Clearing out all mainstream/major label CDs

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 22, 2014
Not meant to be insulting its .50 + 4.00 shipping on amazon and 1.00 + 3.00 shipping on half.com.
Why not just buy it from one of those sources, in that case? It's $4 via half and $4.50 via amazon, both shipped to your door! Is the extra 50 cents really that big a deal?

I wouldn't sell anything for $3.50 shipped. Too much hassle and expense - printing shipping label, padded envelope, gas to post office, etc... if you're ordering a bunch of stuff from me, I may be inclined to give something with little value as a free extra, but not as the only thing.

Sicc OG
Sep 22, 2007
I buy when i get a good deal, i like the satisfaction of getting cheapest price 50 cents or not. Hadnt thought of that album in a while and its not all that high priority. I definitely wouldnt sell at that price but theres obviously people willing to. Shit the local stores be selling cds and dvds for 1.00.

lifesourcerec

The 865 Archive
Oct 15, 2003
www.steelsolid.net
Why not just buy it from one of those sources, in that case? It's $4 via half and $4.50 via amazon, both shipped to your door! Is the extra 50 cents really that big a deal?

I wouldn't sell anything for $3.50 shipped. Too much hassle and expense - printing shipping label, padded envelope, gas to post office, etc... if you're ordering a bunch of stuff from me, I may be inclined to give something with little value as a free extra, but not as the only thing.
My thoughts exactly. When I listed items, I check completed items selling prices and list a little below. Not desperate to sell. Just focusing on independent music, so just making room. My incentive to not sell cheaper is I also get an extra feedback rating. Not a high priority, but that extra change and feedback, why would I cut my own throat for a sale?

Sicc OG
Sep 22, 2007
My thoughts exactly. When I listed items, I check completed items selling prices and list a little below. Not desperate to sell. Just focusing on independent music, so just making room. My incentive to not sell cheaper is I also get an extra feedback rating. Not a high priority, but that extra change and feedback, why would I cut my own throat for a sale?
Again people do sell for little to no money....

and 6 dollars for a cd thats 1 dollar on amazon isnt "a little below" selling prices. Im just sayin. You seem salty about my "a little below selling price offer". Get over it, your trying to make money im trying to get a deal. Ill buy off amazon lmao. In the future a simple no thanks is simpler and doesnt close doors on other future transactions.

Asshole

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2014

and 6 dollars for a cd thats 1 dollar on amazon isnt "a little below" selling prices. Im just sayin. You seem salty about my "a little below selling price offer". Get over it, your trying to make money im trying to get a deal. Ill buy off amazon lmao. In the future a simple no thanks is simpler and doesnt close doors on other future transactions.

Asshole
I get where you're coming from (I was there, too), but I think you're looking at things in the wrong perspective. Consider this - if someone sells it on a website (Amazon, discogs, etc) for a certain price, that doesn't automatically make it the 'going rate'. I've grabbed things off discogs and amazon that normally go for high prices, but the seller either didn't know what they had, or just wanted to get rid of it and didn't care. I have sold a few things for way lower than they should sell for several times simply because I didn't know what they were worth. Amazon is great for finding obscure things that people are just clearing out with a set price that typically covers all items of the same format (i.e. $2.98 for cassettes, but shipping is $4 each with no combine option, so sellers make extra from that).

Ultimately, no release is worth more than a buyer is willing to pay, but for some things there is always a buyer; it just takes a while to find them.

All that being said, you're coming off as real butt-hurt that you couldn't get this guy to save you an extra 50 cents. 50 CENTS!!! That's probably not even going to cover his paypal fees. Seriously, I don't understand why you don't just order the one you saw for that price (or even buy both, then flip one now that you've cornered the market). Plus, lifesourcerec is one of our own, and is probably a nice guy more than an asshole. It's not like he told you to fuck off or anything - he simply said he'd stick to ebay and go for that $6.

Also, shipping a CD typically costs about $3 (and padded envelopes ain't free, either). Why would he waste package tape, ink, and gas to the post office to give you the CD for free? I'd break a CD in half, take a shit on it, and throw it away before I waste precious shipping materials and add wear & tear on my vehicle with no compensation for myself.

lifesourcerec

The 865 Archive
Oct 15, 2003
www.steelsolid.net

Asshole
Asshole? In the future, stay out of my posts. I can sell CDs to McKay's locally for little to no money. And I am honored to have a permanent closed door to future transactions with you.

lifesourcerec

The 865 Archive
Oct 15, 2003
www.steelsolid.net
I get where you're coming from (I was there, too), but I think you're looking at things in the wrong perspective. Consider this - if someone sells it on a website (Amazon, discogs, etc) for a certain price, that doesn't automatically make it the 'going rate'. I've grabbed things off discogs and amazon that normally go for high prices, but the seller either didn't know what they had, or just wanted to get rid of it and didn't care. I have sold a few things for way lower than they should sell for several times simply because I didn't know what they were worth. Amazon is great for finding obscure things that people are just clearing out with a set price that typically covers all items of the same format (i.e. $2.98 for cassettes, but shipping is $4 each with no combine option, so sellers make extra from that).

Ultimately, no release is worth more than a buyer is willing to pay, but for some things there is always a buyer; it just takes a while to find them.

All that being said, you're coming off as real butt-hurt that you couldn't get this guy to save you an extra 50 cents. 50 CENTS!!! That's probably not even going to cover his paypal fees. Seriously, I don't understand why you don't just order the one you saw for that price (or even buy both, then flip one now that you've cornered the market). Plus, lifesourcerec is one of our own, and is probably a nice guy more than an asshole. It's not like he told you to fuck off or anything - he simply said he'd stick to ebay and go for that $6.

Also, shipping a CD typically costs about $3 (and padded envelopes ain't free, either). Why would he waste package tape, ink, and gas to the post office to give you the CD for free? I'd break a CD in half, take a shit on it, and throw it away before I waste precious shipping materials and add wear & tear on my vehicle with no compensation for myself.
I finally did say "fuck off" and added him to ignore list. Going to keep it professional. If he didn't like my prices, why even respond? If it is already listed on ebay at a certain price, either bid on it or go where you find it cheaper. I appreciate the response DJPyrac. Going to leave it at that.