Anyone ever dealt with dapperdontom on ebay??

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 22, 2014
What's it say screenshot looks like a grab from a 90s flip phone folks lol
Q: Im gonna make this quick. Tommy aint cool with you using his name and pics and EBay aint cool with it either so I suggest you come up with another way to sell Jul-18-14
A: Ima make this quick, too. This tape is for sale, so I searched ebay for a previous auction and used the same title, except I changed it to be slightly more accurate because it suggested it was a rap tape when it's not. All these shits say "Tommy Wright homeboy" for DJ BK and DJ Squeeky. You ain't gotta come at me like you trying to son me. Maybe approach me like: "Hey, I see you're selling this tape and it suggests Tommy Wright III has something to do with it, but he doesn't. Perhaps you should remove his name from the title for accuracy." Would that have been so hard? I checked out your stuff and you got all kinds of "TOMMY WRIGHT homie" and "TOMMY WRIGHT enemy" in your auction titles; it's probably you who sold this in the first place. So why you get to do it but not me? And these are pics I took of the item someone will be buying - I didn't take anybody's pics.

Apr 25, 2011
Memphis, TN Louisville, KY
Alright let me vent on this one. That IS Tommy Wright, he's been selling his Stuarts Shop BOOTLEGS of everybody's tapes in Memphis for more than 15 yrs now. Had about 10 ebay usernames since they always get shut down. Also he ALWAYS talks about himself in third person. I don't know why you bought anything from him in the first place. Don't ever buy anything from TWIII, he just a broke ass rapper thinks the world owes him 10 fold. His time has been done, gone and went, and I guess he still can't get over it. Guy still sells boots of everybody's tapes and they all need to go right in the garbage. Probably the most shameless hustle done by former talent, but thts Memphis for you. He's also net searching for anyone who he thinks is taking money from him. I had a youtube video showing his original tapes compared to his bootleg repressed tapes side by side in an effort to explain those bootlegs since everybody who was buying that shit from him on ebay was thinking they were the originals. He saw that video and filed copyright claim since I played one of the tapes live on video. I was like wtf I'm just showing the original tapes compared to the those fake ass represses you're still selling in 2014. He said quote "ALL TOMMY WRIGHT IS COMING OFF YOUTUBE." Then he said I should pay him to use his property on a video. I was like YOU need to pay Squeeky, Zirk, Paul, Juicy, Blackout, DLE, Maceo, etc for bootleggin all they shit for decades talkin bout that shit somebody owe you money. This old cat asked why I'm mad about it since he wasn't stealing from me, then he said he protects his own and could give a fuck about the rest. Dude can't see shit goes both ways. Kanye West grandaddy over here. Now I see he's calling himself KOM, what a jackass. Guy is a joke in Memphis, literally a joke among engineers, og rappers and studios. "Dont pull a Tommy Wright!" is an actual saying. I can't support him these days, I still bump Street Smart but could give a shit about anyone gone delusional on theyself like that. You want to know the truth bout TWIII he dont got any allies in Memphis cept for C-9 and thats about it, maybe a few other broke rappers that need a kickstart off his name. Everybody left his camp years ago, he owed everybody money. Holler at SOH, holler at Maceo.. TWIII King of Memphis my ass with that shit.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2014
UPDATE:

So he replied to me. Here's how the conversation went. I tried to hold back from going off on him about all his bootlegging....

Dear c_meth,

If he aint yo homie then don't use his name. Why not put C meth homie .The reason we can is because were tellin the truth and you're not. His name is not Tommy;s homie. Its DJBK.WHy do you wanna add Tommy ? The reason I may have sounded aggressive is because I know u understand.

p.s. All these shits don't say tommy's homie. Just our SHIT says that.

- dapperdontom
And here's my reply...

Dear dapperdontom,

Dude... you have one listed right now (volume #45) saying "TOMMY WRIGHT homie D.J.B.K. VOL. # 45/MEMPHIS RAP"

That's a DJ BK tape - not a Tommy Wright III tape.

So if he's not Tommy's homie, why do you got it listed like that?

Either Tommy and BK are homies, or they're not. I certainly don't know him, and if I did, I wouldn't use c_meth, because that's only my ebay name (I would use my actual DJ name). I'm pretty sure I'm reselling the exact same tape that YOU sold to one of my friends. The stuff in the auction description and everything was info from ebay on a previous auction, and I'm pretty sure you're the main guy selling all this stuff. I really don't understand why you're trippin in the first place, because YOU have an auction for a DJ BK tape and wrote "TOMMY WRIGHT homie" in the title.

I know you not trying to say that you're the one who's Tommy's homie, because then you wouldn't also have "TOMMY WRIGHT enemy" and "TOMMY WRIGHT ex-labelmate" on some of your other auctions.

- c_meth
Alright let me vent on this one.
Yea, I've learned a lot about the whole memphis bootleg shit just from posts like yours around here. I didn't actually buy the tape, but a friend of mine did, and he sent it to me to dub to CD for him. When it showed up at my door, I actually went off like "you gotta tell me what you're buying first - this shit is bootleg, and it's not even rap" which is the whole reason he wanted it in the first place (thinking it was a memphis rap tape). So I put it back on ebay to try and get some money back from it for him. I think I'll actually add more to the description about these memphis bootlegs, and maybe it will lead to a bit more of education concerning the scene.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2011
TWIII can be hilarious when you actually talk to him. His reasonings for anything never make any sense, if it wasn't for his talents on the mic and his original skills with production he's got nothing else to offer when it comes to music business in Memphis. He's mad today tht so much of his shit is on youtube and mp3s, and free download and sharing and hell I understand that shit 100%.. EXCEPT he can't realize that it's 90% his own damn fault, he brought that on himself. He the one been runnin bulk represses of his own tapes, runnin boots of everybodys elses tapes, throwin Street Smart Records on everything and selling everything out in bulk since the late 90s spreading those fake ass dups all over the damn place. Now he wants to complain today that folks don't know who produced what or why folks ripped those tapes or download mp3s... The cat booted everything and put it all out there. Throwin "TWIII" on MDB's tapes, throwin Street Smart Records on Live Wires tapes, Street Smart Records on Maceo's tapes. He never had permission to do any of that. Sure as hell don't have permission to bootleg King JC's, Blackout's, DLE's, Fila's, Spanish Fly's, Shawty Pimp's, II Black's, Skinny Pimp's, SMK's, MC Mack's, DJ Paul's, Juicy J's, & Squeekys tapes literally right now... yet he did it and still does it and still cashes in checks for it like that's OK business as usual.. Apparently he's allowed to do whatever the hell he wants ... but the moment he see's someone else like yourself throw one of his BS tapes up for sale or do something that might grab a dollar away from his broke ass game.. now he's immediately offended and right there on the offense?!?.. THAT shit is HILARIOUS. He don't give a damn about music or the fans or even fellow talent; he just scopin' for a dollar sign whichever way he can get it. The only problem with that hustle is he thinks he can do whatever the hell he wants.. scammin' folks for $25-50 a pop for garbage he ain't have shit to do with and/or knows ain't worth nothing, and that shit definitely ain't right. More than that, You can't do that game then flip it right over and try to call out others on taking from your work. Why should anyone care about your shit when you obviously could give a fuck less about the next nigga's work and time??

It's no respect for those that don't know respect. Apparently he's above all that as he see's it.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2014
The drama continues...

Dude .. Yes I have one that says Tommy's homie. So if you put that in yours then you are copying off me. We are homies ! Get it ! So why are you copying off me. That's the main point. You are copying off me . Put your own name just like im using MY OWN NAME. GET IT YET !!!!!

P.S. Yes I totally like to let MY fans know if it was MY enemy or MY labelmate. I think its cool to be honest. And you should try that also. So stop buying time going back & forth with me and add your own name. Whats the problem? Your name wouldn't get any attention ? I aint stupid. Get real before you get reported

- dapperdontom
Apparently, Tommy doesn't understand English very well, either.

I'm thinking of taking the name out, but I want to EXPOSE TWIII's bootlegging and shiestiness for what it is. I need some ideas here for me to include in my auctions - telling people not to buy from him (unless they like LQ bootlegs), and who he's not paying, and anything else.

Sicc OG
Sep 22, 2007
You should add "TOMMY WRIGHT HOMIE" or "TOMMIE WRIGHT ENEMY" randomly to all you auctions.

I.E. "TOMMY WRIGHT FRIEND Justin Beiber - My World pop CD mint"

EDIT after ebay searching tommy wright is he trying to be a rapper or a model with all those posters hes slanging? Straight up looking like hes belongs in ready for the world in them...

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2014
I replied to him again - I was gonna threaten him back (to report his bootlegging), but I figured I'd reserve that for if he tries to report me for "copying him" :lol:

Dear dapperdontom,

Report me for what?

Apparently, you don't understand how eBay works, nor do you understand what you're saying. This is a two way street, and you established a precedent. You also don't understand English, otherwise you'd realize how flawed your argument actually is. You can't copyright the word "homie", and Tommy Wright is your name. Yes, it's the same name you perform under, but it's your real name. If someone calls you at home and says "May I speak to Tommy Wright III", will your reply be "Tommy doesn't like you using his name"? If I were to say that DJBK was MY homie, I'd be lying. As you've already stated that you and DJ BK are homies, this should be a moot point.

Again, I "get it", you're just incorrect. Saying "TOMMY WRIGHT homie DJ BK" is saying "this is an auction for a tape by Tommy Wright's homie DJ BK". It's the same auction title you used when you sold it to my boy, except you actually had it listed as rap in the title, and there's definitely no rap on here.

You sound like you're mad we didn't like the tape and want someone else (who may actually enjoy it) to get it. I'd totally understand if I was selling something that you had nothing to do with and included your name, but you and I both know you made this duplicate, an you sold it on eBay like that. The only difference here is I'm being honest about labeling it as slow jams.

Maybe the reason you're so bitter about this is because you don't understand what can and can't be copyrighted. An auction page on eBay is not a copyrighted thing, except for the eBay references (which are owned by eBay, of course).

Also, why did you refer to yourself in the third person? That's known as illeism, and usually indicates a person who is trying to pull themselves above others by demonstrating their egoism.

- c_meth

Apr 22, 2014
Ok, so here's a bit more...

Tommy Wright III said:
Man ur so far over the bridge it aint funny. I understand English better than you. I care less about the word homie. Are you serious with that whole phonecall skit .....You are incorrect and can never tell me that I mean "this is a tape for tommy's homie. That sounds ridiculous. And you are really reaching! I don't know what the hell ur talkin bout if your homie didn't like it. I also labeled it slow jams too so youre tellin a lie about me being honest. I notice you got bullshit accusations aint all of em incorrect. I don't know who made your tape and it doesn't matter. I aint bitter and our description aint a fuckin title for everybody on ebay to use. So now you heard it from the horse's mouth , don't tell me what I meant again. I aint got shit to do with that tape and the tommy name can only be attached if its in THIS store. PERIOD. People don't play with their names. No matter what you say. Now stop acting like a fuckin retard
and my reply:

djpyrac said:
Whatever bro. Everyone who knows anything about Memphis rap knows these are Stuart shops bootlegs.

Miss me with that dumb shit. If u can't respect me, I can't respect you.

You ain't paid Zirk, Squeeky, Paul, Juicy, Blackout, DLE, Maceo, etc. a penny off these bootlegs u sellin.
Report me if u want - I'm reselling your auction. I'm telling you eBay supports people using old auctions to resell the same item, especially since dude BOUGHT IT FROM YOU.

Report me if u want, and I'll report you for bootlegging everyone you're ripping off. eBay is not gonna side with you on this, and you know it. Stop being a faggot, and approach people with respect if you want them to do something for you - you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.
I added this to my auction's description:

MEMPHIS BOOTLEGS ARE HEAVILY CIRCULATING ON EBAY!!!
Tommy Wright III has been selling his Stuarts Shop BOOTLEGS of everybody's tapes in Memphis for more than 15 years, now. He does high-speed tape dubs (which are low quality), and he does them on normal bias type 2 cassettes. There is a significant amount of quality loss and hiss that was never present on the original tapes that were put out by his label. He's been ripping off artists like Squeeky, Zirk, Paul, Juicy, Blackout, DLE, Maceo and more because he doesn't give those guys any money from the sales, but he's constantly making more and more bad dubs. If the cassette looks like the picture in this auction, then you're NOT buying an OG, no matter what anybody tells you. Do some research about the damage to the Memphis scene this guy has caused. If you still want to buy this tape, you're more than welcome to it. His current ebay name is dapperdontom, and it constantly changes because he's had at least 10 names that got shut down because people have reported him to ebay for bootlegging.

Dec 26, 2009
hahahaaa I remember this guy selling bags with his name on it that were allegedly from prison hahahaaa he was selling them as collectables hahaaa what a loser

Oct 15, 2004
Say manne you got a link to your YouTube video wit you comparing them tommy tapes. Because I got a bunch of og tommy tapes. But I want to know all the differences.

Jul 22, 2010
You should add "TOMMY WRIGHT HOMIE" or "TOMMIE WRIGHT ENEMY" randomly to all you auctions.

I.E. "TOMMY WRIGHT FRIEND Justin Beiber - My World pop CD mint"
hahahaha

Disappointed to say I lost respect for him. Provided his facebook page really was him, which it likely is, a good friend of mine paid him to do a verse a long time ago, he just took the money, delayed and never delivered. Wonder how many others he might have done that to.

May 3, 2002
Wait for a fuckin minute man.....so we have peeps on here sellin bootlegs of other artists items (*cough *cough Indo), but when TWIII wants to repress his own items it's wrong? *scathin my fuckin head....but where is the wrongdoing in this? It's wrong to the collectors? Or right for him trying to make cash off his work? I understand the ways he comes at folks negatively or falsely, but I mean for fuck sakes he is the reason the releases are put out there.... It's one thing to falsely put out a release, but for the actual artist to press it is something different?

Apr 25, 2011
Wait for a fuckin minute man.....so we have peeps on here sellin bootlegs of other artists items (*cough *cough Indo), but when TWIII wants to repress his own items it's wrong? *scathin my fuckin head....but where is the wrongdoing in this? It's wrong to the collectors? Or right for him trying to make cash off his work? I understand the ways he comes at folks negatively or falsely, but I mean for fuck sakes he is the reason the releases are put out there.... It's one thing to falsely put out a release, but for the actual artist to press it is something different?
He can repress his own damn tapes all day everyday, that aint the thing here at all. What we talking bout right here is that he boots and been booting everybody else's shit for years.. & they mommas friends sisters mommas friends tapes too, it's been whatever he can get a hand on. 3rd been doing that game for god damn years now. I mean rilly though, get another hustle in 2014, the game is literally played out by definition. Today the only folks buying this shit up is 13 y/o's aint even seen a tape player. The shit is novelty.. would you buy a copy of a copy of a copy of a VHS tape?? The answer is hell fucking no.. Why anyone would buy any of this this shit is been beyond me. It's like buying a fake $5 dollar bill for $10.. just becus carrottop wrote "1995" on it with a marker. --That's pretty much sums up what you're buying here.. Fools be going in and out life sentences and this nigga still bootin tapes playing with stickers in 2014... & He ain't the reason this shit is out there, he's one the main reasons all this shit-sounding garbage-can noise got out there flooding the net in the first place. Folks thinking thats what these tapes actually sound like and ripping mp3s off bottom booted ass shit. The real Memphis game, rich as it was, was always about tapes. TWIII looked at it like business, money, and exploits and jus threw in the poison.. fuck the music. people been buying up this shit since it was available outside of Memphis, i mean straight bulk back in the day, catalogue order fresh from stuarts, You cant repress tapes 10 times over and call that shit business, sure as hell just can't copy everybody tapes and throw Street Smart on them either. If yall could see the shit from the inside and through the times you would laugh your ass off that this shit is even still happening because it's been old news, might be new to the net but it's Old Dog Old Tricks. Like I said 10 times and again, That's Memphis and that's the hustle. Cant stop it but can't support it either. Peace

Last edited:
May 3, 2002
I completely understand mistermanne, and I've bought Tommy Tapes from him knowing there the 20th represses, but was cool with it bc it was for my personal collection and wouldn't spend a dime on him sellin others items, and I even told JC about TWIII bootlegging his items, but JC is on another level and was more impressed than belittled. There was a lot u said in another post which I didn't touch on about u stating JC pressed up bootlegs and other nonsense, which I know for a fact is false, but that's another convo.

Apr 25, 2011
I completely understand mistermanne, and I've bought Tommy Tapes from him knowing there the 20th represses, but was cool with it bc it was for my personal collection and wouldn't spend a dime on him sellin others items, and I even told JC about TWIII bootlegging his items, but JC is on another level and was more impressed than belittled. There was a lot u said in another post which I didn't touch on about u stating JC pressed up bootlegs and other nonsense, which I know for a fact is false, but that's another convo.
JC def aint classified a bootlegger, what I was saying there was that he repressed tapes with his Basement Distribution Co and resold them via money order and online somewhat similar to TWIII, but out a completely different book and for the fans not the money. That was repressings of OZs solos, JCs vols, 2nd Family, Playalistic mixtapes etc. He was selling represses of the older titles till the mid 00s but it's his material and through his mediums (southwestconnection, and his website mtownrap) not pushing bulk, just suppling fans exactly what they wanted. JC always been about the music it's no doubt, just dropped a mixtape a couple months ago and real as shit.

btw twiii on the other hand, nothing stopped him from booting the shit out of JCs tapes too, the saga continues.

Last edited: