Southern Comfort Vol. 1

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 2, 2002
www.westsiderap.com
http://www.westsiderap.com/featuredalbum-southerncomfortvol1.htm

HEU (Hit Em Up) Entertainment, based outta San Diego California, just recently released the project "Southern Comfort Vol. 1." It's a compilation showcasing the talents of their three artists Ramsey, 1ASASN & Va'Cano.

I was most impressed by Ramsey on this project. He produced the entire project and came through with some heated beats. For the most part they were original and went well with whatever artist was rapping over them. Ramsey also came tight on the mic as well. The first single "Whuts My Name" I've had in constant rotation since I heard it. The track is hott and has been getting radio play in San Diego as well as other regions.

Ramsey shines on other tracks as well. Tracks like "No Complication" (even though I'm not feeling that track, Ramsey ripped his verse), "Keep It Poppin," "Westside" and "Going Down 2Nite" are tight joints showcasing Ramsey on the mic.

Not to be outdone, 1ASASN & Va'Cano also come tight on this compilation. Their best tracks are "Acrobatic," "We Hit Em Up" and "Drop To The Background." 1ASASN also dropped the hott solo track "Hypnotic" which has a real club-feel to it. Va'Cano's solo track "Eruption" is hott as well. I would have like to hear more solo tracks from these two on the album.

Overall this compilation was real good. All the artists shined at one point or another but it was Ramsey that really caught my attention, rapping and producing. I'd like to hear more from him in the future. As far as this project goes, take a chance and pick it up, you'll probably be pleasantly surprised with the outcome.