SavSicc & Bleezo-Twin Evil (J'Sin review)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 11, 2008
www.soundclick.com

Album Artists: SavSicc & Bleezo
Album Title: Twin Evil
Label: C-Way

Overall Rating: :siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness:
Overall Thoughts: SavSicc and Bleezo demonstrate why they are the next best thing to come from Sacramento. I don't think these guys will have any problem overcoming longevity. This album is solid, especially for a debut album. SavSicc and Bleezo are some of the most technical artists of all time. They have a skill that most artists only dream of. I am looking forward to seeing what the future holds for them.

1) Twin Evil Intro- No Inputs
2) Aaaaay- :siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness: This is a nice way to start an album. Phonk Beta's beat, meshes perfectly with SavSicc and Bleezo's rapid technical flows. The piano keys set the beat off.

3) Chop Shit Down- :siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness: The hi-hats and hard kick drum create a nice up-tempo beat. Of course both artists are able to stick with this fast track and ride it like no other. Brining both scheme and lyrics.

4) Blocc it Up- :siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness: Again the production continues. This is another hard gangster beat. The hook does not contain a catchy vibe that, but the artists make up for that on the verses.

5) Bloccstar ft Skitzo- :siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness: These two have proved that they know how to pick beats. This vicious beat pounds in your brain long after you are done listening to it. The hook is so-so but the verses continue to bring fire to the track.

6) Lyrical Combat ft T Rush- :siccness::siccness::siccness: This beat does not jump out and grab me like the previous 4 tracks. The flows are still there, but are similar to everything thus far. The chorus is a step above but this song is not overall super-impressive.

7) Kill U All- :siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness: Phonk Beta brings the heat again on this track. The sample creates that dark feeling that Sacramento artists embrace. The crisp snare drum is a good replacement for the handclaps. Lyrics overcome the delivery on this track from both artists but the delivery is still there.

8) Napalm- :siccness::siccness::siccness: Vince V. tries to keep the productions up, but it still sounds familiar. The flows are nothing new. This track appears to be a filler between immaculate songs.

9) Twin Evil ft Skitzo, Brotha Lynch- :siccness::siccness::siccness: I'm feeling G. Macc's production on this track. The piano intro get's you ready for this track. I don't think the artists delivered though. Even a feature with Lynch on the chorus couldn't save this song.

10) My Cousin- :siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness: SavSicc brings a solo on this one. This is a deep track that is self-explained by the title. You can tell that SavSicc's heart is into this. The production is decent but overall the track is boosted by the subject and content.

11) Drink 2 Much ft Deep Cixxx- :siccness::siccness: I might be bias because I really don't like drinking songs. This track brings nothing new to the table. The beat is Ok and the verses sound like everything else at the beginning of the album.

12) Fallout ft Skari Stunnamire, Nolove- :siccness::siccness::siccness: The chorus on this song is half-ass. The versus are Ok, but the production is not amazing. Bleezo and Nolove are the highlights of this track. They save it from getting a 2.

13) Listen Up- :siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness: THIS IS THE BEST SONG ON THE ALBUM! Another SavSicc solo, and he bring nothing but molten rock on this track. Never have I heard someone ride a beat as well as SavSicc does on this track. The productions from CNI combine perfectly with some of the most technical versus I've ever witnessed.

14) That's the Facts- :siccness::siccness::siccness: CNI brings the production but does not follow it up as well as the last track. It's a basic beat that both artists seem to be able to provide decent versus to.

15) Threat 2 Peace- :siccness::siccness: A Bleezo solo song in which he delivers solid versus. I think Beta's production on this track throws it off. This does not make you jump out of your seat. Bleezo's chorus is not that good either.

16) Know Where You're At- :siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness: Ok there's the Phonk Beta beat that I wanted. The production on this track is the best on the album. The beat contains dark samples and hard kick drums that SavSicc and Bleezo have no problem ripping to shreds.

17) Skit ft X-Raided- :siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness: I usually don't rate skits, intros and outros, but with X-Raided spitting on this one I have to. X-Raided is the greatest technical rapper of all time. He displays it if you can understand the low quality on this track.

18) Rep 4 Sac ft Zagg, Skizto- :siccness::siccness::siccness: If I had a half to give, I would give 3 1/2 on this one. The beat is pretty solid and the artists bring hard lyrics. This is an Ok way to wrap up an album.

19) Scandlous Intro- No Inputs

20) Scandlous ft Skitzo, V8- :siccness::siccness::siccness: This is Ok for a final track, but not over the edge. The production is brought by CNI, but it doesn't really make a statement. The content and subject are stable.