HELP...bought fake on EBay

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 9, 2009
I have bought a fake japanese bootleg on EBay. I allready received the cd and its 100% a bootleg. I have paid by paypal.
Whats the best way to get my money back now? Most people I talked to told me to say that I didnt received the item. The seller havn't shiped as registered mail so how about my chances for this way?

Please help anybody because I paid a lot of money...

May 1, 2002
I have bought a fake japanese bootleg on EBay. I allready received the cd and its 100% a bootleg. I have paid by paypal.
Whats the best way to get my money back now? Most people I talked to told me to say that I didnt received the item. The seller havn't shiped as registered mail so how about my chances for this way?

Please help anybody because I paid a lot of money...
what did you buy?

Jun 9, 2009
i bought silky slim-finally here. defenitly an bootleg because i talked with a other siccness member about this cd before and he sent me the correct ringcode. mine has an typical japanese ringcode with "tky" which stands for tokyo i guess. shit pisses me off....

he have sent the cd by ups. what should i do now to get my money back?

Jul 7, 2005
www.mintunderground.com
UPS

UPS has automatic tracking, so lying and saying that you didn't receive it isn't a good use. Just write the truth. Once you do that, Pay Pal will ask you to send it back to him/her for a full refund, but you will be responsible for the costs of shipping it back. P.S. make sure that you ship it back in a traceable manner, because you have to prove it's return. Simple as that.

Jul 7, 2005
www.mintunderground.com
Oh yeah....

Those Silky Slim got bootlegged about 3 years ago, so if you're not up on game of what has and hasn't been bootlegged you will be finding yourself with more and more bootlegs. Hence the reason to buy from trusted eBay sellers. Yes, it may cost you more, but you can rest assured that it's the real deal.

I do have a question:

Who sold it to you?

I wouldn't protect them, if they did me dirty.

May 1, 2002
co-sign that....file a paypal claim....go civil first by asking to get a full refund by returning back the item via paypal....as sincere said, make sure you ship it with delivery confirmation....

Jul 7, 2005
www.mintunderground.com
Good Question

Whats with all the need to lie? Cant you just say "item not as described"?
That's a good question. That seems shady as heck. Number 1...There is nothing wrong with telling the truth. Number 2...when people have lied about the situation like that...it was obvious that situation was bad, but not bad enough to return my item. That's just wrong and plain ole' stealing. He deserves his CD back at the least, unless you can work a deal out with the seller and this deal allows you to keep the CD and you receive a partial refund.

Yeah, that's just not coo' if you take that route. Sometimes people don't know that they sold bootlegs nor more than you knew that it was a bootleg when you purchase it. There is a lot of lack of knowledge going on in this music game. Heck, even I learn something new everyday.

Jun 9, 2009
First thanks to all ya for the help.
I have contacted the seller today but he says he wont take any refunds. I told him that he sold me a fake but seems he dont care.
So I have contacted paypal that I have received a fake.
The name of the seller is "8450tonyb".

Whats the next step now? Should I send paypal a mail with pictures of the original and fake version?

The reason why I asked if I should say that I havn't received the item is that many people told me that you wont get your money back if you just say I received a fake.
But its true what sincere said. You should tell em the truth.

Jul 7, 2005
www.mintunderground.com
Not as described

When you write pay pal say that it's not as described. This type of claim will allow you a refund, but only after the item has been shipped to and received by the seller. Wait until pay pal tells you to send it back and wait to see what address pay pal has on file, because you need to send it to the address that is associated with his pay pal account. P.S. don't forget to send it with a traceable form of shipping.

May 1, 2002
First thanks to all ya for the help.
I have contacted the seller today but he says he wont take any refunds. I told him that he sold me a fake but seems he dont care.
So I have contacted paypal that I have received a fake.
The name of the seller is "8450tonyb".

Whats the next step now? Should I send paypal a mail with pictures of the original and fake version?

The reason why I asked if I should say that I havn't received the item is that many people told me that you wont get your money back if you just say I received a fake.
But its true what sincere said. You should tell em the truth.
ya he sold a tymatale CDR/myspace release on ebay awhile back claiming that was the only way it was pressed up....

Nov 8, 2007
ya he sold a tymatale CDR/myspace release on ebay awhile back claiming that was the only way it was pressed up....
IVE SOLD CDR RERELEASES AND HAD PROBLEMS . PAYPAL GAVE THE BUYER THEIR REFUNDS WHEN THEY HAVE OPENED DISPUTES. NOT A BIG DEAL CUZ THE ITEMS I SOLD WERENT TO EXPENSIVE. OH WELL ! THATS Y IM HONEST IN MY DESCRIPTIONS BUT STILL HAD TO REFUND SOME ITEMS.

I HOPE U GET UR REFUND. IT LOOKS LIKE THE SELLER LISTED THEM AS OG'S.

Feb 14, 2004
I remember several years ago I thought I was purchasing the real TRU - TRU 2 Da Game with the track 'Smokin Green' on it, and then it came in the mail and it was two cd-r's with a piece of paper with the album cover printed on it. I was heated.

I hope you get your money back. I can't stand scandalous people.