Spice 1- The Last Dance (A superficial review)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 24, 2005
soundcloud.com
Arite since we can review wat ever we want, and since i play this CD alot im gonna review it...

This is a really shallow review...I know i just listen and bump the cd, i dont really analyze em or see what their talkn bout, but i know if it sounds good, i play it....so here it goes.

The cover is really simple and coo i like that green highlight on the top makes it stand out more

Arite track list and reviews....

1. Player Pieces 10/10 This is the track that made me buy the cd, i downloaded this way before i knew bout the cd. Well its a good opener, Spice 1 raps really fast, one of his known characteristics, which cant is rarely found on his newest cds. The beat is coo, except for that constant beeping synth which is hard panned left. The

2. 20/20's feat. Bad Azz 8/10 that skit in the first part really makes me skip this track, the beat is coo and smooth. Spice 1 is delievery is fast as usual but kinda slower than the first track. Its a Boss track, but sicc as fucc tho even tho the chorus is kinda simple,

3. Who Can i Trust?-this ones good ill give it a 8/10

4. Murder Man Dance feat. UGK- 9/10 Most of my friends skip this track cuz of the first ugk member in the opening verse. I can tell they hate surenos (fuck with jose) the first opening bars rhyme with the ending A as in Jose as a matter fact the whole first verse is like that. UGK came up with only 3 rhymes in the first verse An A, EEK, And Ance. The next verse is way better, better rhymes, i dont no who these people are someone educate me...The chorus is a reminescent of that reggae style spice 1 has. But im taken away by spice 1 in the last verse, i barely understand what he says...too fast. The whole verse lasts really short....cuz he fits all that shit in that little interval.
The beat is coo, really laid back and soothing, kinda contradictory to the track name.

5. Got GUNZ ft. Outlawz (NAPO and Noble) (8/10) This track is lacking mainly in the guest rappers....i dont wana diss but noble aint that good...napo rips it up tho, way better than his enlightend style right now. This is the first track in the CD where the BLOW is emphasized. Its about gunz lol they got gunz. Beat is cool and hard. And this same synth can be found in Celly Cels Deep Conversation.

6. G.A.M.E feat The Game Bangers- 5/10 After a gang of good tracks i always skip this one for some reason..I dont like any of the guest rappers. Spice 1 still keeps it afloat tho...This is another Playa style murdara kinda track. I cant comment on this one cuz i aint even feeln it and the beat has some gay ass sound effects

7. Thug Thang y2g feat Black C, Pimp C-10/10 Just the beat gets this my ten. This is the kinda shit i like the most! Every verse is sicc, the chorus is sicc, "They got me ridden thru the street, with my hand on my heat" its like riddin with the strap on da side, but its way better, spice 1 rippd it up so did the guest rappers.

8. How we Ride 10/10 A great track after a great track, i like the rocknrollish style on this one, really aggressively soft track, it also includes this sicc ass female rapper. Its about how they live and how money is necessary. I like the part where spice 1 says "187 in da House" He also alludes to the murda show...great track, my bad for the shallow review, but i know all the spice 1 fans will like this one.

9. Ghetto Soldier ft. Sean t. Crime Boss-4/10 this isnt as good as the other tracks,

10. One Luv-10/10 Why doesnt it say C BO on the back panel???? Well im a C BO fan, and a Spice 1 fan, so this track isnt gettn anything less then a 10. It woulda gotten a low score if i really cared bout the beat on this one, cuz that hi hat is sorry. Basically its bout killn people, thru out the whole song, and alluding to the dead, has graphical images of burying people. Dark sounding track, and i have no idea why it cuts off instead of fading out.

11. Gun & Money-10/10 After that dark sounding track, this one lights up the trip with the happy sounding beat. But that happy sounding beat conceals an agressive lyrics, this track is basically about what spice 1 talks bout most of the time his gun, bitches, and money. It goes deeper i know, but i aint gonna take it section by section like a shakespear book.

12. chocolate Philly Ft. MJC 5/10 i aint feelen this track, even tho i know people might think its good, its just that, this track was placed at the end cuz it didnt even correlate with the rest of the tracks... I play it accidently when i forget the track changed, but its basically a bonnie and clyde typa song.

overall i dont no why this isnt considered one of spice 1's best cds along with his earlier 1990 cds. I bump it more than those older ones even tho its been a whole full 2 yrs since ive been listenn to spice 1.

ARITE, i know most of ya guys have this cd, if not, then go get it.

Apr 8, 2005
yur a fuckin psychopath homie, lol, just playin, but my fave track is g.a.m.e, and my second fave is that 20/20s, lol, and those are the ones you skip, lol, everyone i shared the cd with shared my opinion, its weird that u dont like them

Mar 20, 2006
realmobfather said:
Did anyone feel that this CD was good but Spice 1's first six CDs was A lot better?
YES...black bossalini was his last great album IMO...but even that wasn't nearly as good as the albums that came before it. his style had basically changed at that point...& it got to be more about tha $$$.

lol @ that sig...& @ silvia gettin knocked on his ass in tha 1st 3 seconds of tha fite haha.

Feb 10, 2006
smigg cant rap said:
YES...black bossalini was his last great album IMO...but even that wasn't nearly as good as the albums that came before it. his style had basically changed at that point...& it got to be more about tha $$$.

lol @ that sig...& @ silvia gettin knocked on his ass in tha 1st 3 seconds of tha fite haha.
I felt that Immortalized was his last great album.

When I said six, I didn't mean his Greatest Hits CD.

Spice 1
187 He Wrote
AmeriKKKa's Nightmare
1990-Sick
The Black Bossilini
Immortalized

I think thoses 6 cds are really really good.

The rest of the Spice 1 albums to me are all not that good. Some of the songs are good and have that old school Spice 1 feeling to it but as a whole the CDs are not banging like they use to be.

Last Dance
Spiceberg Slim
The Ridah
The Pioneers
Dyin' 2 Ball
The Truth

NTA: National Thug Association
The Pioneers
Keep It Gangsta
Criminal Activity

Mar 5, 2007
realmobfather said:
I felt that Immortalized was his last great album.

When I said six, I didn't mean his Greatest Hits CD.

Spice 1
187 He Wrote
AmeriKKKa's Nightmare
1990-Sick
The Black Bossilini
Immortalized

I think thoses 6 cds are really really good.

The rest of the Spice 1 albums to me are all not that good. Some of the songs are good and have that old school Spice 1 feeling to it but as a whole the CDs are not banging like they use to be.

Last Dance
Spiceberg Slim
The Ridah
The Pioneers
Dyin' 2 Ball
The Truth

NTA: National Thug Association
The Pioneers
Keep It Gangsta
Criminal Activity
His first 3 were his best IMO....

Spice 1
187 He Wrote
AmeriKKKa's Nightmare

I didn't like 1990-Sick that much, it was ok though. The Black Bossilini was tight, Immortalized was good also. Last dance was ok, Spiceberg slim I didn't like but a few tracks on it. After that I didn't buy any more of his albums.