MC Mack - Pimpin As A Mack (Memphis)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 4, 2006
www.myspace.com
This Guy Swoop187 has absolutely NO IDEA what the hell he is talking about. I swear he can't read either. He is straight talking right out of his ass and just keeps on going. If it were up to me I would just kick him off these boards for being a dumbass wanting to make a name for himself. He just said he was downloading Memphis rap in 1996, which is just straight up BS, clear as day. Ain't a damn person even had a CD burner or MP3 player in 1996!! Who the hell was hosting and streaming underground Memphis rap in 1996 from cassette tapes?? Earlier he was talking about DJ Zirk and "2 Tight Productions," the guy can't even get that right, It's 2 THICK Productions. This guy Swoop187 is just another one of those fools that downloads mp3s, browses youtube, and now thinks he knows what he's talking about. Now he's talking about he almost got signed to Suave House, I could give a shit what this guy says. I never heard of this guy and there's a reason why nobody else has either. Why should I believe anything he says. Guy also said he just sold a Lil Pen CD two days ago. Sure you did.

I just wrote this man like three times now to stop yapping about things he DOES NOT KNOW. He's not from Memphis, He was not buying underground tapes in the 90s, He can't even name artists and producers correctly, and his selfmade reputation he keeps trying to push on here is paper thin. DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS GUY, HE IS FULL OF IT. I can't be nice about this anymore. He is just straight up WRONG. If you want to talk about Chicago, I already told you, have at it. If somebody asks a question about Memphis, you need to be the DEAD LAST PERSON to answer them.

The large majority of Memphis underground TAPES originally had artwork, all the big names such as Squeeky tapes, Paul's tapes, Juicy's tapes, Skinny's tapes, they almost all came with artwork on the original presses in 94-95 and you will also hear them state that on the tapes themselves "buy the color cover originals." And from 96-98 almost everybody's tape releases had covers and/or special pressing traits such as imprinted ink on shell labels, color tapes, covers, colored ink etc. That was how they sold. You had to stand out to sell, and it was cheaper to produce them then. Anyone would buy a new tape that came packaged up, over a tape that didn't. This guy Swoop187 is also talking about underground Memphis tapes and CDs like they are the same thing. None of these original underground tapes were ever on CD when they were released, this guy is again just talking out of his ass and I will continue to call him out. All this fanmade artwork you see on the net today with all these bootlegged mp3s are all FANMADE as we discussed before. All these CD-Rs this guy Swoop187 was just planning to buy up on his other thread about 5 minutes ago are all fake late 00's bootlegs of bootlegs made by netbangers decades later. And yet this guy is spittin out his "knowledge" on original tapes?? They have absolutely NOTHING to do with the original tapes or releases. This guy just needs to shut up, as others have said over and over. I don't know why feels the need to talk about anything other than his own self. I have already explained in depth where all the different bootleg tapes came from and how TWIII especially, blew up the white sticker tape game that Swoop187 keeps referring to as originals. Those are not originals, those are mass produced bulk copies and he still sells them today.

To your question, Lil Grim tapes didn't have covers, I have most of his original tapes, and you can look me up I have plenty of pictures posted on FB, I'm not some guy just making things up as I go like somebody else on here. You can also ask Grim (Montreal Jamison) himself as he's on FB and Twitter, he no longer has any of his tapes. Grim was extremely low budget producing just for his HS and Coro Lake. However he did use color labels and color tapes etc, as did most everyone else even the lowest budget productions by producers. Actually You can ask just about any old producer anything as they are almost all online, they can answer any question you want, I have worked with many of them personally. You dont need to listen to what some wannabe i think i know everything fool has to say. Call up the source.

All this being said, plenty of original pressings if you take them away their cases and covers will just be a tape with a sticker. That is true. That doesn't mean it is a bootleg because somebody just has the tape and no cover. You can easily tell an original from a boot or imitation even if you only had the tape itself. Typesetting, font spacing, type of cassette, and font type cannot all be duplicated years later to match the original pressings. They can be imitated but not matched. Not to mention the sound quality. One major thing to mention is the sound quality. A bootleg will never have anywhere near as good sound quality as the original pressing. Old bootlegs may come close, but they are again obvious bootlegs sold in shops after originals were gone. Tommy Wright bootlegs & others booted tapes made in recent times have horrible sound quality versus the originals as they were repressed and redubbed repeatedly. People just assume online that the audio ripped and uploaded from these horrible bootlegs and "remastered" mp3s are what the originals sound like, and that is just not true. It's folks that have no idea about anything that continue to recycle the same misinformation about all of this.
Really because I don't stick fucking white labels on tapes and call them OG?

That's all 90% of Memphis music OG's are - a tape with a fucking white label..

These guys dubbed their own shit in the basement and then sold it - once it got popular THEN they went into distribution and production...

The Notion these guys came out of no where and started selling cds and eveyone loved them is bullshit.

Shit Three 6 Mafia is a perfect example.

Lets see if Mr. Memphis has any idea of how many members of Thee 6 there actually were?

You ever hear the track "triple Bitch Mafia" by "lil Fly" or better known as "Playa Fly" - why you think that diss happened?

Or why Tommy Wright III get his shit stolen.

Funny how I can give you those answers but Mr. Memphis cant.

Jan 27, 2006
Yes, Medicine Man originally ripped all the bootlegs from MTownbound site and Glock Mane bought em and later Pistol Creep as well. To put it simply, Glock Mane just put everything on the net from Medicine Man on Myspace etc and on all those mp3 forums, which started all that trading. And years later, Pistol Creep that bought DVD-ROMs from Medicine Man, took all the mp3s and made a business out of it getting them all CD-r'd up with Memphiz Undaground Inc and reselling them. But they all came from the same place, the same bootlegs. None of those were dealing directly from the originals. Still today the same shit gets cycled around. They may add a photo of the real tape and attach it to the mp3's to make it look like as if you were downloading the original tape or an "OG Rip", but all these guys today are just pushing around the same garbage for the most part. They just browse for new photos and reupload the same mp3s. All over youtube too.

DJ Sound did not professionally press any of his underground titles on CD. His original tapes did have custom covers, art etc. Player 1 in the mid to late 00's had audio cleaned up by Medicine Man using old bootlegs and new audio supplied from P1. I myself also later supplied tapes to Medicine Man after he contacted me, i was also thinking i would be dealing with DJ Sound directly for proper reissues, which i would greatly be a part of. However it was just Player 1 doing his hustle on Sound's behalf, Sound was not in the picture on any of that work. All those Frayser Click reissues are done by P1 and pressed up by Kunaki and CD Baby. The large majority are very bad quality audio and not worth your time. None were professionally mastered from the Master tapes and were bad audio to begin with. Whatever P1 had laying around ended up on CD-R. Don't bother with those, you're not supporting anybody but P1. I was not interested in contributing to any of that, after i saw what was going on his end.
Medicine Man sent me these conversions over aim -
Highway Hustlaz
Mysta Kang & Hit Man - Episode 1
Orange Juice Clique - Crazy Red
Owtlaw Tha Masque Mane - Devil Shit Chapta 1
Three Sides - Straight Trippin Pt 2
Z Dog & AK - Solo Tape

They say Medicine Man Rip Hoe in the title. I didn't pay for anything. Medicine Man had a discography I can't find any of his CDs online but theres this on datpiff Medicine Man - Smoke A Sack Vol 2 // Free Mixtape @ DatPiff.com

Medicine Man was updating me on projects which was cool. He linked me to a junt on cdbaby but it aint there anymore? It was a female rapper called Peaches. Pretty sure they made a video for one of the songs on the album. Might of been one of these albums -
Lite Green Records Presents Peaches 2007
DJ Sound Presents Ms Peaches Vol.1

Apr 4, 2006
www.myspace.com
http://https://anonfiles.com/file/8def136f95bda9402c0bba104b35d021
Highway Hustlaz
Z Dog & AK - Solo Tape

They say Medicine Man Rip Hoe in the title. I didn't pay for anything. Medicine Man had a discography I can't find any of his CDs online but theres this on datpiff Medicine Man - Smoke A Sack Vol 2 // Free Mixtape @ DatPiff.com

Medicine Man was updating me on projects which was cool. He linked me to a junt on cdbaby but it aint there anymore? It was a female rapper called Peaches. Pretty sure they made a video for one of the songs on the album. Might of been one of these albums -
And If swoop been through been through the dumbshit and I;m done with it all... When and IF I feel like making rap music again,..

https://anonfiles.com/file/8def136f95bda9402c0bba104b35d021

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2011
Memphis, TN Louisville, KY
Really because I don't stick fucking white labels on tapes and call them OG?

That's all 90% of Memphis music OG's are - a tape with a fucking white label..

These guys dubbed their own shit in the basement and then sold it - once it got popular THEN they went into distribution and production...

The Notion these guys came out of no where and started selling cds and eveyone loved them is bullshit.

Shit Three 6 Mafia is a perfect example.

Lets see if Mr. Memphis has any idea of how many members of Thee 6 there actually were?

You ever hear the track "triple Bitch Mafia" by "lil Fly" or better known as "Playa Fly" - why you think that diss happened?

Or why Tommy Wright III get his shit stolen.

Funny how I can give you those answers but Mr. Memphis cant.
More talkin out your ass and throwing out random incorrect info. Once again, you're talking about things you've never seen, dealt with, or been involved with.

1) Three 6 Mafia did not come out of nowhere making CDs and people loved them. Nor did anyone else out of Memphis. Nobody here or anywhere stated anything like that.

2) NOBODY dubbed there own tapes in their basement. You pulled this right out of your ass. Underground tapes were prevalent in Memphis since the late 80s. DJ Spanish Fly and Soni D was pushing tapes in stores before anyone else locally. If you want to talk about DJ Paul for example, he was mixing and passing mixtapes in HS. His first actual production tape with Lord Infamous was professionally pressed with artwork and sold in stores "Portrait of a Serial Killer." From 4 track cassette mixed down to a 2CH master tape, brought to a local duplicator, ordered up, typeset, duplicated, and packaged for sale in stores. That was how every single producer in Memphis made their tapes. The only folks "dubbing in their basement" were bootleggers. And once again, anybody selling anything in stores had there tapes professionally pressed and duplicated especially on first appearances, Skinny Pimp & 211, AL Kapone, etc. Whether is was a sticker laber or an imprint, underground mixtapes were dealt the same way. Taking the master tape to duplicate preloaded tapes at the duplicator. Sticker labels were cheapest pressed on normal bias cassettes. Many chose to have first presses imprinted/pad printed on HQ chrome tapes. Original bootleggers ran tapes all the time, and they used speech grade tapes, white shells, dot matrix POS printers for labeling, the cheapest methods to quickly make bulk and push them. Original tapes were much higher quality. Just because you can't find any original covers or tapes during your 10 minute expert youtube investigation, doesn't mean they didn't exist. You just don't know enough about any of it.

The notion you're trying to push is that Memphis is different than any other city and artists here aren't & weren't capable of creating music and moving them properly. They just sat in there house like good poor folks and dubbed thousands of cassettes by hand and took em all to every store in town. That is complete BULLSHIT. The reality is Memphis has long been a music based city. It was extremely easy for anyone to start up independently here for any genre of music, and there has always been a huge support of independent music. The tools, services, local skillsets, and common knowledge regarding music production has always been vastly available here to everyone. That's why when you look up Memphis today you see thousands of independent artists and producers, many very successful, all coming from humble beginnings. Rap and g-funk genre was not an exception. We have our own national distribution company that was available to everyone, hundreds of studios available if you could afford it. You're saying that folks eager to create and sell music independently just ignored all the available services, opportunities, and tools there were right in there face to spend time and money making projects just to dub cassettes themselves and think that anybody would even buy them. Like anything else, if you wanted to sell units in stores you had to make a product that people would buy. And independent releases and underground tapes were very easy and affordable if you were serious about doing so. And these producers were, which is why you still know who they are today. Bootleggers knew that as well.

3) How many people are in Triple 6 Mafia? There plenty of rappers who were affiliated with 666 Mafia what the hell does that have to do with anything. And why would you think you are the only person aware of this, ... you're sitting there playing mp3 or watching a video on YT.. I could walk downstairs and pop in the damn tapes.

Just stop saying anything, i really get tired of hearing all the pointless nonsense you have to say. This thread was to help sell a few tapes I offered to sell that would not be available otherwise. Having to go back and forth with your bullshit is not helpful to anyone and is annoying as hell. It's like your challenging and you have absolutely nothing on your side to show for it. Like a fly in my ear, just fly away already.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2011
Highway Hustlaz
Z Dog & AK - Solo Tape

Yea Medicine Man has his little label Med Man Records in the later 00's, he had a few solo projects and artist albums like Lil Kingpin, he also produced for Creep Lo and others before working with Player 1. The little work I did with him was with P1 on his Lite Green Records. Which was essentially just a game to make money of Sounds old tapes and push low quality product. Med was also under the impression he was working for Sound and he was basically doing all the work (audio, design, editing etc) and P1 was just taking in the cash, paying very little to have it pressed up. Med did the whole Straight Outta Frayser DVD and CD as well. I didn't really know what was going on at that time I wasn't involved then but P1 said he felt Med took Peaches away from him, and Med said he was tired of doing charity work and I hear him on that. They split up and then that was that. I wasn't interested in doing any work myself unless I was dealing directly with Sound. P1 just made sure that didn't happen. Then he just straight up told me on the phone he doesn't even talk to Sound anymore and they don't get along. I was like this is just a waste of time. I haven't really talked to either of them since. Then I was sitting there watching all the ridiculous things P1 was selling too, all sorts of fake items and worthless junk for hundreds of dollars. Just goes to show what was really going on there

Apr 4, 2006
www.myspace.com
More talkin out your ass and throwing out random incorrect info. Once again, you're talking about things you've never seen, dealt with, or been involved with.

1) Three 6 Mafia did not come out of nowhere making CDs and people loved them. Nor did anyone else out of Memphis. Nobody here or anywhere stated anything like that.

2) NOBODY dubbed there own tapes in their basement. You pulled this right out of your ass. Underground tapes were prevalent in Memphis since the late 80s. DJ Spanish Fly and Soni D was pushing tapes in stores before anyone else locally. If you want to talk about DJ Paul for example, he was mixing and passing mixtapes in HS. His first actual production tape with Lord Infamous was professionally pressed with artwork and sold in stores "Portrait of a Serial Killer." From 4 track cassette mixed down to a 2CH master tape, brought to a local duplicator, ordered up, typeset, duplicated, and packaged for sale in stores. That was how every single producer in Memphis made their tapes. The only folks "dubbing in their basement" were bootleggers. And once again, anybody selling anything in stores had there tapes professionally pressed and duplicated especially on first appearances, Skinny Pimp & 211, AL Kapone, etc. Whether is was a sticker laber or an imprint, underground mixtapes were dealt the same way. Taking the master tape to duplicate preloaded tapes at the duplicator. Sticker labels were cheapest pressed on normal bias cassettes. Many chose to have first presses imprinted/pad printed on HQ chrome tapes. Original bootleggers ran tapes all the time, and they used speech grade tapes, white shells, dot matrix POS printers for labeling, the cheapest methods to quickly make bulk and push them. Original tapes were much higher quality. Just because you can't find any original covers or tapes during your 10 minute expert youtube investigation, doesn't mean they didn't exist. You just don't know enough about any of it.

The notion you're trying to push is that Memphis is different than any other city and artists here aren't & weren't capable of creating music and moving them properly. They just sat in there house like good poor folks and dubbed thousands of cassettes by hand and took em all to every store in town. That is complete BULLSHIT. The reality is Memphis has long been a music based city. It was extremely easy for anyone to start up independently here for any genre of music, and there has always been a huge support of independent music. The tools, services, local skillsets, and common knowledge regarding music production has always been vastly available here to everyone. That's why when you look up Memphis today you see thousands of independent artists and producers, many very successful, all coming from humble beginnings. Rap and g-funk genre was not an exception. We have our own national distribution company that was available to everyone, hundreds of studios available if you could afford it. You're saying that folks eager to create and sell music independently just ignored all the available services, opportunities, and tools there were right in there face to spend time and money making projects just to dub cassettes themselves and think that anybody would even buy them. Like anything else, if you wanted to sell units in stores you had to make a product that people would buy. And independent releases and underground tapes were very easy and affordable if you were serious about doing so. And these producers were, which is why you still know who they are today. Bootleggers knew that as well.

2) How many people are in Triple 6 Mafia? There plenty of rappers who were affiliated with 666 Mafia what the hell those that have to do with anything. And why would you think you are the only person aware of this, ... you're sitting there playing mp3 or watching a video on YT.. I could walk downstairs and pop in the damn tapes.

3) Just stop saying anything, i really get tired of hearing all the pointless nonsense you have to say. This thread was to help sell a few tapes I offered to sell that would not be available otherwise. Having to go back and forth with your bullshit is not helpful to anyone and is annoying as hell. It's like your challenging and you have absolutely nothing on your side to show for it. Like a fly in my ear, just fly away already.
Your knowledge is hilarious...

It's almost like you're lying to spite me or pretend I don't understand the Memphis scene as much as you think you do.

Why the fuck would ANYONE make tapes with white labels while you sit here and claim these cats have all this production money?

Dude I have made tapes in my basement, burnt my own cds and made my own covers - that shit was hard to do in 1992-1995 and you expect me some memphis cats were doing that shit before me - throwing labels on fucking tapes?

They had cheap labels but plenty of money for cd covers?

Apr 25, 2011
Your knowledge is hilarious...

It's almost like you're lying to spite me or pretend I don't understand the Memphis scene as much as you think you do.

Why the fuck would ANYONE make tapes with white labels while you sit here and claim these cats have all this production money?

Dude I have made tapes in my basement, burnt my own cds and made my own covers - that shit was hard to do in 1992-1995 and you expect me some memphis cats were doing that shit before me - throwing labels on fucking tapes?

They had cheap labels but plenty of money for cd covers?
What's hilarious is that you are considering yourself remotely relevant that you equally compare your BS work to anyone else's... that's what's funny. What's also funny is that you yourself made a thread not a week ago specifically telling everyone here you wanted to purchase OG underground tapes from Memphis.. then I put up a sale for a few tapes along with a post on here.. and what do you know.. Now you're disgusted by OG memphis tapes.. You're essentially an internet troll, but the extra crispy retarded kind.

I could also take my time to go and look up all the other ridiculous things you've posted on these boards, but I'm sure somebody else would have much more enjoyment doing that, I honestly just do not care.

This shit is not a mystery. 80% or more of all the people that made the 90's in Memphis ARE STILL AROUND and STILL MAKING MUSIC. It's not some fantasy secret land that disappeared and everybody died off. You don't have to hear anything from my mouth, there's plenty of others from the game to speak about it. You're so intrigued and stubborn at the same damn time, I feel like I'm scolding at my damn kid. Get off the damn internetland and go do your own research. I know what I'm talking about and I can back it up 5 ways to Friday. Nobody, not a single person, including myself is remotely interested in what you 'think you believe you know' about anything. You can continue thinking whatever the hell you want about things you have no experience with, and I can continue to know you're complete fool about every bit of it. I'm perfectly fine with staying right there at that too.

"Have Fun Wit Yoself" ..That's what my homie always said after he whooped an ass.

Last edited:

InDO

Sicc OG
Nov 2, 2005
you know if that lil sko - u know tha sko album dropped on cd ?
i remember grim wrote a review way back about it on his bloq.

May 27, 2006
inhoe just bootlegged 3 tapes in a row (J La Rue, Young Pone, Black Hole Of Watts) by downloading mp3s from the internet and pressing em on cd. he is currently selling those, shitting on the artists that he never talked to and also on all the people buying them thinking he has official rights and official data for those releases. and he is on here talkin like nothing happened?

and mistamanne be sure inhoe aka phillipp geibel would bootleg any memphis tape that he thinks he can make a win off and the artists are not around and won't realize it so he won't get sued.

this are his facebook accounts:
https://www.facebook.com/philipp.geibel.1
https://www.facebook.com/ceo.droptopmusic
https://www.facebook.com/WORLDOFGFUNK

as long as people not just disrespect him wherever he appears all the bootleggin will continue, years ago he was like that and it all gets worse because still some people who know what he does talk to him.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2006
www.myspace.com
What's hilarious is that you are considering yourself remotely relevant that you equally compare your BS work to anyone else's... that's what's funny. What's also funny is that you yourself made a thread not a week ago specifically telling everyone here you wanted to purchase OG underground tapes from Memphis.. then I put up a sale for a few tapes along with a post on here.. and what do you know.. Now you're disgusted by OG memphis tapes.. You're essentially an internet troll, but the extra crispy retarded kind.

I could also take my time to go and look up all the other ridiculous things you've posted on these boards, but I'm sure somebody else would have much more enjoyment doing that, I honestly just do not care.

This shit is not a mystery. 80% or more of all the people that made the 90's in Memphis ARE STILL AROUND and STILL MAKING MUSIC. It's not some fantasy secret land that disappeared and everybody died off. You don't have to hear anything from my mouth, there's plenty of others from the game to speak about it. You're so intrigued and stubborn at the same damn time, I feel like I'm scolding at my damn kid. Get off the damn internetland and go do your own research. I know what I'm talking about and I can back it up 5 ways to Friday. Nobody, not a single person, including myself is remotely interested in what you 'think you believe you know' about anything. You can continue thinking whatever the hell you want about things you have no experience with, and I can continue to know you're complete fool about every bit of it. I'm perfectly fine with staying right there at that too.

"Have Fun Wit Yoself" ..That's what my homie always said after he whooped an ass.
Yeah, I only grew up in a recording studio and understand how funding and production works.... You know how to work an 8 bus, pro tools or even a fucking MPC?

ok...

Oh not to mention funding for artwork???

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2006
www.myspace.com
inhoe just bootlegged 3 tapes in a row (J La Rue, Young Pone, Black Hole Of Watts) by downloading mp3s from the internet and pressing em on cd. he is currently selling those, shitting on the artists that he never talked to and also on all the people buying them thinking he has official rights and official data for those releases. and he is on here talkin like nothing happened?

and mistamanne be sure inhoe aka phillipp geibel would bootleg any memphis tape that he thinks he can make a win off and the artists are not around and won't realize it so he won't get sued.

this are his facebook accounts:
https://www.facebook.com/philipp.geibel.1
https://www.facebook.com/ceo.droptopmusic
https://www.facebook.com/WORLDOFGFUNK

as long as people not just disrespect him wherever he appears all the bootleggin will continue, years ago he was like that and it all gets worse because still some people who know what he does talk to him.
People have been stealing that shit for decades now and "claiming" they have rights.....Any dude with a half ass knowledge of photochopp could do a cover.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2011
Yeah, I only grew up in a recording studio and understand how funding and production works.... You know how to work an 8 bus, pro tools or even a fucking MPC?

ok...

Oh not to mention funding for artwork???
I was hoping you'd say something like this..

I'm an engineer. I own 2 operational studios, as well as I co-own the only relevant independent & urban music shop remaining in Louisville, KY; Better Days West. I have worked in multiple ends of music production as well as business, I've moved thru many changes in technology over a number of years, specialized in transitioning from analog into digital workstations and formats. I've worked with sales & distribution as a youngster at Ike's old record shop in Memphis, and developed my skillsets in engineering, production, mixing and mastering. Both on analog and digital mediums. I have worked with all sorts of independent artists, producers, and engineers in TN, KY, and Mississippi. I've been everywhere in the South now; Houston, NOLA, ATL, and have met plenty of folks and experienced music production and unmatchable talents in their primes and at the source. Collecting and professionally archiving music is something that just happened as a biproduct of my years of working. These days I enjoy taking time out of my schedule to help others experience and/or re-experience the talents and entertainment that made my youth in music. I launched a personal project to do just that for Memphis, completely self funded. I could sit here like you on a computer and try to show off what I bought on the internet, or what I used to own, or act like I know everything about everything, commenting and answering on everyone's questions and acting the part for every role imaginable for a netbanger. But I don't have time to waste being a dumbass, I have work to do. I pay taxes in two states. Next contract I have is in Arkansas for 12 weeks, what are you doing with your time?

They say live by yo rep where I come from. I don't know what the hell they were saying round your way.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2011
Do people no understand

Anyone want to buy any Memphis tapes from a shady dude with an old school 70's style tap dubber? I think he sells white labels too.
I don't know why you posted someone's random tape image. Or who you are talking about that's selling it. But that's a Promo copy of Playalistic Compilation, that's not even a bootleg or even King JC's repressing. It's the actual promo tape... God you got to be kidding me. That was a free tape!

If it's ban-able offense to troll threads with stupidity, I don't know what's taking so long.

Apr 4, 2006
www.myspace.com

I'm an engineer. I own 2 operational studios, as well as I co-own the only relevant independent & urban music shop remaining in Louisville, KY; Better Days West. I have worked in multiple ends of music production as well as business, I've moved thru many changes in technology over a number of years, specialized in transitioning from analog into digital workstations and formats. I've worked with sales & distribution as a youngster at Ike's old record shop in Memphis, and developed my skillsets in engineering, production, mixing and mastering. Both on analog and digital mediums. I have worked with all sorts of independent artists, producers, and engineers in TN, KY, and Mississippi. I've been everywhere in the South now; Houston, NOLA, ATL, and have met plenty of folks and experienced music production and unmatchable talents in their primes and at the source. Collecting and professionally archiving music is something that just happened as a biproduct of my years of working. These days I enjoy taking time out of my schedule to help others experience and/or re-experience the talents and entertainment that made my youth in music. I launched a personal project to do just that for Memphis, completely self funded. I could sit here like you on a computer and try to show off what I bought on the internet, or what I used to own, or act like I know everything about everything, commenting and answering on everyone's questions and acting the part for every role imaginable for a netbanger. But I don't have time to waste being a dumbass, I have work to do. I pay taxes in two states. Next contract I have is in Arkansas for 12 weeks, what are you doing with your time?

They say live by yo rep where I come from. I don't know what the hell they were saying round your way.
Yet you never heard of Swoop187 or Baby Swoop?

As far as crossing over from analog to digital - it was easy, as a matter of fact from time to time I mesh the both together.....Now, I'm not going to call you old here but only the older cats have a difficult time transitioning from 32 track or Boss to a computer.... My dad cant seem to grasp it - but I could work both ways and feel comfortable and in my zone...

Shit I been been mixing since before rap was ever a reality..... I started out with hair bands and eventually started producing rap - but not just rap but everything I think sounds good.

Hell, even as an artist I was signed and numerous labels wanted me to work with them - I suppose I'm more of a loner tho, but I am always the producer - I know it sounds arrogant but I am and that is probably why I denied or rejected every deal thrown at me or outright denied it.....

Yes I denied more record deals as a rapper, producer and instrumental maker you can count on both hands.....

A lot of people would ask why?

Because most record deals are shit.

You would be better off doing it alone - and that is honesty.

You want .5% of your hit track or 75%?

When you sign a deal you're signing your music away unless you have a clause that details royalties....

In the end the artist will end up owing the record company that raped them.

Apr 4, 2006
www.myspace.com
I don't know why you posted someone's random tape image. Or who you are talking about that's selling it. But that's a Promo copy of Playalistic Compilation, that's not even a bootleg or even King JC's repressing. It's the actual promo tape... God you got to be kidding me. That was a free tape!

If it's ban-able offense to troll threads with stupidity, I don't know what's taking so long.
Because that is the typical "OG" from Memphis...

Jun 24, 2006

Better Days West was my shit when I lived out there. Wish I could get back out there to dig.

Apr 25, 2011
Because that is the typical "OG" from Memphis...
There you go again.. What in the hell is a "typical OG from Memphis"?? Do you just make up your own reality for everything you don't know. You never been in Memphis to buy anything original, how in the hell would you know what anything looks like??

Even that being said, what genius is going to bootleg the promo tape and then straight up put "promo tape" right on the label? You really amaze me with the most ridiculous ideas and statements, seriously.

I really don't got time for much more of it, but here's the actual release tape. And for people reading thru this thread, it might actually be pretty informative so long as you make sure to skip over anything "Baby Swoop" says.

Attachments

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2006
www.myspace.com
I own at least a dozen Memphis tapes, been in the game for 20 years producing and hustling music and I don't know shit because a few of you have artwork on your shit?

Is my Skinny Pimp with the arwork OG or is my lil Fly tape OG?

How about lil corb.

Dj Zirk

How about the those Paul and J tapes?

Mixerr

Mixerr Reviews
Nov 17, 2012
Austin, Texas, US
www.facebook.com
I own at least a dozen Memphis tapes, been in the game for 20 years producing and hustling music and I don't know shit because a few of you have artwork on your shit?

Is my Skinny Pimp with the arwork OG or is my lil Fly tape OG?

How about lil corb.

Dj Zirk

How about the those Paul and J tapes?
Lil Corb is even more rare!