicine Man, took all the mp3s and made a business out of it getting them all CD-r'd up with Memphiz Undaground Inc and reselling them. But they all came from the same place, the same bootlegs. None of those were dealing directly from the originals. Still today the same shit gets cycled around. They may add a photo of the real tape and attach it to the mp3's to make it look like as if you were downloading the original tape or an "OG Rip", but all these guys today are just pushing around the same garbage for the most part. They just browse for new photos and reupload the same mp3s. All over youtube too.

DJ Sound did not professionally press any of his underground titles on CD. His original tapes did have custom covers, art etc. Player 1 in the mid to late 00's had audio cleaned up by Medicine Man using old bootlegs and new audio supplied from P1. I myself also later supplied tapes to Medicine Man after he contacted me, i was also thinking i would be dealing with DJ Sound directly for proper reissues, which i would greatly be a part of. However it was just Player 1 doing his hustle on Sound's behalf, Sound was not in the picture on any of that work. All those Frayser Click reissues are done by P1 and pressed up by Kunaki and CD Baby. The large majority are very bad quality audio and not worth your time. None were professionally mastered from the Master tapes and were bad audio to begin with. Whatever P1 had laying around ended up on CD-R. Don't bother with those, you're not supporting anybody but P1. I was not interested in contributing to any of that, after i saw what was going on his end.

Last edited: