MC Mack - Pimpin As A Mack (Memphis)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2011
Memphis, TN Louisville, KY
I own at least a dozen Memphis tapes, been in the game for 20 years producing and hustling music and I don't know shit because a few of you have artwork on your shit?

Is my Skinny Pimp with the arwork OG or is my lil Fly tape OG?

How about lil corb.

Dj Zirk

How about the those Paul and J tapes?
Currently 646 opened underground Memphis CASSETTES that I have archived, excluding boxes of identical multiples and sealed tapes not scanned. I have different versions, old bootlegs, represses, etc all on hand to show, compare, or review. I've already said all of this. You really don't read shit. Show me your tapes in question and I will let you know, instead you just keep talking about them, and give out bullshit information yourself when there's no possible way you would know anything about them, and I have no idea why you do it..

I will show you any Skinny Pimp tape, I will show you any DJ Squeeky or Zirk tape..... I literally made 2 videos doing just specifically that. Just ask, instead you just keep guessing and shooting blanks and people here might actually believe what you type. I'm attempting to keep the record right.

I also have all of Playa Fly's underground material, I even fully remixed-down and mastered Blackout's original production masters of Playa Fly's - Fly Shit, which is pending release on my label after rights release from Van Siggers. According to your train of thought, since YOU don't know, nobody knows.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2005
damn, you got a nice collection mistamanne. i'm always looking to see more of the old tape covers. a few have been poppin up over the last year or 2.

i see you got that Sunny Mack in there too. that's gotta be rare as hell. i don't hear too many people mention that name. i don't really know much about him myself.

Apr 4, 2006
www.myspace.com
Currently 646 opened underground Memphis CASSETTES that I have archived, excluding boxes of identical multiples and sealed tapes not scanned. I have different versions, old bootlegs, represses, etc all on hand to show, compare, or review. I've already said all of this. You really don't read shit. Show me your tapes in question and I will let you know, instead you just keep talking about them, and give out bullshit information yourself when there's no possible way you would know anything about them, and I have no idea why you do it..

I will show you any Skinny Pimp tape, I will show you any DJ Squeeky or Zirk tape..... I literally made 2 videos doing just specifically that. Just ask, instead you just keep guessing and shooting blanks and people here might actually believe what you type. I'm attempting to keep the record right.

I also have all of Playa Fly's underground material, I even fully remixed-down and mastered Blackout's original production masters of Playa Fly's - Fly Shit, which is pending release on my label after rights release from Van Siggers. According to your train of thought, since YOU don't know, nobody knows.

Some legit tapes and reissues.... Impressive.

Apr 4, 2006
www.myspace.com
damn, you got a nice collection mistamanne. i'm always looking to see more of the old tape covers. a few have been poppin up over the last year or 2.

i see you got that Sunny Mack in there too. that's gotta be rare as hell. i don't hear too many people mention that name. i don't really know much about him myself.
Bootlegs and reissues bought in 2008 are awesomeness.

He has fakes and reissues.

Maybe he has a coupe of reals..

But every cat knows those cds were reproduced in 2008.

Oh yeah what a collection.

I pay like 7 bucks for that shit - sealed.

That is why I look for 50 a a time sealed.

They are all reprints - bootlegs.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2003
This Guy Swoop187 has absolutely NO IDEA what the hell he is talking about. I swear he can't read either. He is straight talking right out of his ass and just keeps on going. If it were up to me I would just kick him off these boards for being a dumbass wanting to make a name for himself. He just said he was downloading Memphis rap in 1996, which is just straight up BS, clear as day. Ain't a damn person even had a CD burner or MP3 player in 1996!! Who the hell was hosting and streaming underground Memphis rap in 1996 from cassette tapes?? Earlier he was talking about DJ Zirk and "2 Tight Productions," the guy can't even get that right, It's 2 THICK Productions. This guy Swoop187 is just another one of those fools that downloads mp3s, browses youtube, and now thinks he knows what he's talking about. Now he's talking about he almost got signed to Suave House, I could give a shit what this guy says. I never heard of this guy and there's a reason why nobody else has either. Why should I believe anything he says. Guy also said he just sold a Lil Pen CD two days ago. Sure you did.

I just wrote this man like three times now to stop yapping about things he DOES NOT KNOW. He's not from Memphis, He was not buying underground tapes in the 90s, He can't even name artists and producers correctly, and his selfmade reputation he keeps trying to push on here is paper thin. DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS GUY, HE IS FULL OF IT. I can't be nice about this anymore. He is just straight up WRONG. If you want to talk about Chicago, I already told you, have at it. If somebody asks a question about Memphis, you need to be the DEAD LAST PERSON to answer them.

The large majority of Memphis underground TAPES originally had artwork, all the big names such as Squeeky tapes, Paul's tapes, Juicy's tapes, Skinny's tapes, they almost all came with artwork on the original presses in 94-95 and you will also hear them state that on the tapes themselves "buy the color cover originals." And from 96-98 almost everybody's tape releases had covers and/or special pressing traits such as imprinted ink on shell labels, color tapes, covers, colored ink etc. That was how they sold. You had to stand out to sell, and it was cheaper to produce them then. Anyone would buy a new tape that came packaged up, over a tape that didn't. This guy Swoop187 is also talking about underground Memphis tapes and CDs like they are the same thing. None of these original underground tapes were ever on CD when they were released, this guy is again just talking out of his ass and I will continue to call him out. All this fanmade artwork you see on the net today with all these bootlegged mp3s are all FANMADE as we discussed before. All these CD-Rs this guy Swoop187 was just planning to buy up on his other thread about 5 minutes ago are all fake late 00's bootlegs of bootlegs made by netbangers decades later. And yet this guy is spittin out his "knowledge" on original tapes?? They have absolutely NOTHING to do with the original tapes or releases. This guy just needs to shut up, as others have said over and over. I don't know why feels the need to talk about anything other than his own self. I have already explained in depth where all the different bootleg tapes came from and how TWIII especially, blew up the white sticker tape game that Swoop187 keeps referring to as originals. Those are not originals, those are mass produced bulk copies and he still sells them today.

To your question, Lil Grim tapes didn't have covers, I have most of his original tapes, and you can look me up I have plenty of pictures posted on FB, I'm not some guy just making things up as I go like somebody else on here. You can also ask Grim (Montreal Jamison) himself as he's on FB and Twitter, he no longer has any of his tapes. Grim was extremely low budget producing just for his HS and Coro Lake. However he did use color labels and color tapes etc, as did most everyone else even the lowest budget productions by producers. Actually You can ask just about any old producer anything as they are almost all online, they can answer any question you want, I have worked with many of them personally. You dont need to listen to what some wannabe i think i know everything fool has to say. Call up the source.

All this being said, plenty of original pressings if you take them away their cases and covers will just be a tape with a sticker. That is true. That doesn't mean it is a bootleg because somebody just has the tape and no cover. You can easily tell an original from a boot or imitation even if you only had the tape itself. Typesetting, font spacing, type of cassette, and font type cannot all be duplicated years later to match the original pressings. They can be imitated but not matched. Not to mention the sound quality. One major thing to mention is the sound quality. A bootleg will never have anywhere near as good sound quality as the original pressing. Old bootlegs may come close, but they are again obvious bootlegs sold in shops after originals were gone. Tommy Wright bootlegs & others booted tapes made in recent times have horrible sound quality versus the originals as they were repressed and redubbed repeatedly. People just assume online that the audio ripped and uploaded from these horrible bootlegs and "remastered" mp3s are what the originals sound like, and that is just not true. It's folks that have no idea about anything that continue to recycle the same misinformation about all of this.
I tend to slightly disagree about the tape rips, not 96/97, but I used to get a lot of Memphis tapes rips from IRC around 1998-2000 from this guy called dirtyred, he even had a site up at http://respublica.fr/dirtyred from 2000 onwards.

these are the ones I kept if anybody need some, just ask:
187_Family-Burial_Site-1996-dirtyRed
3mk-Killem_Dead-1996-dirtyRed
9_Tra_Family-Fully_Loaded-1997-dirtyRed
Blackout-Dreamworld-1995-dirtyRed
Children_of_the_Corn-The_Single-1995-dirtyRed
Criminal_Mafia-Crucifixion-1996-dirtyRed
Crucifix-Da_Clouds_In_Me-dirtyRed
DJ_Glock-Let_The_Gun_Smoke-1996-dirtyRed
Dirty_Red_&_Lil_Bay-Blood_In_Blood_Out-1995-dirtyRed
Gimisum_Family-Skinny_Pimp_Part_1-1994-dirtyRed
Gimisum_Family-Tha_Hoodaway-1996-dirtyRed
Gimisum_Family-The_All_New_Gimisum_Family-1995-dirtyRed
Juicy_J-Chronicles_Of_Da_Juicemanne-dirtyRed
Lil_Corb-Killa_From_The_Northside-dirtyRed
Lil_E-Playa_4_Life-dirtyRed
Lil_Gin-Shake_Junt-1995-dirtyRed
Lil_KuKu-KuKu_For_Them_Dollars-dirtyRed
Lil_Sko-Solo_Tape-dirtyRed
MC_Mack-Pimpin_As_A_Mack-1995-dirtyRed
MC_Mack-Tales_From_The_Mackside-1995-dirtyRed
MC_Mack_&_Devil_Shit_Productions-Compilation_For_Da_96-dirtyRed
MC_Money_&_Gangsta_Gold-Da_Heart_Of_Frayser-1995-dirtyRed
Manson_Family-Gram_Afta_Gram-1997-dirtyRed
Pretty_Tony-About_The_Money_Not_The_Honey-1996-dirtyRed
Reality_nka_C-Roc-Drama_Minded-1998-dirtyRed
S.M.K.-Inhale_Game-1998-dirtyRed
Skimask_Troopaz-Underground_Tape-dirtyRed
Tommy_Wright_III-Ashes_To_Ashes_Dust_To_Dust-1994-dirtyRed
Tommy_Wright_III-Memphis_Massacre_Mix-dirtyRed
Womack-Book_Of_Da_Dead-dirtyRed

Apr 25, 2011
Bootlegs and reissues bought in 2008 are awesomeness.

He has fakes and reissues.

Maybe he has a coupe of reals..

But every cat knows those cds were reproduced in 2008.

Oh yeah what a collection.

I pay like 7 bucks for that shit - sealed.

That is why I look for 50 a a time sealed.

They are all reprints - bootlegs.
Who and what are you talking about? I don't see anyone here owning, selling, or even talking about CD's from 2008. At first, I thought you were mistakenly typing the word "CD" instead of "Cassette" ..but then you kept doing it, and then you're were also using both words at the same time like they meant the same thing.. I was already confused with the shit you post, now I have no idea what the hell you're talking about. I can't even follow your thoughts here.

This thread is about underground TAPPEESS... I hope you realize that?! All this conversation was strictly regarding underground TAPPESS... covers, labeling, artwork, pressings... etc.. All talking about CASSETTEES

I'm beginning to wonder that this whole time you thought we were talking about CDs.. if that's the case I don't know where you learned how to read or comprehend English.. I never mentioned anything about owning or selling underground tapes on CDs anywhere in this thread.. But then you're also talking about actual tapes at the same time because you posted a random photo of somebody's tape. (which wasn;t even a bootleg btw) So I'm just lost. You have the be the most confusing individual on here. I really should just give up trying to understand anything from you, it's a job for a psychiatrist and I'm not licensed for that.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2011

Sunny Mack was with DJ Zirk way back in the day, he did production and Zirk did mixing and scratches at the shows. He also was featured on a gang of old mixtapes.

Jun 26, 2005
thanks for the info.

that "Portrait Of A Serial Killa" you mentioned. i'm guessing that's different than "The Serial Killaz" tape by DJ Paul & Lord Infamous? and if so, i guess that has never been leaked on the net. i think i have a cover for it, if it's the original cover. it's a dark background with the 2 of them standing there, holding something, it's hard to tell.

