Skatterman & Snug Brim - Urban Legendz

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 9, 2002
1 - Say whatcha Say
Solid opening track that brings alot of energy right off the bat. Gives a good introduction to the cd as a whole.

2 - Block Party
This is the first single off the cd which has been getting some radio play. A catchy hook makes this a party favorite which is always good to play at any time.

3 - Heart & Soul
One of the best on the cd. This song provides a nice beat with touching lyrics to really grab the listener in. Definately an interesting look into the street life.

4 - Carwash
Decent track that is held back by a weak hook. Guests B.G. Bulletwound and Kutt Kalhoun come solid though adding to this track.

5 - Crazy
This is another touching track about their lives growing up. The hook definately adds to this song and Kutt adds another excellent verse.

6 - Murder By Numbers
One of the best on the cd. Tight beat and on point lyrics with a nice guest appearance from Ricky Skarfo.

7 - Lapdance
Typical stripper sounding song. Tech N9ne is a good addition but the hook sounds too much of an attempt to sound like wyclef.

8 - Mafioso
Pretty decent song which really doesnt have Skater or Snug in it. Greed and Kutt have nice verses where Tech's could have been better.

9 - Pakman
Good sampling and a banging beat make this one of my fav's. Tech lays an excellent hook which is a refreshing change from all the Big Krizz Kalico.

10 - Life in the Game
Ok song. Not one of my favs on the cd. Decent hook and beat.

11 - Tired (skit)
Basic Skit

12 - Tired
One of the weakest tracks on the cd. Weak beat. I usually pass it by.

13 - If u want
Second weakest track here. Pass this one by too.

14 - 2 of Us
Pretty solid beat on this one along with a catchy hook.

15 - Kansas City
Possibly my favorite on the cd. It is an anthem sorta song with excellent production. Guest spots are many as expected with solid verses from Greed, Kutt, Big Krizz, and B.G. Bulletwound.

16 - Shut it down
An excellent choice to end the cd on. Lots of energy and a good beat....this song will get you hyped. They definately shut it down on the track.

Overall i give the cd and 8/10. Big Krizz gets a little bit repetitive on the hooks of the songs and there were two tracks and a skit the cd could have done without. Overall though it is a cd you can put on and listen to the whole way through. A solid release from S and S.

dawun

Sicc OG
Oct 10, 2002
i had to put it back in my rotation. say watcha say, heart and soul and kansas city are what i play the most. its a good solid album.

May 10, 2002
Skatterman is tight...hes a better MC than i anticipated...Snug Brim is aiiiight...but all the Tekneko Bros. beats get a little repititive throughout the album...i coulda used more variety...

Apr 8, 2004
That shit was average as fuck. #6,7,& 9 was really the only cuts worth playin. It's just somethin to listen to cause I wouldn't bang that shit in my trunk. I paid $19.20 for it last Friday at Sam Goody's and was little disapointed. Tech 9 ain't even come that hard like he usually do on other people's shit. I give it 3/5 NUTTS.

dawun

Sicc OG
Oct 10, 2002
1-3 and #15 and #10 are the best as you see others say 6,7,9 also 8 so you'll probably feel somethin. it will definately grow on you. It has some good lyrical content on the tracks i like. Snug Brim goes hard he is better than Skat, Skat aint bad but Snug has that voice that stands aside from everyone else like Eazy E did and flow, check his verses on murder by#'s and heart and soul. better than alot of shit out there.

May 4, 2002
I thought this was a real solid project that Strange put out. Tight production, good raps, good hooks, I was really surprised by this cd. I just popped it back in the changer today.

Apr 8, 2004
N.Ill-state said:
That shit was average as fuck. #6,7,& 9 was really the only cuts worth playin. It's just somethin to listen to cause I wouldn't bang that shit in my trunk. I paid $19.20 for it last Friday at Sam Goody's and was little disapointed. Tech 9 ain't even come that hard like he usually do on other people's shit. I give it 3/5 NUTTS.
Another rating I have to take back. I had to play it over & over to really see how it was. This cd is tight. I give it 4 outta 5 NUTTS. Out of the 2 I feel Snug Brim more cause he got a tight flow. And Kutt Kalhoun was tight too, I'll cop his album. But they could've used some better beats and tracks.

May 4, 2002

this shit is pretty good, a lot diffrent from Tech N9ne i was digging it for the most part, more of a universal feel, with some more real life issue type talk and clubby tracks...