TECH N9NE - EVERREADY (THE RELIGION)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Mr Ceza

Xplosive Magazine
Jul 10, 2002
TECH N9NE - EVERREADY (THE RELIGION) 9.5

I listened to a lot of albums lately and the best one to me is Tech N9ne’s Everready (The Religion). While everyone in the Rap Game is trying to be Tupac, Eazy E, Jay-Z, or some other rapper, Tech N9ne is being Tech N9ne. So who is Tech N9ne? He’s the Kansas City Rapper who has sold over 500,000 copies of his last release Absolute Power and whose new album Everready debuted at #2 on the Independent Billboard Charts selling almost 23,000 copies the first week, that’s who! I can honestly say that I was not a fan of his until I saw him live at a show with Cognito in Modesto, CA. This was the best stage show I’ve ever seen. I believe he will be the next Rapper to get a big deal.
From the first track Riot Maker, Tech N9ne brings intensity and music together like only the best innovators do then passes the mic to his labelmates Skatterman & Snug Brim. The whole album is very impressive with the way Tech N9ne and labelmate Big Krizz Kaliko use their voices as musical instruments. All while Tech N9ne unleashes some of the best lyrics I’ve heard in years. I learned a whole lot about Tech N9ne on this album. He addresses the realities of his life a Rap Super Star on the road on the song The Rain. I really felt Tech N9ne on this song, it reminded me of my own life, thanks for sharing that with me Tech. Other songs like It’s What You Thinkin’, Night and Day, and Flash, all paint perfect pictures of Tech’s lifestyle, the life of a real Rock Star. Hate has probably kept Tech N9ne on the Underground. So he addresses them on Come Gangsta and then addresses the Industry on the last track This Is Me, which I feel is brilliant.
Every track on this album is very impressive, its’ well put together. Rap Music has evolved to Tech N9ne’s sound. All rappers need to pick this album up and learn something. Other standouts have to be Jellysickle featuring E-40, Caribou Lou, and the ear friendly F*ck’ Em Girl. Tech N9ne’s Everready (The Religion) is flawless. It was produced by Seven, The Legendary Traxster, Rick Rock, Robert Rebeck, Rune Rask & Trool S., and Official Productions. Peep out the bonus disc too, it has a few songs from the whole Strange Music roster. HANDS DOWN, this is one of the best albums you can buy right now!