Apr 25, 2011
thanks for the info.

that "Portrait Of A Serial Killa" you mentioned. i'm guessing that's different than "The Serial Killaz" tape by DJ Paul & Lord Infamous? and if so, i guess that has never been leaked on the net. i think i have a cover for it, if it's the original cover. it's a dark background with the 2 of them standing there, holding something, it's hard to tell.
The tape is called "The Serial Killaz - Tha Portrait of a Serial Killa"

Apr 4, 2006
www.myspace.com

Your number sounds right bout highly doubt you have 626 - I would seriously buy them all from you if I thought they were OGG..... Then this cat came around in 2008 and he was converting everything so I could give two shits about memphis right now unless you got "OG" tapes from the mid to late 90's

Apr 25, 2011
Your number sounds right bout highly doubt you have 626 - I would seriously buy them all from you if I thought they were OGG..... Then this cat came around in 2008 and he was converting everything so I could give two shits about memphis right now unless you got "OG" tapes from the mid to late 90's
What you need to do is put down the pipe and go back and read every single post I have posted on this thread. I have NOTHING to do with any of your MP3 conversions of bootlegs or any audio on the internet. I have NEVER released ANY of our transfers. There also was NEVER a cat in 2008 that converted anything. What there was, was a cat named Pistol Creep that took all the BOOTLEGGED MP3s already available and then pressed them up in 2008 onto CDRs and sold thousands of those shit discs with his OWN ARTWORK. That was Memphiz Undaground Inc. Those discs NEED to go right in the GARBAGE, they are WORTHLESS. That guy was from Florida (Andres Hererra) and was just a kid who thought he could make money off of MP3s. He did NOT have ANY tapes, there was NO originals or even a cassette involved. He just took MP3's and put them on disc. If you don't understand this, read it twice. NOT FROM ORIGINAL TAPES, MISSING TRACKS, BAD AUDIO, = BULLSHIT CDRs = GARBAGE.

MY story ONCE AGAIN, I have worked in Memphis since day one. I have also purchased from Cat's, from Musiquarium, from multiple Pop Tunes as a teenager. Sold underground tapes right out of Ike's shop from 93-95 before going into business myself. I have accumulated thousands of inventory in multiple states, at one point I was moving a truckload of tapes and CD's from TN to KY when we opened our westside Louisville store in KY. I have also sold sealed CDs on Amazon and Ebay since 2001. This is all dealing with ACTUAL product... NOT ALL THIS BULLSHIT you keep talking about. The 646 underground tapes, I said that was just what I have ARCHIVED. Those tapes make up for about 300 different underground titles as there are many duplicates. Those are NOT MP3s, they are professionally transferred WAVs stored on a 6TB slaved HDD. Each cassette in the archive has been transferred 3 times using 3 different decks with different freqency response ratings. This is PROFESSIONAL ARCHIVING. They are transferred directly from each unit to a Solid State Recorder, then from the solid state recorder directly into the DAW. NO sound cards, NO adapters, NO amateur equipment. The Analog to Digital transfer process is about $10,000 or more worth of equipment and can be interchanged for Reel-to-Reel, vinyl, Dat, and 4-Track depending on the source needed. I have to service the source units once a year or bi-annually as they are constantly in use. The playback heads are realigned and demagnetized, and the transports calibrated to correct speed and playback azimuth manually adjusted per each new source. It's NOT an amateur, quick, or cheap process by any means, but done to ensure upmost quality for archvial. I use the same equipment and process for all our restoration and archiving services. Just because these items are cheap low quality tapes doesn't mean they don't deserve the same attention as the paid projects I am contracted for.

The 646 tapes I mentioned also excludes all the CD's and Vinyl I have archived from my personal collection. I was strictly talking tapes. As I also stated, it also EXCLUDES all the sealed inventory (Tapes, CDs, Vinyl) as well as boxes of multiples that do not need to be re-transferred. In reality I own thousands of tapes, CDs, and Vinyl. I also own half of all the inventory in our store in Louisville, as ALREADY stated. If you are still trying to compare me to some shit you see on the internet or some kids that slangs MP3 CD-Rs... YOU ARE 100% mistaken about me. I have absolutely NOTHING to do with any of that, leave ALL of that for the PRETEND COLLECTORS and PRETEND FANS that don't really give a shit about the music or the work involved.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2005
The tape is called "The Serial Killaz - Tha Portrait of a Serial Killa"
the reason i was wondering is because one pic i have looks like it's just called DJ Paul & Lord Infamous "The Serial Killaz". it has the 2 of them and 1 other guy standing next to a red car. and on the spine it just says The Serial Killaz Sinista Embassy Productions.

then i have another pic which looks to be an O.G. tape cover (but maybe it's not, i don't know), that is called The Serial Killaz "Tha Portrait Of A Serial Killa". it's got a dark background with the 2 of them standing there, holding something in their hands.

so, are these the same tapes, just different covers? or 1 cover is legit, and the other is not?

i would post them on here, but i don't know how to post pics. you've probably seen them anyway.

Apr 25, 2011
Ps. You don't know shit about that eight ball & mjg's grandmas nephews uncles cockroaches cousins tape only with no artwork. But it's mp3s has some Hawaiians belly dancers cousin on the artwork but it was never released but bootlegged on vynl only!!!
It's pretty hilarious that this thread went from simply a "for sale" thread into what it is now.. which is a plea of attention from an overly-confident, clearly illiterate, "almost got signed by Suave House," apparently major rep holding but also unknown "artist" from Chicago arguing with someone from Memphis about Memphis music. The guy can't even read, If anybody here has actually read thru this thread, it's essentially me repeating the same shit over and over and over in more words, and this guy is like "yo check this out I can't read so imma go put my cassette tape in my cd player and holler at you later, by the way everything is bootleg.." ... some shit that don't even make sense. I don't even know what he's saying 90% of his posts. The only part I semi-understood was when he randomly threw in a link to download his mixtape. Even that required a decifer.. can't even promote himself, should probably have took that deal from Eightball...

And If swoop been through been through the dumbshit and I;m done with it all... When and IF I feel like making rap music again,..

https://anonfiles.com/file/8def136f9...0bba104b35d021

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2004
It's pretty hilarious that this thread went from simply a "for sale" thread into what it is now.. which is a plea of attention from an overly-confident, clearly illiterate, "almost got signed by Suave House," apparently major rep holding but also unknown "artist" from Chicago arguing with someone from Memphis about Memphis music. The guy can't even read, If anybody here has actually read thru this thread, it's essentially me repeating the same shit over and over and over in more words, and this guy is like "yo check this out I can't read so imma go put my cassette tape in my cd player and holler at you later, by the way everything is bootleg.." ... some shit that don't even make sense. I don't even know what he's saying 90% of his posts. The only part I semi-understood was when he randomly threw in a link to download his mixtape. Even that required a decifer.. can't even promote himself, should probably have took that deal from Eightball...

Everything you just wrote was bootlegged. Lol

Apr 25, 2011
Also trying to decipher "Baby Swoop's" train of thought, he saw a photo I posted of Lil Corb's underground tape next to a CD, and then probably thought they were the same thing, because he doesn't know anything about Memphis. That CD is a COMPLETELY different studio released album from 2002 by Kamikaze Inc. In his mind: "What is that?.. must be bootleg."

This guy's lack of critical thinking combined with his unfortunate ability to type and lack of knowledge, should be one of the wonders of the world. Survival on the internet is hard life, they should really make a documentary.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2009
I am really getting an impression swoop187 is not well programmed ghetto-bot from chicago and some parts of his messages are just keep getting lost in a process of transfer from his mind to the main server of siccness, possible cause of this are either wrong cables or just slow processor (brain) anyway he should stop posting here immediately and go throw himself off a cliff with a steel sphere tied to his/it's? legs. Popular cliff jumping locations in the state of Illinois can be found by pointing an arrow of a pc mouse on the link below and pressing the left click-button (idiot-proof guide for swoop in case he was not programmed for such complicated tasks). I am pretty sure he would do a huge favor to this world.

http://thirstforadrenaline.com/cliff-diving/location/illinois.shtml

and yea I have been drinking a lot lately

Last edited: