Lake to the Bay Cd

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

DaGrimProphet

English Gentleman
Dec 23, 2014
UK
The post was into a rap trading group with a message like "who would spend that on one CD"

Just checkin cuz I have the dude as my friend and wanted to know if it was you

Aug 26, 2002
Hard Times
The post was into a rap trading group with a message like "who would spend that on one CD"

Just checkin cuz I have the dude as my friend and wanted to know if it was you

Yeah I put a crazy price just to get attention. No clue what it's worth. I mean it's a crazy rare regional rap cd with bay features. Gotta be worth something .

Aug 26, 2002
Hard Times
I've had this sitting on eBay at 1500 for a minute. I know that's a crazy price but I just wanted to grab attention. I've gotten some 900-$1000 offers but I almost guarantee those folks are going to bootleg it as a rare regional g-funk cd.. (Which it is) . Honestly this cd is pretty dope. But I'd rather sell it to a collector than a Phillip hoebell. Any thoughts or suggestions? There's zero info or snippets of this album online, at least that j could find.

DaGrimProphet

English Gentleman
Dec 23, 2014
UK
I've had this sitting on eBay at 1500 for a minute. I know that's a crazy price but I just wanted to grab attention. I've gotten some 900-$1000 offers but I almost guarantee those folks are going to bootleg it as a rare regional g-funk cd.. (Which it is) . Honestly this cd is pretty dope. But I'd rather sell it to a collector than a Phillip hoebell. Any thoughts or suggestions? There's zero info or snippets of this album online, at least that j could find.
Dont sell it gaybell cuz you know what he will do, but some private collectors pay a shitload of money for rare CDs... a copy of Hitcha - the life I lead recently sold for $1500. I also heard gaybell just download rips and artwork scans instead of buying em, so you may be turning down a serious collector or Mac Dre fan.

May 27, 2006
that's cool it's someone from siccness with this cd. i saw it on ebay and thought it's dope there is still unknown mac dre features released before his death. on top from such a random place.

i'm sure u can get a lot for it not just but especially because of the mac dre feature. there was this other salt lake city cd from around the same time with plenty cali features (not mac dre tho) which sold over 1000$ once in japan. called federation mobstaz:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zza773T1uTA
the label (young c major dropped his first cd on the same label, some of ya'll might know him, his cd had mac dre on it too and lots of other big name cali ppl) had a couple copies left and after all those got sold too the price now is down to like 150-200$ (btw if anyone needs a sealed copy i still got 1 for 100$ shipped) but when it got auctioned first in japan it sold over 1000$. so i'm sure you can get a similar price for your cd as a rare local release from the same place/period with cali features, especially the mac dre feature which will attract a wholenota clientel too.

and i wouldn't worry too much about the gaybel type punks, there is a few but majority of the ebay users won't do shit like that. if u have a high offer from japan i would accept it.
still would be dope if u could post a scan of the cd bottom so ppl can see the og ringcode and are prepared for all eventualities. dope find no matter what, hope you get a good price for it, definitly a special cd for rare oop g-funk collectors.

May 27, 2006
this the mac dre feature young c major had. 2007 is the rlsdate of the rerelease, it first came out in 2000 like your cd. dat's dope mac dre was grindin in utah around the new millenium...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkSVL6G4e4M

maybe even recorded the same session the track from your cd was done since has beesh & dubee on it aswell. and your cd got c major on other tracks too so the affiliation was there.

Aug 26, 2002
Hard Times
that's cool it's someone from siccness with this cd. i saw it on ebay and thought it's dope there is still unknown mac dre features released before his death. on top from such a random place.

i'm sure u can get a lot for it not just but especially because of the mac dre feature. there was this other salt lake city cd from around the same time with plenty cali features (not mac dre tho) which sold over 1000$ once in japan. called federation mobstaz:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zza773T1uTA

the label (young c major dropped his first cd on the same label, some of ya'll might know him, his cd had mac dre on it too and lots of other big name cali ppl) had a couple copies left and after all those got sold too the price now is down to like 150-200$ (btw if anyone needs a sealed copy i still got 1 for 100$ shipped) but when it got auctioned first in japan it sold over 1000$. so i'm sure you can get a similar price for your cd as a rare local release from the same place/period with cali features, especially the mac dre feature which will attract a wholenota clientel too.

and i wouldn't worry too much about the gaybel type punks, there is a few but majority of the ebay users won't do shit like that. if u have a high offer from japan i would accept it.

still would be dope if u could post a scan of the cd bottom so ppl can see the og ringcode and are prepared for all eventualities. dope find no matter what, hope you get a good price for it, definitly a special cd for rare oop g-funk collectors.

I'm going to take better photos, I'll definitely post the ring code. It's a pretty dope cd overall. Been playing it a bunch.

May 12, 2002
www.glmc.gemm.com
Yeap that's a rare cd right there. Can't even remember seein that.

Am I right in thinkin YOung C-Major's Ice Cold Frio album was a cd-r release to begin with in 2000? I'm lookin at the album art on google images and i recall it being completely different. Im prolly just trippin,

I had Kaotic's cd outta Utah which had both Mac Dre & Young C-Major, also that Federation Mobstaz album which was Hogg Boss, Major & Demon's rap group. Besides bein from Salt Lake City, it was pretty much a NOrth Bay rap album it had serious features and production on it!

Real good find there, Lambo you got a pic you could find for the Young C Major album cover you have/had ? If it's exactly the same as the pics on google images i.e. white text (not the purple/blue text one as that's def. the re) don't worry!

May 27, 2006
yes fed mobstaz was c-major, hogg boss & mak demon old crew. hogg boss released his debut cd on the same label aswell, actually it was the first release from the label (hogg boss cd came first, then c-major followed by fed mobstaz). all 3 have a strong bay area influenced sound and plenty of features from the west. even later those ppl was down heavy with westcoast rappers. since we talk mac dre, the 2nd hogg boss cd has a mac dre feature too. but dat was released after his death and on a different label if i'm right:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwLK_MRRe6o

and the ice cold frio version from 2000 is factory pressed no cd-r and yup has the same cover as you posted while the rerelase like you said has blue text. maybe there is 3 versions but i just know those 2.

kaotic, tru another salt lake city release with mac dre feature forgot about dat. do you know if his label released anything before and if the chino compilation ever came out?

Aug 26, 2002
Hard Times
Thanks homies. Yeah I bought it a long time ago and it mostly sat on my shelf. I started listening to it and liked it a lot so I went to find out more about it and could find 0 info, so i knew it was rare for sure, thanks for all the back ground im gonna check out that ice cold frio album.

DaGrimProphet

English Gentleman
Dec 23, 2014
UK
Thanks homies. Yeah I bought it a long time ago and it mostly sat on my shelf. I started listening to it and liked it a lot so I went to find out more about it and could find 0 info, so i knew it was rare for sure, thanks for all the back ground im gonna check out that ice cold frio album.
Do you remember where or when you got it?