Insane and D Mack - Looking Fo The Dopeman - BAY CLASSIC finally remastered on CD

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

BO$$

Sicc OG
Mar 15, 2011
description has to be more exact homie. at least identify it like Indo did on his auction.

~ sometimes "og" gets misrepresented. OG to real collectors means the OG press. If the seller meant first time on original CD release, then mention it. Otherwise its misleading information.

Insane D Mack Lookin fo The Dopeman 1995 Fresno G Funk Super Dope | eBay
That stuff can get confusing. Like he could mean it's not a bootleg, but yeah... (he's trying to find a sucker).

InDO @InDO - Fresno's like 3 hours or more from the bay bro, but I put this up their with that bay sound from back then! Might cop both your releases from rapbay.

Last edited:
Props: InDO

BO$$

Sicc OG
Mar 15, 2011
LOL What's with some of these comments?

yes indeed, but like you say its defintily very influenced by the Bay Area Sound.
Well I guess that's what I meant to say. It has that classic bay & 209 sound. Fresno was the 209 area back then.

Jul 7, 2005
www.mintunderground.com
!!!warning!!!banned accounts coming soon!!!

There are going to be some banned/deleted accounts, if the hijack/purposely sabotaging of other siccness members thread continues.

You are more than welcome to post all of the relevant information and/or debates as you would like to about this item.

Most posts on this thread have had absolutely nothing to do with the thread and it's topic. These post are obviously in their nature/intent...and that's to sabotage this thread.

Stop the hijacking!!!

Please stay on topic...and/or create your own thread and talk as much as you would like to about the item(s) that you would like to discuss.

Last edited:
Props: L-wood
Jul 22, 2010
just out of interest, who actually re released this? Is it Drop Top Music or Premier Records? Or something else... is Premier Records now known as Drop Top Music?

InDO

Sicc OG
Nov 2, 2005
Its Drop Top Music. Premier Records is based in Japan and a Sublabel by 2 Tight Music.Its distributed in Japan by Premier Records thats why the Labellogo will appear on it.

Jan 6, 2003
How can that be correct? You/Premier records have bought the rights to re-release it so it's definitely not Drop Top Music. Or am I wrong? The Insane/D-mack album hasn't got any premier logo on it and you didn't press two different batches -one for Japan and one for the rest of the world.

when you convert and stretch the cassette cover like that you only feed the ebay sharks who will list this as a "OG first pressing gangsta rap bay area CD from 95" and make the first 2-3 sellers make a lot of money off it because ppl think it's from back then. If you add your logo to it it would be more correct, wouldn't it? It's the same thing about your G-slimm re-release. You bought the right to repress the album so why don't you add your own logo to it to avoid bootleg/shady release rumours. the main goal with releases like these should be making a name for Premier Records to hype your own upcoming releases, not give publicity to some dead label from the mid 90s...

Jul 22, 2010
I hear you Flow, I agree about putting a new label/logo somewhere on the reprints would be best imo... but at very least at least some of this re-issue stuff is becoming a little clearer, for what it's worth..

I had to ask the question about Drop Top Music & Premier Records because I noticed the cd matrix on G-Slimm, Young Ace and Inane/D-Mack cds are all from the same presser. So I just wanted to know what the deal is with who is reponsible for each release...

InDO

Sicc OG
Nov 2, 2005
How can that be correct? You/Premier records have bought the rights to re-release it so it's definitely not Drop Top Music. Or am I wrong? The Insane/D-mack album hasn't got any premier logo on it and you didn't press two different batches -one for Japan and one for the rest of the world.

when you convert and stretch the cassette cover like that you only feed the ebay sharks who will list this as a "OG first pressing gangsta rap bay area CD from 95" and make the first 2-3 sellers make a lot of money off it because ppl think it's from back then. If you add your logo to it it would be more correct, wouldn't it? It's the same thing about your G-slimm re-release. You bought the right to repress the album so why don't you add your own logo to it to avoid bootleg/shady release rumours. the main goal with releases like these should be making a name for Premier Records to hype your own upcoming releases, not give publicity to some dead label from the mid 90s...

Hey Flow,

so for your correct understanding.Shu Murayama and me founded Premier Records as a based in Japan Record Label this Year and released the Scoot Dogg Project on it.After that i wasnt feeling comfortable getting evrything pressed up in japan and i didnt have any Visibility on the Sales ,aswell letting them make the covers and some other Points,which really made me feel uncomfortable with the Situation, so i founded my own Label Drop Top Music and agreed with Shu Muryama that evrything from now on will run under my Label Drop Top Music but will have Premier Records as execlusive Distributor for the whole Japan Area, thats why you will see both Logos on the future Releases, the Drop Top Music Logo and the Premier Records Logo.
I never said i leased the Rights under Premier Records , where do you have that Info from?
Second thing, directly when i released the Insane and D-mack cd i sold it evrywhere for a Price of 19.99$ and clearly stated it as a 2012 CD Version .i know that 2 Cds been sold for 60$ on Ebay but at the same time it was on Ebay for 19.99$ buyitnow and people used this Option, i cant explain it to myself how somebody could overlook it.
I defintily made a wrong Decision not putting my Logos on it.thats true, on the next Release both Logos will be on it.Now i got a Question to evrybody reeading this,as a matter of Fact you should write down the Copyright year on a phonogram artwork, which is in this case old, for example Insane and Dmacks Copyright go back to 1995 as you know.But should there be the publishing Year also on the backside? i asked around and some did want it and some not.i know its nothing big but would be curious , how you guys think about it.thanks for any help.

Oh Ye and last thing , i didnt stretch the Covers Flow,if you compare the Tape Artwork to the Cd Artwork then you will see that even the Car and evrything else stays in the same propotions, i worked with photoshop CS6 and recreated the Background even on some parts.was alot of work ,its defintily not just stretched.

Last edited:
Props: Flowjob
Jul 22, 2010
In my opinion, on reissues having the original artwork is great, but it would be good to have the re-issuer label name added somewhere via a logo or something... and maybe tweak a few things like have original year slash reissue year printed on there... for example (c)1995/2012 Drop Top Music... something like that, or even leave artwork year as is and just add the reissue year right in there with the logo. That way those interested know the OG year of the music, and the reissue year as well. And if you have your own catalogue number for the release for that to be printed on spines would be good too, but maybe not as crucial as having a reissue year on there. example - say its your second release on Drop Top music you could have something like DTM-002, then next release DTM-003 and so on... Anyway, thats my opinions, take or leave..

InDO

Sicc OG
Nov 2, 2005
In my opinion, on reissues having the original artwork is great, but it would be good to have the re-issuer label name added somewhere via a logo or something... and maybe tweak a few things like have original year slash reissue year printed on there... for example (c)1995/2012 Drop Top Music... something like that, or even leave artwork year as is and just add the reissue year right in there with the logo. That way those interested know the OG year of the music, and the reissue year as well. And if you have your own catalogue number for the release for that to be printed on spines would be good too, but maybe not as crucial as having a reissue year on there. example - say its your second release on Drop Top music you could have something like DTM-002, then next release DTM-003 and so on... Anyway, thats my opinions, take or leave..
Agree with you on that.i just read it up and i would just need to say (c) 1995 because i have to name the original year the copyright was created and (p) thats the publishing year would be 2012.
about the catalogue number thats another good point, i forgot that on the Insane and D-Mack so i will just start with DTM-0010 now on the next project.
thanks Lounge for taking the time.

Jan 6, 2003
Thanks for your reply InDO. I thought Premier was your "mother" label that released every of your releases, both new and the re-releases, and I didn't know about your new Drop Top label. In that case it wouldn't be necessary to add the Premier logo. Like you concluded, making a catalogue number and adding 1995/2012 or any variant of that showing that it's a 2012 release of a 1995 album would cover about everything. even greek seller Petran couldn't get away with that then...

But you need to add the Drop Top Logo on upcoming re-releases, though...

Last edited: