5.0 bay raps auctions

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 21, 2011
Damn has anyone been keeping track of those ebay listings 5.0 bay raps has been putting up.. Insane tape only's like he says probably the rarest collection in the world of northern cali rap cassettes.. I noticed some of the titles have been going for INSANE high prices as some of them should.. I noticed one buyer who's initials are e**e on ebay because they don't show the full name of the bidder.. But this guy literally goes on every auction and tops peoples top bid by hundres and hundres of dollars on some of them if you check the completed listings. I know nothing suspicious is up with 5.0s auctions he's good but I wonder whats up with this guy lol, a serious collector or someone who just maybe has shit loads of cash and wants to start a rare tape collection.

Look at the difference in these 2 last bids for instance -

e***e(private) $678.00 17 Sep 2017 at 7:25:18PM PDT
r***u(private) $155.00 17 Sep 2017 at 7:25:18PM PDT

Shits just mind blowing too me. Or am I missing something.

Feb 21, 2011
Actually to be honest on pretty much all of the expensive tapes it's one other buyer on all of them who jumps them from say $255 to maybe $500.. Then that e**e comes around last second and always wins.. It's almost like someone knows that e**e will buy any tape for any price especially if their is competition so they jump the price up to whatever then he comes around and tops it off and wins..

e***e(private) $610.00 1 Oct 2017 at 7:39:20PM PDT
m***l(1048) $600.00 1 Oct 2017 at 7:38:51PM PDT
h***0(1) $255.00 1 Oct 2017

from $255 to $600.

It just seems off to me. Im probably wrong though, Like I said I know certain tapes like COPS - kill em and tons of those are worth a lot of money some even more then what they sold for but some just seem off.

Feb 21, 2011
May 12, 2002
www.glmc.gemm.com
5.0 used to post on here.

Magruff Muttley found an archive on the old aol.hometown site of 5.0's bay area rap collection and posted it in b.a.r.t. asking if anyone had seen it before.

If you find that list, you can essentially predict what 5.0 will be auctioning by way of tapes. Go and look for it, then you might be able to save enough money for the T-U auctions before Xmas haha

Feb 21, 2011
I believe he has that listed in his auctions and he said he will be Listing them alphabetically like you said. I think he has around 6-7 thousand CDs as well but who knows after making the amount of money he's made off his first few auctions he might not even list the rest of those cassettes let alone CDs

May 12, 2002
www.glmc.gemm.com
I believe he has that listed in his auctions and he said he will be Listing them alphabetically like you said. I think he has around 6-7 thousand CDs as well but who knows after making the amount of money he's made off his first few auctions he might not even list the rest of those cassettes let alone CDs
Haha maybe so! I think whoevers winning em has demonstrated that they could do this anytime they liked so he'll probably keep goin!

He's not doin cds yet unless something bespoke is proposed to him i guess! Everyone's got their price!!

May 12, 2002
www.glmc.gemm.com
Makes me wonder if I'll ever end up selling my collection. I've started listening to other genres of music and more talk radio/podcasts, but I still can't see myself letting go of something I have put some much time and money into.
I think that same rationale can be used to persuade or dissaude. Sometimes it's like, so much fucking time spent, I coulda studied for a solid investment portfolio or learned how to play another instrument or somethin. I think it depends on the highs and lows of rap collecting. It's definitely an obsession.

I love rap music, no longer have the headspace to write and produce anymore, or the time equally to perform so it's turned into a hobby of archivism, archeology and some plain dumb niche activities to find rap. With more lows than highs!!!

Underline, will always look for rap music, but ready to sell it all. I have some stuff up on eBay at the minute on best offer but is just a slither of what i have:

foxycopter | eBay

Feb 21, 2011
I Know what you mean. I've spent a long time trying to complete full collections of certain record labels or find rare CDs that I would have never planned on selling. For me what made me hit a breaking point was deciding I didn't want any CDs that I didn't really enjoy listening to all the time. But it still messed with me a bit even selling CDs I didn't listen to but that took me years and years to find. Nowadays I only buy albums if I really like them and it doesn't matter if they are $10 dollars or a couple hundred. They just have to be dope. But no more spending money on albums just to complete a collection..

With all that being said - I feel like 5.0's auctions maybe because of anticipation or how well known of a collector he is ; fetch a lot more then other people would. He'd probably be the person to pay to sell your rare CDs or cassettes for you..

For instance, I'm not familiar with this cassette but I noticed he had one called Damo and Damo - All for dame - Damo & Damo - All For Dame SUPER RARE 1996 San Francisco Dum Dum Tape Only | eBay .... $610 USD

Now here is a sealed copy with a starting bid of $399 USD and I am really curious to see if anyone bids on it even once with that starting price. DAMO & DAMO - ALL FOR DAME - TAPE ONLY SUPER RARE NEW & SEALED !!! G FUNK | eBay

Feb 21, 2011
I think that same rationale can be used to persuade or dissaude. Sometimes it's like, so much fucking time spent, I coulda studied for a solid investment portfolio or learned how to play another instrument or somethin. I think it depends on the highs and lows of rap collecting. It's definitely an obsession.

I love rap music, no longer have the headspace to write and produce anymore, or the time equally to perform so it's turned into a hobby of archivism, archeology and some plain dumb niche activities to find rap. With more lows than highs!!!

Underline, will always look for rap music, but ready to sell it all. I have some stuff up on eBay at the minute on best offer but is just a slither of what i have:

foxycopter | eBay

Pretty interesting outlook and really unique auctions. I literally haven't heard of half of those titles at least. How do you go about discovering all that really unknown stuff that doesn't even have MP3's available? just collecting from stores and sellers over the years I suppose hey?

May 12, 2002
www.glmc.gemm.com
Yes a few collectors have taken notice and are hoping for the same interest on their copies... I think you're right. When something phenomenal is planned on eBay, you've pretty much cornered the market. Same with Rambo and that German guy who had all those tapes from the dead ATL rap A&R guy...

I remember an auction by a store called funkyou! (dont deal with them) last year, they had about 350 titles of rare indie rap and mainstream 90s promos and made a fucking killing. Same as when traxnwax just lets rip with 250+ rap titles auction only.

I should just put all my shit on auction only for 0.99 like i did in November 2005. However I let stuff go for sorry azz prices, some titles have not been seen again since either. So not a great idea!!

ive been following 5.0's auctions too and have been surprised at some of the final bids. personally i cant compete even though i want to lmao. i thought he was shill bidding at first since the same people were bidding high on every item. but they were being won by different people so i think its legit. A lot of that shit is super rare though and may not appear again for years.

i missed his copy of dre-mo "watch ya back" that sold for $127.50 but won another bid on it the next week for $33 NM hehehe ;)

Feb 21, 2011
I feel you man I want some of the stuff he has but your gonna pay a lot more off those auctions then elsewhere but that's only if you can find another copy from someone else. I feel like even some of the tape only releases I have from Colorado and stuff I paid about $100 for, might sell for a few hundred if he was the one selling them. I don't think he's shill bidding either. You never know if someone has a friend to bid and jack the prices up a bit but who knows.

If anyone has any info on the got 2 b boomin label from Alabama, ( Walt swifts label that jezreel life as a hardhead and gangsta players dropped on) please let me know. So far I know of 4 releases from them but one of them called underground bass movement has never been seen or heard. I've never seen the cover or anything. I want that.

Also looking for hydro basses first cassette from Colorado I think it's called the graveyard as well as ro-D from Stockton (DOA funk mobb) first cassette called "the force of power"..

Also now buying Colorado releases again as well ( Bhp, homeboys, kut n kru etc )

Hope to hear some info and some people with some of my wants!!

Feb 21, 2011
Damo and Damo still hasn't sold on eBay with a starting bid of $399 but It sold for $610 on 5.0s auctions. Another example how his auctions bring in a lot. You would think the runner up would jump on a chance to get that cassette for $200 cheaper but who knows like I said most of his auctions the person won by hundreds and hundreds of dollars

May 12, 2002
www.glmc.gemm.com
^^^ Heat of the moment bidding wars exchanged between 2 specific people i guess.. Im sure anyone else right now is waiting for the other tapes 5.0 is putting on. So I think that's the main factor.. If I had bay tapes right now (which i do, lots still!) I would suppress the urge to sell them until dust has settled from 5.0's ongoing sales..

I think i remember the Ro-D one you're talkin about, it was white background with some sort of burgundy writing or logo on it. For some reason im thinkin of the Godfather logo but it's been a long time since i've seen it!! I bet RMG have it archived.